These are the thoughts going through my head right now

AnnieAnnie

Gold Member
I've done Cambridge before, I lost 5 stone without any cheats. Sadly, my presumption that being thin would be motivation enough to stay thin was way off. So I'm back.

Day 10 & it's lunch in the office. I have a tetra in a mug & because we work flexi time with people in & out, no questions are asked about lunch. So these are the thoughts running through my mind right now:

I don't want to ss
Everyone else is eating normally, so I don't really have to do this, I can just eat healthy meals & lose weight
It's not fair
I can't do this for another 6 months. I just can't
I'm so deprived, I can't deal with it
Why am I back on this again, I swore I would never do it
Just have one meal in the evening it'll be so much easier.

I do find it quite helpful to focus on thoughts as they arrive, it's quite a good technique if you have eating issues as the thoughts will be gone in 5 minutes & it teaches you not to act on every thought you have when you are eating normally. And it teaches you that they pass. It's quite empowering. Although I'd kill for some broccoli right now, that thought will be with me for the next 6 months!

Does anyone else do this?
SA

AnnieAnnie said:
I've done Cambridge before, I lost 5 stone without any cheats. Sadly, my presumption that being thin would be motivation enough to stay thin was way off. So I'm back.

Day 10 & it's lunch in the office. I have a tetra in a mug & because we work flexi time with people in & out, no questions are asked about lunch. So these are the thoughts running through my mind right now:

I don't want to ss
Everyone else is eating normally, so I don't really have to do this, I can just eat healthy meals & lose weight
It's not fair
I can't do this for another 6 months. I just can't
I'm so deprived, I can't deal with it
Why am I back on this again, I swore I would never do it
Just have one meal in the evening it'll be so much easier.

I do find it quite helpful to focus on thoughts as they arrive, it's quite a good technique if you have eating issues as the thoughts will be gone in 5 minutes & it teaches you not to act on every thought you have when you are eating normally. And it teaches you that they pass. It's quite empowering. Although I'd kill for some broccoli right now, that thought will be with me for the next 6 months!

Does anyone else do this?
SA

I think like that quite often. Esp in the evening when I'm at a loose end. I try and visit people or keep myself occupied. The thoughts ARE coming less often! It is getting easier...

My brain does this. My brain tried to convince me tonight on the way home from my cdc that it would be sensible to get a small chicken shish and salad from the kebab shop as it's so cold and that my body was probably 'holding on' to weight as I haven't been eating. Naughty brain. I just remind myself that it was my brain telling me to eat more than I needed to that got me here in the first place!!! It's hard but it'll be worth it. Keep going - you've done it once so you can definitely do it again.

100% agree with what your saying, I too have had to check myself today, does not help that hubby is out tonight and I forgot it was my turn for cooking tea so kids went to chippy :(

But I am just trying not to think to far ahead, and take one day at a time :)

mmmmmmmmmm porky scratchings, used to be my guilty pleasure x

Back