They are awful!

emmadebra

Hi all!

Had the vegetable soup for lunch and although I made this one without the lumps it tasted awful. I didn't expect it to taste
delicious but gosh. I couldn't finish it all either.

Don't know if I am going to be able to stick to this but will try my hardest, still only day one-arg!

Does the taste get any better as you go along?

Emma

Hi Emma,
It's a shame you've had such a bad experience so far with the shakes/soups. All I can suggest is just keep trying different flavours. There are so many to choose from, you're bound to find some you like.
Personally I can't stand the soups but I really like the chocolate, choc mint, banana and choc tetras.
Just keep in there and swap any you don't like.
Good Luck. :D

I can't stand the texture of the soups but they are great made as crisps or poppadums. Persevere, you will find something you like.

Good luck!

Hi,

As the others have said, try all the flavours before throwing in the towel. Do you blend them? Try adding dried herbs and pepper, it really helps.

Thank you all.
I won't throw the towel in yet def going to try and stick to this esp for this first week anyway!
I will try some different flavours tomorrow.
Oooooh Mrs B like the idea of the crisp thing-how do you do that-just put it on a baking tray in the oven?

Thank you all.
I won't throw the towel in yet def going to try and stick to this esp for this first week anyway!
I will try some different flavours tomorrow.
Oooooh Mrs B like the idea of the crisp thing-how do you do that-just put it on a baking tray in the oven?

Recipe link above in the stickys!! Hope it helps!! The muffins are fab!!

Good luck!!

bleughhhhhhh I can't stand the soups either.I live of shakes,tetras and bars

Keep going you actually get use to the tastes and they don't seem as bad after a while,infact if I don't have a bar I start craving them insted of mars bars LOL

Thank you all, going to look at that recipe sticky right now!!

I don't like the soups at all! I do like the choc mint shake (esp as a mousse), the vanilla with coffee and the butterscotch but I have been on just tetras (1 banana and 2 choc each day) this week, and am enjoying it much more! I hope you find one you like soon! xx

I'm another who cant stand the soups lol - gave it a week, tried all the flavours but i just couldnt take them. I just have shakes (and got a couple of bars this week to try) and find i actually look forward to them, and i love a choc muffin as treat - yum!
Stick with it - your taste buds will adapt & you will find a combination of flavours you like x

I add a few drops of tabasco to the veg soup and often some coriander leaf which I have found freeze dried (Schwartz); try also the basil as an alternative and maybe a sprinkle of black pepper. I do mess with the soups a bit generally but so far the only one I haven't taken to is "spicy tomato".

I'm another one that doesnt like the soups..even the thought of them makes me gag! Chocolate tetra is lovely. I live on choc bars, choc tetras and choc shakes!! Funny thing though, in the outside world i dont actually like chocolate very much! You're doing well, keep up the good work.

I also cannot stand the soups.. I really felt that I wouldn't be able to do it and had to pour the spicy tomato down the sink YUK. I ended up calling my CDC and she swapped them all for shakes. Much happier although I had a cappuccino the other day and struggled to get that down. I have discovered that by adding more more water than recommended improves the shakes no end ...

Qute a few I don't like either, choc tetras are delish!

Spicy tom is a good one too.

You'll find some you like and then there will be no stopping you!

I don't care if they taste like cardboard...as long as I get the fabulous weight losses...I'd drink raw eggs for that lol.

Ive just made my cappuchino shake cold with ice cubes and wish now Id made it hot. Has anyone made it with hot water Yes! and is it nice? Yes Yes Yes!

:)
do try it...& if it's not coffee-ey enough just add some real coffee granules --yum1
I also cannot stand the soups.. I really felt that I wouldn't be able to do it and had to pour the spicy tomato down the sink YUK. I ended up calling my CDC and she swapped them all for shakes. Much happier although I had a cappuccino the other day and struggled to get that down. I have discovered that by adding more more water than recommended improves the shakes no end ...
Me too. Much nicer long, plus more satifying & you get some of your water allowance down too.
I don't care if they taste like cardboard...as long as I get the fabulous weight losses...I'd drink raw eggs for that lol.
Admirable sentiment & I remember feeling like that...but it's easier if they are enjoyable too. Made me think If I needed to have some CD in my life to help with maintenance then it'd be a pleasure not a chore.

I love the soups!

To make mine, I use about 3/4 pint of cold (tap) water. Put that into the blender with the contents of the pack - with perhaps a few drops of tabasco, some black pepper or dried herbs or spices- and blitz it really well so that it's all well mixed with no lumps or powdery bits. Heat the mixture gently in a saucepan until it's hot (but not boiling as that can destroy the nutrients) and then enjoy eating it with a spoon from a large soupbowl. Yum!! :p

I always add extra coffee to the cappuccino shakes too to give it an extra 'zing' - and also to the vanilla one sometimes to make it into a kind of latte, or even to a chocolate shake so that it becomes like a mocha :)

I make iced coffee's, using vanilla shake, about 10 ice cubes, 1 sweetener, a table spoon of coffee and my hand blender. Absolutely delicious, I'm addicted

Back