These Weight Watchers points - I have to eat sooo many!

tess8517

How can I loose weight with eating 28 points a day! I hate being nearly 20 stone at the age of 23 , just really want it to be a quick fix! Is weight watchers the thing for me? I started at 20.3 stone now I am 19.12 is that good for my fourth weigh in?Bit worried about 2mras weigh in I ate 10 won ton prawns with curry sauce after my last weigh in- cos I only lost half a pound, I am strict on my self though I did take it off my next days allowance along with 9 from that day - I estimated it all at about 16. How many do you think it is for one won ton, they are deep fried?:confused:

Thank You

And I hope you are all doing well! xx

Well done for joining WW and having some weight loss already! :)

Firstly, you have to eat to loose the weight. If you don't eat enough, your body will go into starvation mode and you will simply loose little or nothing.

I am a great fan of the points system and I would suggest you break the points down as follows:
Breakfast 10 points, AM morning Snack 2 points, Lunch 8 points, PM Snack 1 points, Evening Meal 7 points.
Remember to account for milk and sugar that has gone into your tea/coffee.
Get out walking once a day for 30 mins. It's a brilliant way to stimulate all your good mood hormones.

Start with small goals. Perhaps put a countdown sheet up with number 1-7 etc... ticking off the pounds as you loose weight. It's a great way to motivate yourself too.

And last but not least - TRACKER! I think that is the only way you can truly see how hard you have worked at eating your points, eating healthier & it will be worth taking it to your weigh in each week for your WW leader to look at. She might just spot a few things that you can change for the better.

Just some ideas - I wish you all the best! Will look out for your posts! :)

xx

Oops... just wanted to add....:p

Remember, you didn't gain the overnight, so don't be hard on yourself and expect to loose it quickly.

Look at it long term - it's a change of lifestyle and you will most definitely benefit from it in the long run.

xx

Well i did this for like a week but i was just having 10 points a day somtimes less i know thats bad but i did lose a big amount maybe try lower the points to 20?

Nicky thats downright dangerous. Youre going to go into starvation mode and make yourself ill!!!! You cant possibly survive on 10 points a day or less. The amount you lost isnt a true loss, its like being ill, you dont eat, lose weight but as soon as you do eat again you gain

How many points a day should you be on??? WW state the minimimum anyone should have is 14 but thats only if thats their allocation.

If youre doing WW you MUST eat your points allowance.

Please do not advise anyone to drop 8 points a day - the diet wont work!!

How can I loose weight with eating 28 points a day! I hate being nearly 20 stone at the age of 23 , just really want it to be a quick fix! Is weight watchers the thing for me? I started at 20.3 stone now I am 19.12 is that good for my fourth weigh in?Bit worried about 2mras weigh in I ate 10 won ton prawns with curry sauce after my last weigh in- cos I only lost half a pound, I am strict on my self though I did take it off my next days allowance along with 9 from that day - I estimated it all at about 16. How many do you think it is for one won ton, they are deep fried?:confused:

Thank You

And I hope you are all doing well! xx

Youll be surprised how quickly you can use the points ;)

Seriously though if you SHOULD be on 28 you really have to eat them. If youre struggling why not post in the WW section there are loads of tricks to bump your point intake up to where it should be if youre struggling.

DONT fall into the trap of thinking if you dont eat your points youll lose more - it doesnt work like that. WW is a fabulous diet, dont feel guilty about enjoying your food when youre on it :)

No that is true I didnt gain it over night but I have always been big. I had my stomach stapled two years ago when I was 20 - I went on my own to Belgium to have it done - took some guts but I needed to do it as I thought I would do it that way BUT It didnt work like that. These days I cant eat solid veg or anything I have to liquidise it - since starting WW I hadnt eaten one bit of fruit or veg since my op - simply because it makes me really violently ill , cannot stomach it. But now I am making soups etc.

What can you guys tell me as a motivator kick? I walk now every night and do some spa'ing with punch gloves with ym OH too :) Just dont ever want to losse this motivation and let the food take over again cos at the moment I am in controld not the food in control of me! And plus what about if I have a put on week or only loose half a pound - it really disheartens me and makes me not want to go on (I have done WW before)

How do you all over come this feeling? I have dropped my points to 25 as I just feel I am eating too much atm xx

Back