Think I need a little reassurance

NikkiNakk

Hi everyone :)

I started on TS last friday (so today is day 7) and I really don't know if I have hit ketosis yet. I haven't had any of the signs like bad breath etc. I have steered clear of any food the only slight hiccup was a couple of days ago where I felt so hungry I had 1 bar and 3 shakes in one day (I am hoping someone will say that wouldnt affect it lol) It has taken alot of motivation not to just fall off the wagon and eat the same food as my family again. The thing keeping me going is I dont want to be fat anymore and I don't want to "fail" Sorry for the moan, I just feel slightly deflated today

Nikki x

Aww chin up you've done great!! And you're probably in ketosis, I didn't have the bad breath or surges of energy either, but I'm defo in ketosis.

Are you weighing in tomorro? if so that'll give you a boost :)

You've done great the 1st week is the hardest, just keep remembering why you're doing it in the first place! And it's not forever Good luck

Thank you :)

Yes I do weigh in tomorrow. Hubby has hidden my scales until the morning as the first few days I was peeking all the time. I am hoping for a good loss to really motivate me.

Having 4 packs definitely wouldn't have any affect on you getting in to ketosis.

Some people dont get any of the signs that the K fairy has visited but it doesn't mean she hasn't!

Having 4 packs definitely wouldn't have any affect on you getting in to ketosis.

Some people dont get any of the signs that the K fairy has visited but it doesn't mean she hasn't!

I might be lucky then! I was just waiting for all these signs.

Also thanks Starlight, lol I was thinking surely after 7 days I gotta be in ketosis!!! I did a similar VLCD a couple of years ago and I was in ketosis in about 2-3 days and I had every side effect of it. My breath was horrible and the metallic taste was overpowering. I guess I just needed other people to tell what might seem as the obvious :) xx

You're doing well and the results will speak for themselves tmrw!

I have been doing Exante TS since last August.

Physiologically, I must be in ketosis.

However, I have had no 'symptoms' whatsoever.

Please don't get too obsessed with this.

Ketosis does not produce weight loss - the calorie deficit does.

Keep going! :)

I'd love not to have been given death breath by the k-fairy! ..Thank goodness its gone now!

Keep going - you're doing brilliantly, your losses will soon tell you that. I wish I was as lucky as you not to get ketosis' dreaded symptoms. Keep us posted on your loss! :)

i haven't had any symptoms either no energy surge no breath issues just really bad gurgling stomach, headaches etc. I'm now day 8 - am persevering!

You're doing great! An extra pack every so often isnt going to hurt, I had an extra one a few days ago cos I was still hungry, and I'm still in ketosis, etc. You should be in ketosis soon, if not already, just keep at it and you will get there, the calorie deficit of this diet means there is no way we cant lose if we stick 100%, especially in the first week :) When you weigh I'm sure you'll see good results :) Good luck, keep going! You've done the first week now, and thats the worst bit, getting over feeling hungry, etc, so well done :D

Thanks everyone :)

I jumped on the scales this morning and I lost 9lbs. I know I can do this I just needed to see my first weigh in number I think xxx

Well done! 9lbs is fab :)

Back