Think I've messed up!

Amybelle

Steady slimmer
Hi all,

i don't go to my first group until Tuesday so I have been winging it a little bit the last couple of weeks.

I feel like I have been mega naughty today but I'm not sure if I actually have gone over syn allowance. Can someone help please? I've been eating only free foods all week to try and kick start the loss and hope I've not blown today completely especially as I am out for an Indian on Sunday for a family birthday and really wanted to be able to have whatever curry I wanted without the guilt. If today has been that day I might just suck on a lemon and grain of pilau!

For breakie I had oatso simple with skimmed milk (I think this is my HEXA and HEXB) and a banana.
Lunch was a Chinese mug shot which I believe to be free.
I ended up in Nandos for dinner and had 1/2 chicken with skin removed, corn, salad and pineapple.
and 1 chips from my daughters plate which I'm not counting...
Tonight I've had a mullerlight yoghurt with strawberries and 2 mini meringues and...erm...a...cough curly wurly cough.

Have I gone over today?

Thanks for your help xx

No but you lack your super free with just a mugshot for lunch. I did that for ages and my weightloss stalled for three whole weeks. The only syns I can see are the ones in the Curley Wurly (correct me if wrong but around 5? - someone will know)

also so I can't find oat so simple as a hex on my app? I think it has to be actual porridge as the oat so simples can often be flavoured. Are you having enough milk because if its skimmed its 350ml.

edit: oat so simples vary between 6/7 syns dependant upon flavour. Curly wurly is 6. Mini meringues are 1each. Total is max 15 assuming no dressing on salad or butter on corn ;-)

Last edited:
You need to have your 1/3 of your meal as super free for the plan to work correctly! Also try to plan to have between 5-15 syns per day.

I know it probably seems a bit OTT, but 'not counting' something as minor as 1 chip can lead to you having excess syns here and there and then wondering why you're not losing any weight. Start as you mean to go on and count every single syn without 'guesstimating' !

I don't really know how many syns would be in a chip...
usually I have my 1/3rd super free with lunch but I was out food shopping so when I got hem at 2:30 had to grab something but didn't want to be too full.
Will also stay away from oatso simple! Roll on Tuesday where I can learn a bit more!
Thanks xx

for things like 'a chip' or 'a crisp' I count 1/2 a syn. For 'a small bite of...' I count 1 syn for a very small bite (more like a nibble). Nando's pineapples are bought in syrup so you need to syn that too, but I can't remember how many.

For some people using syns weekly (which is what you are doing? from your description of going out at the weekend) works and for others doesn't will have to be a bit of 'trial and error'.

Back