Things that make you go hmm!

Got out of the car in the supermarket today, was walking towards the shop with a man walking infront of me, walked for about 3-4 mins and as soon as we got to the shop he got into a mobility scooter and started doing his shopping.

i even saw him walking back to the car carrying his shopping.. is it wrong to just think he was being lazy ?

Was in the gym today and this young guy comes in, sits on the excersise bike pops his feet up and starts watching the tv's.. glad to see he's getting his membership moneys worth.

Woman and a boy on bikes stop the woman pulls out baccy and papers and rolls and fag hands it to the boy...who was at most 11years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny thread, cat milk made me spit my wine out :)

The mobility scooter thing made me laugh! The woman I work with makes me go Hmmmm well more aaaaargh actually! This week she was saying about getting a hearing dog for the deaf. She is deaf in one ear and has selective deafness until you whisper something or mention food and then she has the hearing of a bat. Also, she's a hypochondriac.

Anyway the comment about the hearing dog was prompted by her walking home with her hood up and stepping into the road because she 'couldn't hear a car'. She doesn't need a flimming hearing dog she needs to brush off her Tufty Club badge and learn the green cross code! Aaaaaaargh.

Malc-D said:
Was in the gym today and this young guy comes in, sits on the excersise bike pops his feet up and starts watching the tv's.. glad to see he's getting his membership moneys worth.

That's funny! Thursday's is student day at my gym. When you arrive they are just sitting, dressed and ready in the changing room on their phones so It's really awkward while u get changed. Then you go into gym and they sit around, in the way, playing with phones and not doing anything! Why bother?

Something that makes me go hmmm is when I have to visit the cancer centre at the hospital with my Dad. It's a funny atmosphere, everyones there for chemo or radiotherapy or to see a consultant etc. Everyone chats away like they know each other and everyone tries to make out that things could be worse and they're quite lucky compared to some. Dad was chatting to a guy the other day who had throat and lung cancer and was there for treatment, could barely talk and he looked extremely Ill. He had his treatment and him and his wife went straight out for a fag?! Wtf?! The whole hospital is non smoking but loads of people are outside the doors smoking. Winds me up a bit as you have to walk through them all to get to the car.

Apologies if this rattles any smokers but I am your typical 'holier than thou' ex smoker.

hendopig said:
Something that makes me go hmmm is when I have to visit the cancer centre at the hospital with my Dad. It's a funny atmosphere, everyones there for chemo or radiotherapy or to see a consultant etc. Everyone chats away like they know each other and everyone tries to make out that things could be worse and they're quite lucky compared to some. Dad was chatting to a guy the other day who had throat and lung cancer and was there for treatment, could barely talk and he looked extremely Ill. He had his treatment and him and his wife went straight out for a fag?! Wtf?! The whole hospital is non smoking but loads of people are outside the doors smoking. Winds me up a bit as you have to walk through them all to get to the car.

Apologies if this rattles any smokers but I am your typical 'holier than thou' ex smoker.

I think this could be any hosp!! I'm a nurse and see it all the time,makes me mad!!!

is it a sign of our modern thoughts of everything must be quick.. no time to do this or that.. busy busy busy..

easier to grab a quick 'unhealthy' meal and enjoy it (because of whats in it) or take time to make something from scratch that tastes amazing and is good for you.

is it as simple as the human race is slowly just becoming lazy because it's easier ?

being healthy takes time and effort, but it's worth it

thanks jezzi
you said that better then i ever could.. reading it back it does look to me as i meant lazy 'can't be bothered', but i meant it as being too tired.
(call me lazy for just writing it quick, :eek: duh, me!)

sorry for the confussion, but i agree with you. alot of couples or single people are working all day then getting home late and don't feel like cooking. and most of the time people just grab something quick (micromeals or fastfood) and it's sometimes a unhealthier option. i've noticed that making alot of healthier meals takes longer to prep and cook then if i was just making a basic meals and then add ontop of this basic house cleaning and washing, and then theres not much time left in the day to do anything just for you.

being a grown up sucks lol

Back