things to do with jelly

Mindy

Dreaming of being slim!
i love jelly all flavours and wondered what recipes and low syn things we can come up with for desserts with jelly.

I normally use the sugar free jelly and make it up with half boiling water and then my milk allowance. I think it is alot nicer. I don't think is so nice with the raspberry flavour but like it with everything else. I sometimes have it with frozen vanilla mullerlight.

oh never frozen a mullerlight are they nice frozen? i did try - and i know this is mad and i should have known better - but i tried warming one up in microwave banana custard one over somebananas lol it just went so sour it was gross

Yeah i stick some in the freezer, they are really nice frozen. Better when they have melted slightly and not brick solid.

Mix the made up jelly using half amount of water with low fat fromage frais and leave to set, lovely. xxx

I like to make up a SF lime jelly with enough water so it dissolves and then top the rest up with diet cola. It makes a change from having fruity jellies all the time and tastes like the citrus coke flavour!

I freeze my muller light... and find when I want something sweet in the evening I get one out and start digging... Takes me ages to eat it...kills time.. makes me think I have been eating for ages .... and kills the sweet craving!

Make your own jelly...

1 pkt Gelatine
any fruit
fromage frais or fromage blanc (Quark) or anything that is 0%
Water
colouring
Canderel

Mix gelatin with boiled water say 1/4 pint to dissolve.
Add FF or FB to make up to 1 pint.
Chop fruit... don't liquidise.....I sometimes now put some in and leave some to dress the top.
Add some flavouring and colouring... Lemon juice is wonderful
Some canderel
Mix it all well and pour into glasses and leave in fridge to set.

For a topping....

Add some canderel to FF or FB and mix add to the top of your jelly and sprinkle with some more fruit!

Looks and tastes wonderful... free on all days...Just don't use avacado or any fruit that has syns lol.

I like to make up a SF lime jelly with enough water so it dissolves and then top the rest up with diet cola. It makes a change from having fruity jellies all the time and tastes like the citrus coke flavour!

i just tried this and think its gone wrong lol the coke just frothed all up so now i got a bit of jelly stuff in bottom and loads of froth on top. is this how ts meant to go

1.5 syns per sachet for the hartley sugar free ones

i just tried this and think its gone wrong lol the coke just frothed all up so now i got a bit of jelly stuff in bottom and loads of froth on top. is this how ts meant to go

I've found it can go frothy sometimes depending on the brand of cola...the froth should settle down though. If you still have trouble it helps to pour your cola into a separate jug first then slowly add it to the jelly mix rather than pour it straight from the bottle. It's better if the cola has already been open for a day or two aswell although I can and do make it with a newly opened bottle...hope this helps!

lol i go through loads of jelly like it just plain with fruit in but gonna try a lot of recipes ive found on here too

I think im going to make it up in water cooler cups and take it to work as pud for after lunch! will stick some cling film on the top and stand it up in my lunchbag

I was going to buy some Hartleys 10Kcal ones at weekend but they were 70p EACH!! im not really a sweet food person but i reckon i could manage some jelly.. might even make traffic light jelly like i used to have when i was a kid ! lol

mmmmmm i put the jelly i made earlier (froth and all) into fridge and it settled and set omg its amazing. gonna try other sugar freefizzy drinks in it now yummy

Back