Think I am going to go to stabilization 10 days early, losing hair

I started my Dukan journey in July with only a stone to lose which I have now lost.

I was 9st 5lbs, now 8st 4lbs which isn't a lot to some here but I am only 5' tall and 'small boned/framed'.

I do lose hair and have been to the doc and had blood tests etc (before I started my diet) and he found nothing wrong, put it down to my age (50 next month! Aaargh! God, that went quickly).

Anyway, over the past couple of weeks I have been losing lots more hair and it is getting quite thin in places.

I don't think I have been eating enough veg, carbs on the appropriate days to be honest, been going overboard on the protein as that has made me lose more weight.

My last day of conso is a week on tuesday ie the 23rd but I think I will go into stab tomorrow.

I need look into eating more carbs as I have read that you need them to help hair regrowth.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this and do you think a week and a half early would make a great deal of difference to the plan?

I can do all of the stab requirements without any hassle, walking, no probs, take the dog out, water is easy, I love the oatbran so 3 tbs a day will be a bonus!

PP thursdays will be something to look forward to, I always look forward to seeing what the scales say on a friday morning.

I'm no expert but I'd start tomorrow if it were me! I'd rather gain a few pounds than lose my hair... Let us know how you get on x

I'm no expert but I'd start tomorrow if it were me! I'd rather gain a few pounds than lose my hair... Let us know how you get on x

Well, I have been reading a few threads about it and lots of people have experienced it on diets and say it grows back when they have finished whichever diet they were on.

I have never been a massive fruit and veg fan, it has probably caught up with me!

Best I get used to eating more green stuff, now where is that bag of baby sprouts I bought months ago.

:D

I hope the answer to that question is the deep freezer!!! ;)

I hope the answer to that question is the deep freezer!!! ;)

:doh:

That's where I should have put them.

I thought I had found a bag of marbles in the bottom of the veg basket!

Told you I don't eat much veg.

Only joking about the marbles, I lost those some time ago.

:silly:

Back