Things that are better when you're lighter.

HellieCopter

Gold Member
I am in the mood for a motivational post!

I thought it could be good for those of us at or near target to share some of the things that are better now we are lighter, as a way of helping our fellow SWers to keep motivated. Also, as a reminder about why we lost weight and further motivation to keep it off, which we all know is super-hard.

So, here are some of the things I can think of that are better now I'm lighter:

• High heels - I can now wear the gorgeous, glam, silly shoes that I love so much because my feet are no longer too fat to fit in them! Also, when I wear said silly shoes, I can actually walk in them and can wear them all evening without the balls of my feet getting that stinging, burning sensationafter half an hour.
  • Shopping - It's no longer a matter of picking something because it's the only thing that fits or the only style in my size. I have so much choice now!
  • Eating in public - I can choose whatever I fancy from the menu (whether it be an attempt to eat SW friendly or a meal off!) and not worry that people are thinking "she shouldn't really be ordering sticky toffee pudding after starter and main course!" and as I eat my sandwich or pasta salad in the canteen at work, I don't get upset at the thought of people watching me eat.
  • Going to see the doctor - I used to put off going when something was wrong, for fear of it being attributed to being obese and being told to go away and lose weight!
  • Swimming - aside from the usual swimsuit fears, I no longer get asked when I'm due.
So, there are just a few reasons to keep losing and get to target! Add more, be they little things or big things.

(
By the way, I am not writing this as a 'yay me, I've lost sooo much weight' kind of post! I read it back and it might come across that way, and I don't intend it to :eek:)

looking at myself in the relfection of shops/mirrors :D
Feelin Healthy
Being comfortable in my own skin and having nooky with lights on ;)
getting rings that are classed as 'normal'
dropping from a DD to a D which makes it cheaper in some shops (ca ching!)

Last edited:
Brilliant post. So what do i find now I am lighter.
1) my bum fits on narrow bus seats so i don't squash the person next to me
2) As I am not in out size clothes any more nothing in my size is in the sales . . so I have saved money.
3) I don't cross the road to avoid shop mirrors.
4) I can buy belts off the shelf without having to choose from Evans reduced range.
5) I don't get the dirty looks in supermarkets when I have something naughty in my trolley.
6) People say "why are you on a diet you don't look as though you need to"
7)My bum doesn't get sore from sitting on it as i move a lot more now.
8) running upstairs without getting out of breath

THE BIGGEST CHANGE THOUGH IS I NEED LESS MEDICATION FOR MY SWALLOWING DISORDER YIPPEE !!!

What a great post....mine are:
1 - Being proud of my achievements and happy with me.
2 - Feeling far more sexy...lucky hubbie I say lol :flirt2:
3 - Enjoy clothes shopping, much more choice now but boy its expensive
4 - Being a great role model for my teenage son who's becoming very aware of his own shape and general diet. He's joined SW and lost 6lb in 3 weeks and only needs to lose about another 8 lb, there Free to Go plan is great for 12+
5 - Having more energy
6 - I had 2 back ops 2 years ago which has left me with a damaged sciatic nerve :( The weight loss has helped with my bad leg and foot even though I'll never recover now at least I'm working to take off as much weigh as possible

Lots of reasons to continue and live a long and healthy future
xx

Great post Hellie

I am nodding away to most of the above! Girly shoes! Clothes! bliss
Others include;

• Getting looked at off men, having a panic that they are thinking horrible things then realising they are actually checking me out!
  • Seeing my face for what feels like the first time- it has been covered in access fat for many years and now I can actually see it's structure and what I truly look like
  • Meeting new people and them having no idea that I used to be fat. I always thought everyone saw me as the cheerful fat girl- I often forget that I am not fat anymore and make reference to it and new people look at me in a confused way as if to say "what is she talking about"
  • When organising holidays and days out I no longer have to make my first consideration "But will I be able to do that because I am fat?". I no longer worry about the size of fairground ride/theatre/airoplane seats or whether I can manage things physically (hot air balloning, skiing, bowling, long walks, etc)
There are soooooooo many more, but am beginning to bore myself....

xxxx

Hugs, I love the fact my other half can proper hug me now and it feels lovely that I can get so close to him. Thats a better feeling that anything ever.

Great post, thanks Hellie.
There are so many good things, and I am nodding to all mentioned too!

I just love:

• being able to wear my leggings and boots which I would never have done before.
  • Buying size 10 clothes
  • Walking past a mirror or shop window without thinking I have a fat bum and tum
  • Asking hubby whether something looks too baggy instead of asking if my bum looks too fat in it!
  • The compliments
  • Being able to walk up and down all the hills here without having to stop for a breather
It is all good!

Great post. Here's mine
  • I can tuck jeans in boots - before I couldn't even do up most boots over my fat calves
  • Choice of clothes - great for me, bad for credit card!
  • When a size 10 is too big and I have to buy size 8 (only happened once so far, though)
  • And I can now wear the trendy "layered" looks, without looking like a sausage bursting out of its skin
  • My skin and hair are in better condition - still working on the cellulite though
  • Agree with the high heels thing - the pain before is something I'd never put down to my weight

WARNING, ANYONE OF A SENSITIVE NATURE MAY WISH TO SKIP THIS POST. TO EVERYONE ELSE, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...

WOW to all of the above. Although I am still (ahem) well-upholstered atm, the last time I lost weight after DD1, the best thing after all the clothes, not feeling judged etc, was S*X. Not due to energy levels, just due to the fact the my fat gut (missionary) and thighs (Cowgirl) didn't get in the way. I have actually made myself laugh being so explicit! :flirt2:

(By the way, I am not writing this as a 'yay me, I've lost sooo much weight' kind of post! I read it back and it might come across that way, and I don't intend it to :eek:)

It doesn't come across that way and you might not want to say it but it doesn't stop me!!

Yay you, fantastic loss!!!

Fab post, by the way

xxx

Yup agreed, fab post!! OK, what I lurve about being lighter is:-

- I have lots more energy, sometimes more than I know what to do with!! I actually look forward to going out for a vigorous walk rather than sighing and seeing it as something I 'should' do!!

-My clothes fit so much better and I have gone down nearly 2 sizes in jeans and trousers (depending which shop- Dorothy Perkins and Red Herring in Debenhams have the thumbs up but some shops still have the thumbs down on sizing!!) I go in a lot more around my waist so I feel more curvacioius in a good way and feminine!

-I can cross one leg over the other comfortably now without having to strain to hold it in place!!

-The soles of my feet don't burn so much when wearing heels!

-It's satisfying to know that I've lost the same amount of weight from my body as the maximum luggage allowance on Ryanair flights!! (15kg!!!)

WARNING, ANYONE OF A SENSITIVE NATURE MAY WISH TO SKIP THIS POST. TO EVERYONE ELSE, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...

WOW to all of the above. Although I am still (ahem) well-upholstered atm, the last time I lost weight after DD1, the best thing after all the clothes, not feeling judged etc, was S*X. Not due to energy levels, just due to the fact the my fat gut (missionary) and thighs (Cowgirl) didn't get in the way. I have actually made myself laugh being so explicit! :flirt2:

Hehe :D you made me giggle but can totally see where your coming from lol

empathatic smile :)

Back