Think Slinky!! CurvyKaren's Diary

vickidyers said:
lol!!! Ive got to admit I will weigh myself part way through the week just to check up on myself.......but shhhhh.....don't tell anyone! Congrats on this weeks weight loss, you are doing great :clap: your flying now! :character00255:

I won't tell anyone :)

Thanks Vicki - I just wish I was getting bigger losses per week... That would be amazing but it is truly spurring me on to see all the charts with my losses on...

All the encouragement I get on here... Hubby and friends :) Everyone just wants me to do well and you know what? I'm determined to do well too!

Hope you're having a good week so far

X

Just read through your diary as you suggested. You've inspired me. Made me want to update mine everyday even if no-one else reads it. Think it's something i'll be able to look back on over the coming weeks. This isn't going to be a quick fix but i know i'm gonna get there. By the way who's Joe and where do i get his sausages and love the nails!

Hiya - Just had a read through your diary - its so positive! Had a great read and feeling very motivated from it :-D Your doing so well and make it sound so do-able. I would really like to start up my own diary after stalking so many other diarys for ideas and tips etc but i'm not quite sure how to set it up - i'll get round to it one day!
Congratulations on your weight loss so far - if you start to have a few wobbly moments or feel on a bit of a diet downer you should go back to the start of your diary and have a read - it'll defo motivate you to stay on track :) x

Just read through your diary as you suggested. You've inspired me. Made me want to update mine everyday even if no-one else reads it. Think it's something i'll be able to look back on over the coming weeks. This isn't going to be a quick fix but i know i'm gonna get there. By the way who's Joe and where do i get his sausages and love the nails!

Hello Samsmum !! Thanks for coming to check out my diary :)

I'm not sure what sort of area you're in but i'm in the north west (just outside of Liverpool) in this area theres a company called Joe's Sausages Low Fat Sausages that sell free sausages and 'grillsteaks' They're gorgeous. You can buy online but you have to order alot of packs.

You should definitely keep up with your diary... they say the hardest bit is figuring out where your problems lie and putting it down on here means i've sifted through them to pinpoint what my problems were.

I try to make this diary as fun as possible - to amuse me and hopefully help anyone else who comes across :)

Keep going - WE CAN DO IT !!

x

Hiya - Just had a read through your diary - its so positive! Had a great read and feeling very motivated from it :-D Your doing so well and make it sound so do-able. I would really like to start up my own diary after stalking so many other diarys for ideas and tips etc but i'm not quite sure how to set it up - i'll get round to it one day!
Congratulations on your weight loss so far - if you start to have a few wobbly moments or feel on a bit of a diet downer you should go back to the start of your diary and have a read - it'll defo motivate you to stay on track :) x

Awww - thank you :) I just want to make this diary fun. It also reflects my attitude to weight loss this time around. I believe we can all do it if we stick to the plans we're on... focus on the goals we want to achieve & make this successful and not just an 'attempt'

If I ever get a little bit down about it I will read through my previous posts - particularly the one that lists all the things that will happen / i'll be able to do once i'm slinky

Good luck with your journey - and of course you're welcome to have a sneaky peek at my diary and comment whenever :)

You should definitely start one too... just go to the 'new thread' icon at the bottom of this diary and put your title and first post... bingo !!

x

Mini Body Magic post...

So as I've mentioned I've been "dabbling" with the Wii Fit.

I used to only really do the balance games to get my 30 mins in the little piggy bank thing but I know that's not burning much so I keep picking the more aerobic exercises.

Today I have done the hula hoop one once (that really makes me stiffen up near the end! Haha). It's quite hilarious to watch someone do it too!

Then I did the short jog once. I jogged most of the way, swinging my arms and a tiny bit of a jog/walk in the middle but still made sure my arms were swinging (gotta sort out those bingo wings!)

Next I decided to "step up my game" and do the long distance jog. I figured I wouldn't necessarily be able to jog the way around but if I walked a little bit it would be better than me sat there watching tv so I did that (got a bit of a sweat on - I hate that feeling but right now I kinda love it because I know it's working)

Then because I'm truly mental I clicked the "island jog" option because my naivety thought it would just be a different background... Yeah it was at least a third longer than the "long jog" !!!! At soon as the little ticker came up at the bottom of the screen I was about to click it off when I stopped. I CAN DO THIS! Yes it might be less of a jog and more of a walk but I can!! So off I went following the man around - swinging my arms! A little jog here and there and back to my brisk walking. I felt like it was a crazy symbol of my journey. A symbolic moment. "It looked too hard for me but I didn't give up - I carried on and I did it!" I might try it again and see if I can do it any quicker next time.

Anyway - I said this post was mini and clearly lied to you all! I often think if I could lose weight by talking I'd be super skinny :)

We can do it everyone!

x

Well done you for not giving up! It shows that you have really turned a corner in regards to body magic!

Do you think you can bottle some of your positivy and enthusiasm to send it my way, as with a 5lbs gain on the horizon and a huge way to go Im slowly losing the will to diet here!! X

shenzi said:
Well done you for not giving up! It shows that you have really turned a corner in regards to body magic!

Do you think you can bottle some of your positivy and enthusiasm to send it my way, as with a 5lbs gain on the horizon and a huge way to go Im slowly losing the will to diet here!! X

Awwww ! I wish I could!

You need to not lose that enthusiasm! You've done so well so far! I wasn't too pleased with my one and a half off this week because I wanted more but I know I've had more syns than the other weeks so I'm cutting down on them again this week to see if it makes a change.

You need to remind yourself of how far you've come, why your doing it... Have you written a list of all of those amazing things that you're looking forward to when your slinky? Re-read my list from the other day for inspiration! Why don't you have a look at the before and after photos too on here? One of then WILL be you because you KNOW you can do it

We can do it. I believe that x

Evening Karen,

I'm so pleased to read you lost hunni! That's brilliant!

Well done, and here's to another good week! Xx

skinnydawn said:
Evening Karen,

I'm so pleased to read you lost hunni! That's brilliant!

Well done, and here's to another good week! Xx

Awww thanks!

I was so relieved! I'm going for it this week. I want a bigger loss. I'm sure I can do it. I'm going to aim big and hopefully get more than 1.5lb off (although I realise it's still a decent loss!)

x

I think you're totally in the right frame of mind to succeed Karen.

And that's really what its all about...retraining our brains to understand what our bodies actually need, rather than what we think we want.

And I think you've got that part well and truly sussed! Xx

skinnydawn said:
I think you're totally in the right frame of mind to succeed Karen.

And that's really what its all about...retraining our brains to understand what our bodies actually need, rather than what we think we want.

And I think you've got that part well and truly sussed! Xx

Awww thanks :)

You know what - I really don't know where these thoughts have come from. I have cried so many times about my weight. I even have just considered buying heavier duty furniture than losing weight - that was my logic! No joke!

I'm a very strong minded person. I like to get my own way (who doesn't eh?) and I will get my own way with this.

Time crying is wasted time. I just wish I didn't waste 7 years doing it.

Things are changing big time and for life. I will be that person on the outside that I feel I am and not just wish I am.

Thanks for your encouragement. I also have thrived off the people on this forum and the kindness of my friends

X

lass321 said:
Lol my dog goes mad when I use the wii - very offputting. She's only a little dog, but I don't think she knows that!

Haha. Henry generally just sits there chillin' whilst im working up a sweat but if there's somewhere in the sun to lie in... He's there! x

Morning everyone!

Had a dream last night that I didn't enjoy. I dreamt me and a friend went somewhere and she suggested to pop into this cake shop (she doesn't know I'm loosing weight so I went along with it.). She bought a weird cake ring thing that looked amazing so I thought I'd buy one too and make an excuse not to eat it before I got home. This didn't go to plan because person serving me gave me a free gift of what can only be described as a massive tin sized crispy chocolate thing.

I ate a little bit so that my friend didn't think I was weird (or I think that was my excuse) and then I scoffed the lot. No joke. I woke up upset with myself but was so relieved it was just a dream :)

If you've read all of this - you've just wasted a minute of you're life - haha :D

x

ha ha ha i've done that before - i think it means we're thinking too much about our diet! I've woken up feeling really guilty and horrible coz i've been eating all sorts of "bad" food in my dreams - in some ways its actually a good thing - coz if you were tempted at all to have something then you know the awful feeling of guilt thats attached so your less likely to do it lol x

iwannabeskinnyminny said:
ha ha ha i've done that before - i think it means we're thinking too much about our diet! I've woken up feeling really guilty and horrible coz i've been eating all sorts of "bad" food in my dreams - in some ways its actually a good thing - coz if you were tempted at all to have something then you know the awful feeling of guilt thats attached so your less likely to do it lol x

Definitely! Couldn't agree more. I know how I felt when I woke up so I won't be doing anything like that anytime soon!

I generally do have crazy dreams but I never thought they'd be about food! x

Food diary today so far...

I had spaghetti on toast for breakfast. I normally have margarine on it but I want to keep my syns this week super low so I skipped that and honestly - it wasnt that much difference! (healthy extra b and free - yay!)

I'm just about to have a big bowl of Heinz Ravoli. It wasn't really my choice today but that loveable fool I married opened the tin instead of spagetti this morning (!) so I'll have that alone with a total syn value of 2.5 syns. I have already had a Toffee Apple WW dessert recipe yogurt (first time I've had them - free and delicious)

Planning on making my version of cottage pie (my recipe is a couple of pages back for that) hubby has requested it and as he's in work and I'm not I can cook it and eat mine and leave his for when he gets home. Going out to the pub tonight for a quiz with the girls so it will all be done for him

Speak later you lot! Think slinky!

:) x

Attachments

• image-355982772.jpg
    image-355982772.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 644
Ok ... Food diary update...

I'm off to the pub soon so I can report that I have had my cottage pie for tea.

Between dinner and tea I had a couple of random slices of ham, some prawns and an activia snack pot in mango. All free. Oh and a banana! Nom nom nom.

Think slinky!

x

Morning all! :D

So today so far I've had my "big breakfast" scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms and beans. I need to switch it up a bit but hubby was already cooking when I woke up!

Last night - after we failed miserably at the pub quiz - I got home and went on the Wii Fit for a jog. Only a short one since it was 11.30! Haha. I do find it's definitely giving me a work out !

I know people say the Wii Fit isn't exercise but it definitely is. Ive gone from being the laziest person (if hubby parked too far away from the shops I wouldn't get out - thats embarrassing to say but you know this diary is all truth) to now getting up any time of the day and doing a mini workout!

Anyway - I'm off to work soon... I don't have any clients in today (as I say I'm still building my business and I know it takes time) so I'm taking off my glitter Shellac that I showed you the other day and putting on something different :)

I'll probably be on here in a bit to update you with more ramble to read but hey - you reading this is less time thinking about munchy munch!

x

Back