Things BETTER than food!!!!!

Chitty

Been thinking about it and there really is lots of things better than food....... I've listed a couple, see if you can add more :).

Size 10 Jeans
Being able to run with the children
Being looked at twice in the street by the opposite sex:innocent0002:
Watching your children play together, without falling out.

I could list lots more.. what do you think?

Size 10 Jeans
Shopping
Phoning your best buddy and having a good old natter.....
A very long soak in the bath with out lots of noise outside the door..lol
Going into a shop and realizing you've gone down a dress size...
Going into a shop and realizing you've gone down 2 dress sizes.
A big cuddle with your OH
A group hug with your family...

Having a good hair day.
Passing exams.
Sports ( When im fitter ill be doing much more)
Laughing - like that rip roaring belly laugh!

Thanks so much for this post!! Im on day 3 ( well 4) now on SS and im sooo hungry that this has just put things into perspective!!

great ! :)

Size 10 Jeans
Shopping
Phoning your best buddy and having a good old natter.....
A very long soak in the bath with out lots of noise outside the door..lol
Going into a shop and realizing you've gone down a dress size...
Going into a shop and realizing you've gone down 2 dress sizes.
A big cuddle with your OH
A group hug with your family
Having a good hair day.
Passing exams.
Sports ( When im fitter ill be doing much more)
Laughing - like that rip roaring belly laugh!

I agree, nothing like a good old belly laugh.... lol I've added them altogether. Any more for any more....
At the moment finding a wii instock in argos would be pretty good.

Oh I like this thread....

Going to a party and dancing your socks off.
Running up the stairs/for a bus and not ending up like a great big sweaty beetroot.
Trying on last years coat, only to find it's too big....
And that you left £20 in the pocket.
Taking all your big clothes to the charity shop and the ladies being really pleased with your donation.
The smell of bonfires and fallen leaves.
A brisk walk in the park in the crisp wintery air.
Not having to go to the supermarket.
Finding a hat that really suits you, and keeps you cosy.
Live music.
Beating your high score at MahJong 2.
Browsing through the catalogues and wondering what Christmas dress to get this year with a sense of anticipation rather than one of dread.....

Ok size 10 is good but the feeling of finally getting back into size 8's after my daughter was fantastic (just got to do it again now)
Knowing that you've got a better figure than a lot of the childless teenagers around now.
Knowing that you can walk into any clothes shop and know that all the clothes are designed for your figure so everything looks good (apart from your bank balance).
Never having to say to the shop assistant outside the changing room that it was too small, rather if anything that it was far too big :) (much better).
Not having to suck in your bellie ever for it to look flat, and for it to be flat even when sitting down at a desk.

Phew I've got more! I like this thread reminds me why I am on a diet :)

Seeing your hubbie's proud face when he introduces you to his work collegues.
Knowing that none of your friends can fit in your clothes so can ever borrow them off you (and never give them back).
Be completely at ease when in the firing line of a camera at family events and work do'es.
Stepping on a friends scale in their bathroom because your's broke a few months back only to see that you are a stone lighter than you actually thought you were.
Being able to wear a mini skirt at town and feel comfortable.
Being able to dance the night away without tiring.

And of course the most important things that are far more Important that food or weight loss.

Cuddling up with my family after a hard day.
Seeing my children's faces light up at christmas.
Saying 'Yes' to hubbie 5 years ago at my wedding in front of friends and family.
Knowing that no matter how bad things get I will always thank god that me and my family are together and healthy.

seeing an old friend and having them tell you you look fab
having sexy people ask for your number
getting phone calls for skinny friends to go shopping
not leaving a clothes shop with just a pair of earings

You see Scatty Katty! I havent experienced your "thin" feelings like evr!! (hopefully i will though)

But yea I agree with

Live music!! defo!!

Also

The way the room lights up and you just KNOW its been snowing!:gen125:
Going into work and the to be told its your day off.:bliss::bliss:
Kisses that give you butterflies.
T in the park.:party0023:
Meeting your ex and his new gf and noting that shes a complete hound lol!:sign0151:
Things that stop me cheating :

Imagining losing my weight and going to a club and loads of people i know will be there and there like "whose that?":eek:
Going into a shop that stocks my size and my size isnt the biggest in the shop eg An 18 in river island.(theres nothing worse than trying something on than thinking "if this doesnt fit then im screwed!") :wave_cry:
Not sweating my makeup off into big patches!
Not scared to go and get a good bikini wax incase they cant get in properly because of my huuuge thighs! (oo-er):sigh:

The list goes on ........

Great thread Chitty!! :happy096:

Oh hun you'll do I know you will (hugs)
I WISH I was that size again. I've since had a son and put everything back on that I lost after having my daughter 3 years ago :(
We'll do it together x x

Not scared to go and get a good bikini wax incase they cant get in properly because of my huuuge thighs! (oo-er):sigh:

This thread is brill... there are so many things I agree with... especially the bikini wax..oh and to go into a shop ANY shop and know something will fit...that you like!!!

exatamundoo!

yea nt jsut the left over mink brown vest tops when it winter thats left!!

lol and evans is waay to expensive sometimes!! xx

I'm doing slimfast. It's what I did last time to shift pregnancy so I know it works well for me.
I love the shakes they are yummy so I don't feel like cheating on it :)
I hear your on the Cambridge diet? I've just googled it and it seems pretty good and effective.
Keep me informed how it works for you x x

I'm doing slimfast. It's what I did last time to shift pregnancy so I know it works well for me.
I love the shakes they are yummy so I don't feel like cheating on it :)
I hear your on the Cambridge diet? I've just googled it and it seems pretty good and effective.
Keep me informed how it works for you x x

Hey Katty...
I doing the Lipotrim diet at present but Im going to stop next week as Ive a few weekends away and christmas partys coming up.. so Im thinking of doing the slimfast diet over the Christmas have you any tips???

Rachie
x

Only some basic advice from experience. You WILL get hungry on it during the first week or so. As long as you don't give it up however the shakes then do start to fill you up within no time.
I know WW microwave meals are convience foods so not really as healthy as freshly prepared food, but they do do all the cal counting for you. So I always keep a fridge full and have one ww micro meal with a slice of bread to fill up (I love my bread couldn't ever give it up ;).
Since this isn't a no carb diet you can do that and still lose as much weight as long as the cal content for the entire meal doesn't go over 600.
Finally as with any diet drink a lot of water.
Good luck on it :)
Fingers crossed it works as well for me as it did last time x x

Back