There's a mystery afoot!

LightRaven

What doesn't kill me.....
Hey gang!

So even though I've lost 9 lbs so far, I'm not really "seeing" it.. like in the traditional sense. I've got the steering wheel test going on (the distance seems to get greater and greater!).. but a weird thing I noticed was last night.

I was sitting in my mom's room on her bed.. watching TV with her and I was barefoot. And on my left foot.. on the top near the toes.... for a while now, I've had a patch of red blotchy dots. Almost look like a bunch of broken capilaries, except capilaries usually look kinda like lines.. not dots. Anyways... My father had this all over his lower legs and feet (my father pre-cancer was easily over 400 lbs!). They thought it was a circulation problem, but the doctor's checked it out and it wasn't. It was weight related, but they didn;t really know what the deal was.

When my father lost all his weight, it went away.

Last night I happened to look down at my left foot and lo and behold... the patch of blotchy spots has seriously faded! :eek:

I'm soo giddy! :D:D:D:D

Has any one else noticed other evidence of weight loss aside from the traditional clothes falling off and etc.?

LR

Hi LR

Good for you hun. The only thing with me at the moment is that I feel a little thinner lol. Other than that nothing for me.

Good luck xx

yeah i know what you mean, some times i feel like nothing is changing, but especially in my ankle i can see feel changes, like less pain, like my ankles circulation is improving.

Hi LR

Good for you hun. The only thing with me at the moment is that I feel a little thinner lol. Other than that nothing for me.

Good luck xx

I wish I felt thinner! Maybe then I wouldn't have to look for other things.... like spots of my foot or the distance between my tummy and the steering wheel... :8855:

LR

My weird thing is, I have a tattoo onmy left shoulder. It goes from the back of my shoulder and over the top of it. I have noticed that it is "moving". There seems to be more of the tattoo of the top and front of my shoulder than there used to be. I have checked back on old photos and it's really happening. :confused:

Hi LightRaven :)

We've lost the same amount of weight so far!

Yes i'm not actually noticing it when i look at myself but i have noticed my ankles are not so sore, especially when i get up in the middle of the night to the toilet,lol!!

Good luck on your journey ;)

Love the moving tattoo...wonder where it will end up? lol
Not quite as odd,but i'm happy... I had loads of thin red veins on my cheeks, they've faded loads the last week or so :)

Hannah, those little red veins on your face are probably broken capillaries.. I have a few too...They usually show up on people with very fair translucent skin (me!!)... but I didn't know they could go away. I wonder if my father's went away too when he lost all his weight.... he had a ton on his cheeks and nose.

Lind... I always wanted a tatoo... and when I was younger, I planned on getting one when I lost alot of weight.... but I'm a chicken when it comes to pain. I react in one of two ways.. I either pass out, or I want to get violent with the person inflicting it! :8855:

LR

Love the moving tattoo...wonder where it will end up? lol
Not quite as odd,but i'm happy... I had loads of thin red veins on my cheeks, they've faded loads the last week or so :)

lol I know, my hubby said it will shrink too, which I don't want because it's quite big but if it does I will just have to get more done to it.

Another think I noticed was my shoes are getting too big for me!! I didn't even know I had fat feet to start with!! lol

Another think I noticed was my shoes are getting too big for me!! I didn't even know I had fat feet to start with!! lol

Oh I can't wait for that! I have huge feet! They are just so wide that buying shoes is a major problem. That and I walk funny, (haha, I roll on the out sides of my feet).. so I'm really hard on shoes. :cry: And I love shoes... but can't buy them....

LR

Back