Think I'm going to give up!

Foo Fan

Gold Member
Hi All,

As some of u know I done LT for 40days before xmas and lost 22lbs. I put on 9lbs over xmas and have now lost the 9lbs after 3 weeks back on LT.

But I'm finding it so hard.. I honestly dont stop thinking about food and I'm always hungry - I'm in ketosis cos i've checked my wee lol.. But I'm still hungry all the time.. :cry:

I was thinking about still going to the pharmacy every week - but having 2 shakes a day and a meal with no carbs..

What do you think? Will i still lose weight? Or is it all or nothing?

I've still got 2 stone to lose and I'm scared that no other diet will work - but I really want to lose the weight.

I'm going to the gym 4 times a week plus swimming and I'm feeling really motivated in the exercise department - I just cant cope with no food at all.

I'm fed up of moaning about it - sorry guys I feel like all my post on here are so negative and thats not like me at all..

Can anyone help me?? :gen147:

Sorry hun, no idea what to suggest. Maybe talk to your chemist about it. I think it is possible to still lose on 2 shakes and a meal of just protein and veg as you should stay in ketosis but I'm no expert.

I hope someone is able to help you.

Hang in there.

x

Thanks Cuddlyfairy,

I've just been reading post by other people and I think its given me a kick up the ass..

I had a bad month in Jan and was cheating all the time - I was determind not to cheat in Feb (and I haven't so far).
I'm sat at my desk in work at the moment nearly in tears cos I feel so dissapointed with myself. I know I can do this diet cos I've done it before..

You have done so well - your such an inspiration to me.. Also this site really does help!

Thanks again

hey foo fan!!

Im sorry to hear your having a hard time.
I hope you can try and stick it out but if not im sure you could still lose weight doing that, as long as you dont over eat and as cuddly says stick to no carbs!!

Good luck what ever you decide to do xxx

oh hun you must be proud of yourself for what you have already achieved!! try an focus on that for now, you have come so far, its such a crappy diet to stick to this time of year, but just keep thinking of the summer and how fntastic you will look!

i personally dont think having a meal works, i tried it once before and it just messed your body up... if your wanting to do that there is a diet called "Celebrity Slim" which follows that concept of 2 shakes and a high protein meal in the evenings, it also allows you to have 2 snack a day (yoghurt or fruit etc)

but works much slower because of the amount of extra calories you are taking in from the chicken etc...

Think about it long and hard before you give up totoaly, because deep down i think you want to stay on it and thats why you are on here!!!

Keep your chin up

xxxx

You're going through something that most of us have (or will) go through while on the program.

Because you're in ketosis, the body isn't actually hungry. The hunger pangs you feel are your body's reaction to the recent food that you had. It's cravings from habit, and the reassurance that food gave, and the lack of stress that this diet puts on you.

(We don't often realise how stressful this diet is on our bodies because while we're deep in the zone, it seems perfectly easy.)

Regrettably, if you hadn't fallen off the wagon over xmas, you probably wouldn't have this issue now. (Not a criticism, just a friendly reminder to other readers about the perils of coming off the program for holidays.)

The major problem though is that you were so successful up until this point. Paradoxically, this is now working against you, as you feel the urge to say "Well, haven't I done enough on Lipotrim? Look at how much weight I've lost!" That's a hell of a temptation. I can't answer your question, but I do think you need to honestly ask yourself the following :

1) Had you tried many diets and/or exercise programs in the past, and failed to lose the weight or keep it off?
2) Is this urge to have one high protein meal a day, the thin end of the wedge? In other words, will making that decision reinforce the idea that you're not on Lipotrim any more, and thus quickly go back to 3 meals a day?
3) Aren't you concerned that by putting on 9lbs over xmas, (presumably you didn't do a refeeding period) that you haven't yet changed your relationship with food?
4) Are you aware that the probabilities say you are more likely to put the weight back on, by not completing the Lipotrim program successfully?

A bad patch, such as the one you are going through now, typically does not last longer than a week. But it is prolonged and made worse by snacking/cheating.

Promise yourself that you'll give LT one solid *cheat-free* week to see if you can beat this mental slump, and also promise yourself that if you can do that, and if you still feel like quitting, you will.

(That second promise is the psychological bribe that will help you resist temptation. Promise yourself that in just a week, you'll come off the program if you still feel this badly about it.)

Have you been shopping recently? Go shopping, pick up something in a size you used to wear, try it on and you will see how well you have done so far. You could also buy yourself something thats a bit too small at the moment, and work towards being able to fit into it. You will be fine, if you only decide that you are going to do this. Have something ready so that every time you want to eat you do the other thing instead, knitting is good cos you have to concentrate and forget about being hungry. If you don't have any friends who have babies on the way you could knit bootees or something for a charity and donate them. The feeling you will get from donating something and helping out will far outweigh the feeling you will get from giving in to temptation and you won't feel guilty after!!!

Dont give up you have done so well just stick with it the exercise is good and you will be at target in no time at all

why not set your sen mini goals to aim for i'v got my wedding anniversary at the end of march and I am determined to be wher I need to be so I can enjoy a nice meal and wear my size 12 clothes after that I'v got the race for life in june

If you can stick to SSing hun, its really worth trying to get through this patch.

If it gets to the point where you are going to give up, why not try Cambridge Diet. They have Sole Sourse +. This allows you to have a small amount of skimmed milk...its amazing what a cuppa can do and a bit of chicken and salad along with your three shakes. It is still a VLCD and you remain in ketosis.

I love both diets....the strictness of LT, but when I'd had enough of it, CD was a fantastic diet to switch over to. I had a new burst of energy to get to goal. Do what is right for you. xx

Hi Sarah

I think you have been given excellent advice here and I think the idea of giving yourself one more week and then make your decision is a really good one. I know you want to lose this weight (I know Sarah, I work with her) very much and I think you may regret it if you do go back onto meals which could eventually lead you into snacking on the wrong things again.
Try just one more week hun and see how you feel. If you need to talk, just email me and I will call you.

I'm another that switched to cambridge diet, couldn't cope with not eating anything. I've lost 10lb in my first two weeks on CD and that was with 1 night off. The variety of shakes is much better as is the support from your cdc. x

Thanks Cuddlyfairy,

I've just been reading post by other people and I think its given me a kick up the ass..

I had a bad month in Jan and was cheating all the time - I was determind not to cheat in Feb (and I haven't so far).
I'm sat at my desk in work at the moment nearly in tears cos I feel so dissapointed with myself. I know I can do this diet cos I've done it before..

You have done so well - your such an inspiration to me.. Also this site really does help!

Thanks again

Hi foo fan, I to like you gained about 9lb at xmas and i cheated most of january. I really want to do this diet so i came back to minis for help and support from other ppl. I have just recently put up some pics from befor i started LT upto December 08. Just looking through them now has just put a smile on my face and this time im GOING TO SUCSEED! Have you not got any pics you can look at. I no what you mean when you say all you think about is food cos im the same and as for being hungry in ketosis i just drink extra water. Good luck in what you decide to do x

Hi All,

As some of u know I done LT for 40days before xmas and lost 22lbs. I put on 9lbs over xmas and have now lost the 9lbs after 3 weeks back on LT.

But I'm finding it so hard.. I honestly dont stop thinking about food and I'm always hungry - I'm in ketosis cos i've checked my wee lol.. But I'm still hungry all the time.. :cry:

I was thinking about still going to the pharmacy every week - but having 2 shakes a day and a meal with no carbs..

What do you think? Will i still lose weight? Or is it all or nothing?

I've still got 2 stone to lose and I'm scared that no other diet will work - but I really want to lose the weight.

I'm going to the gym 4 times a week plus swimming and I'm feeling really motivated in the exercise department - I just cant cope with no food at all.

I'm fed up of moaning about it - sorry guys I feel like all my post on here are so negative and thats not like me at all..

Can anyone help me?? :gen147:
Hi
Liked kered I beleive you have been given great advice all round ,John was very specific and accurate. If you are in ketosis you won't have an a body hunger more an emotional hunger for food, as something comforting. It is easy for me to sit her and say this because I am not in your position yet but I know I will be THAT'S GUARANTEED! Try not to beat yourself up as you will only distress yourself more and then want food to fill the comfort gap. And so the cycle continues.
Give yourself a week and the:bestwishes:n decide.

Thanks all!

Hi Guys,

Just want to say a big thank u for all your messages.
I've had a good couple of days and I'm feeling much better (and not at all hungry lol).
I've posted my "fat" photos on my profile to keep me going and I'v set some mini goals..
My WI in on friday so hopefully that will give me a bit of a bost cos I havent weighed for 2 weeks..
Thanks again for all your support x

Hey hun, youve done really great so far, only you knows whats bet for you. Id sy if your going to combine food with the shakes have a little look into cambridge, as they do something called SS+ which is basically 3 shakes and a small meal, and the losses I hear are very close to TFR, so you could have the extra little meal and still do just as great when it comes to speedy losses! I would trythis option, only you need alot of self control when you add food into the equasion! Good luck whatever you decide hun x

Back