Think I've put on

justgina

taking it 1 day at a time
Had a sneaky weigh in this morning (will be the official one tomorrow) and I've put on this week. I've moved up to WS. This happened last time I moved up too. Getting a bit bothered about it. I can't seem to lose on my way up the plans. Anyone got any good ideas on how I can boost my metabolism?

Here's hoping for a magic drop overnight.......

Oh Gina,

Hopefully it is just the normal fluctuation in the scales that can occur. Is it possible that it may be water or muscle gain, hormonal business? It could be your body adjusting to the extra calories perhaps.

You say it has happened before Gina when working up, has it been just a stall or have you increased weight each week previously?

I wish I could be more comforting.

Love Myr xxx

Hmmm, difficult one cos I am a long way from being in this position on this diet myself.

However, from my lifetime of trying pretty much every diet going I have the following to offer which may or may not help:

1) Have you measured yourself? Sometimes, especially when you are so near goal, the scales can stall but the inches still come off as your fat is replaced with denser muscle.

2) Are you weighing & measuring your portions accurately or just guessing? Maybe use the scales for a few days and keep a written track of how many calories per day you are actually having, just to check what it's coming to.

3) Have you calculated your BMR? (Base Metabolic Rate). Could be that if your metabolism is on the slow side anyway even the 1000 cals of TS is too much for you to visibly lose weight.

4) Have you tried varying what you are having slightly? If you were having 3 packs and 400 cals of food for example maybe drop it to 2 packs plus a little more food?

5) Any hormonal reasons why you may be perhaps retaining water? Poo OK as well?

6) As well as cals are you tracking the protein, fat & carb content of what you are eating?

7) How much excercise are you doing, and what sort?

Just a few ideas to be going on with. It also maybe worth posting or browsing in the refeed/maintenance bits of the LL, CD and LT forums to see if anyone there has any ideas.........

Thanks for the support ladies. Yambabe, Will have a proper read later and leave feedback on those points, thanks.

Thanks Yambabe. Here go the answers.

1) Have you measured yourself? Sometimes, especially when you are so near goal, the scales can stall but the inches still come off as your fat is replaced with denser muscle. Yes, measuring same

2) Are you weighing & measuring your portions accurately or just guessing? Maybe use the scales for a few days and keep a written track of how many calories per day you are actually having, just to check what it's coming to Mmm, possibly overestimating on occasion. Use scales most times but not every. I will be more dilgent..

3) Have you calculated your BMR? (Base Metabolic Rate). Could be that if your metabolism is on the slow side anyway even the 1000 cals of TS is too much for you to visibly lose weight. Using internet sites I reckon my BMR is 1350.

4) Have you tried varying what you are having slightly? If you were having 3 packs and 400 cals of food for example maybe drop it to 2 packs plus a little more food? Worth considering. At the moment its 3 packs plus food.

5) Any hormonal reasons why you may be perhaps retaining water? Poo OK as well? Not TOTM. Bowels fine (TMI?)

6) As well as cals are you tracking the protein, fat & carb content of what you are eating? Usinf Food Focus website.

7) How much excercise are you doing, and what sort? Walking around 45 minutes a day plus 5 minutes dumbells.

Just a few ideas to be going on with. It also maybe worth posting or browsing in the refeed/maintenance bits of the LL, CD and LT forums to see if anyone there has any ideas........

Thanks for the suggestions. Going to keep on as I am, but carefully weighing my food, and see how I go on this week. Might try upping exercise and see how that goes.
I've also realised that I'm not getting as much water as I was so I must rectify that too.
I know I'm a slow loser but would like to see that ticker go down by at least 1lb a week, preferably more, but that would be a bonus. I'm in size 10 jeans but would really like to get rid of the overhang before summer so I can wear t shirts without cover up cardis.

Decided not to weigh myself at all this week, don't want to weaken my resolve if things aren't moving as I wish.

Back