Things that we're greatful for

I'm greatful for all the lovely ladies writing on my thread and makine everything a bit happier. I'm greatful for the peanut butter cookie recipe I found today and the success that my new diet seems to be - finally not starving all the time. I'm greatful for the challenges that are comming up at work this week and getting a chance to prove I've learned a lot. Greatful for the energy and ability to exercise and improve my physical and mental fitness.

I think we can all say we're grateful to you for starting this thread. It is a lovely idea and works.
Have you ever watched Legally Blonde 2? It is like the snap cup!

Hopefully, if it's worked *fingers crossed* my picture should have changed. -It didn't, I'll try again tomorrow!

Last edited:
exiguous said:
I'm greatful for all the lovely ladies writing on my thread and makine everything a bit happier. I'm greatful for the peanut butter cookie recipe I found today and the success that my new diet seems to be - finally not starving all the time. I'm greatful for the challenges that are comming up at work this week and getting a chance to prove I've learned a lot. Greatful for the energy and ability to exercise and improve my physical and mental fitness.

Nice and positive day for you,thanks for starting this thread :0) plus I'm pleased you are happy with your new diet :0)

My five things midweek are,

1,even though the OH was abit poorly at the start of the week,he wasn't as grumpy as he normally would be lol

2,all the advice,support and kind words on here as always :0)

3,even though money is a bit tight at the moment I'm grateful I was able to buy some different foods and some fresh orange juice that l haven't had in a long time!

4,the sun that has shone today :0)

5,Me and the OH having our chilled evenings together!

Love that 'chilled evenings' sounds awesome. Great stuff hon, and your doing so great at shred and all. I'm very greatful for a loss at last and for a fantastic opportunity thats come up for me and OH at work today - more details on this later!

exiguous said:
Love that 'chilled evenings' sounds awesome. Great stuff hon, and your doing so great at shred and all. I'm very greatful for a loss at last and for a fantastic opportunity thats come up for me and OH at work today - more details on this later!

Ohh i look forward to hearing the details later :0) well done on the loss,you deserve it hun as I know you work hard :0)
Thanks about the shred,yup those chilled evenings will be even more worth it once OH is back at Uni and we spend less time together!

I'm grateful that my niece has been given the all clear and she no longer has to go to hospital -6 years ago when she was 4 doctors found something on her brain.
I'm grateful my maths exams are over and that you both have nice things going on!

That's really great news Lisa, and congratulations on the Maths exam that's super. Hope its a lovely day with that pressure off you

I'm grateful that my niece has been given the all clear and she no longer has to go to hospital -6 years ago when she was 4 doctors found something on her brain.
I'm grateful my maths exams are over and that you both have nice things going on!

LisaD said:

Love the Dog pic,lovely looking :0) that's brilliant news about your neice.Yay to exams being over when do you get your results?

Thanks both. I'm retaking some GCSEs because I've been trying to get a graduate job for 5 years and I think that has been a hindrance. I have science next week but I've enjoyed that one so hopefully it'll help. I'm assuming I get the results in August with school leavers.

I hope you've both had a good day.

Today I'm grateful that the power plate has been added to my gym membership for no extra cost :) x

LisaD said:
Thanks both. I'm retaking some GCSEs because I've been trying to get a graduate job for 5 years and I think that has been a hindrance. I have science next week but I've enjoyed that one so hopefully it'll help. I'm assuming I get the results in August with school leavers.

I hope you've both had a good day.

Today I'm grateful that the power plate has been added to my gym membership for no extra cost :) x

Well done with the exams :0) had a good day thanks.Thats good about the power plate being added for free :0)

GCSE results are due to be released 25th August this year. The exam centre usually gets them the day before but cannot release them.
A-level results are generally the week before.
Good luck! Xx

gentoo/aptenny

Hi :0)

My first thing to be grateful for is my friends that knew money was tight for me but wanted to treat me to a meal Friday night,nice when you know people care and understand...
Which brings me to number two..I'm so grateful to my best friend..we drive each other loopy lol but are there for each other at the end of the day,I'd be lost without her..
Number three is this site,as always it's keeps me on the straight and narrow and I'm very grateful for that!
Number four is the area I live,had a couple of nice picnics literally on my doorstep,love living here :0)
Number five is the gorgeous weather which makes everything look so much better :0)

YAY good stuff daisy! I'm very greatful for a nice afternoon watching a movie with my work collegues it was nice to relax and have an unorthedox shared experience at work hahaha
I'm greatful for having training this evening to regroup with my team and move forward after our last defeat. I'm greatful for the unmerciful and unrelenting determination to win that comes from a hard knock. I've had enough of those and this is my turn to win.

exiguous said:
YAY good stuff daisy! I'm very greatful for a nice afternoon watching a movie with my work collegues it was nice to relax and have an unorthedox shared experience at work hahaha
I'm greatful for having training this evening to regroup with my team and move forward after our last defeat. I'm greatful for the unmerciful and unrelenting determination to win that comes from a hard knock. I've had enough of those and this is my turn to win.

Love your positive out look after your hard knock :0) hope all goes well at training tonight.Thats great that you got the time to relax with your work colleagues,enjoy the rest of your day :0)

I'm grateful for....

----the beautiful sun we've had these past few days - it really does make everything seem better
----this site - which keeps me going when I feel like I'm the only person in my world doing a vlcd
----my husband - who has "become me" this week, worked out what we have in the cupboards/fridge/freezer, what meals he can make, what he needs to buy and gone to do the months shopping this evening - all because I'm not eating the same right now
----six years of wedded not-so-much bliss... but real life!
----to have holiday days left to take so that I can spend tomorrow afternoon watching my son at his school event - I never get to do this normally

LollyPop said:
I'm grateful for....

----the beautiful sun we've had these past few days - it really does make everything seem better
----this site - which keeps me going when I feel like I'm the only person in my world doing a vlcd
----my husband - who has "become me" this week, worked out what we have in the cupboards/fridge/freezer, what meals he can make, what he needs to buy and gone to do the months shopping this evening - all because I'm not eating the same right now
----six years of wedded not-so-much bliss... but real life!
----to have holiday days left to take so that I can spend tomorrow afternoon watching my son at his school event - I never get to do this normally

All great things to be grateful for :0)

I'm grateful to my hubby and two beautiful girls for their love and support while going through chemo and radiotherapy.
2nd to my bestest friend in the world its only at times like these that u find out just why u need them in your life.

minimemo said:
I'm grateful to my hubby and two beautiful girls for their love and support while going through chemo and radiotherapy.
2nd to my bestest friend in the world its only at times like these that u find out just why u need them in your life.

Aw that's great you have them for support.Wishing you all the best with your recovery :0)

Back