Things I am working on coming to accept......

ruthiebusybee

I have realised that there are certain facts that I must accept in order to change my life.

Firstly, no one is going to lose this weight for me. This is perhaps the most important one, and one that then leads onto the others below.

2. Secondly, I am not great at sticking to the confines of a diet, no matter how good my intentions and how flexible the plan, then I must exercise more. Exercising more will work out better than the previously adopted "sod-it" attitude.

I am not unhappy at work as such, just thoroughly bored with it, after nearly 11 years in the industry. No miraculous event is going to magically change this, no matter how hard I will my lottery ticket to be the winning one. If I want a career change then I need to make it happen.

No matter what area of life, Change doesn't just come about on it's own, or by lucky chance, unless you are actually a character from a Katie Fforde novel or Hollywood movie, which I am pretty sure I'm not.

If you want something to change, then you have got to darned well change it yourself.

Hi Ruthie

I've just caught up with a friend after a couple of years and we've both given ourselves the - you have to do it yourself talk. Decluttering homes and decluttering lives (as well as decluttering digestive system!)

Change will happen when you are ready and your totally right with you have to make the change and embrace it :)

Hi guys

I just spend so much time willing and wishing things to happen/change on all on their own by magic.

This week hasn't been any different to any other week really - managed not to gain any weight, which is a positive, even though I would have preferred to lose a stone! I have also booked onto a taster training course for a more practical job which I am really looking forward to!

Small steps, but all of them in the right direction!

xx

Do you know what, I could have written the exact same post! I need to seriously change my weight, fitness & work this year too.

Luckily... I think! I've signed up for the London Moonwalk in May this year as well as a 5 mile run at the end of March, so have set myself targets to exercise & train for, whether I want to or not; I am trying to look at this as a positive! :D

Well done Claire! I did the Moonwalk several years ago now, and it's the best Charity event I have done. Strangely, as you get to the end near Tower Bridge, it's actually more comfortable to jog, even up the steps, I did get a few wierd looks, but you use different muscles jogging than walking. Let us know how you get on!! The medals are amazing too!

I read a really good quote in my new study book too - "As we think, so we are".

I thought that was brilliant, and very true - think positive and you'll feel better.

All these things are blindingly obvious when you stop and think, but sometimes that's what's needed to realign stuff, including work/life balance and realising what really is important and separate that from what we do to pay the bills!

I just have to add to your first point, not only can nobody do it for you, but just like smoking you have to really want to do it.

That might seem obvious, but a lot of failures are down to not fully committing to the task in hand.

I'm really looking forward to the Moonwalk - at nearly £50 to enter I was a bit unsure whether I should do it this year, but I'm so pleased now that I have. I'm actually looking forward to the walking training!

I totally agree with all that's been said!

I'm really looking forward to the Moonwalk - at nearly £50 to enter I was a bit unsure whether I should do it this year, but I'm so pleased now that I have. I'm actually looking forward to the walking training!

I totally agree with all that's been said!

Are you already thinking about how to decorate your bra? It's great fun. Loads of blokes do it too - all dressed in bras though! It's a requirement! LOL!

Are you already thinking about how to decorate your bra? It's great fun. Loads of blokes do it too - all dressed in bras though! It's a requirement! LOL!

Yes!

The theme is Rocking All Over the World, so music / Olympics related - trouble is I am so lacking the creative gene, so I really don't know what to do! There's three of us doing it together so would be good to pair up with them decorations-wise - I'm just hoping they are feeling more inspired than I am! :) x

Back