Think Slinky!! CurvyKaren's Diary

Sorry you're on a diet-downer - but you seem to have lots of good strategies to deal with it, so keep on the way you're going. You will do this because you can and you deserve it.

Great list. You can achieve every one of those goals :D

You will definitely have those 'diet downer' days/weeks, where it just all feels like a bit of an effort. When I'm feeling great, I can't imagine how I won't be happy for 'ever after' doing SW and feeling this way. And when I'm having a 'downer', I just can't see how and why I would want to keep doing this. I'm just bored and fed up. However even on those days, I look back (and my diary is a help for this) and see how far I've come. That keeps me on it and hopefully it will for you too.

Well done Karen, you are doing just great :)

Gail x

Thanks Gail !!

I'm off work today so i'm spending my time trawling through posts on here to stay focused. Every now and again I let my mind wander to what life is going to be like for me... :rolleyes:

Its still a strange feeling for me this whole weight loss process. I cried all the time that I was big and I hated it... but I carried on eating. It took me so long to get here now and i've stopped that but its just wanting it so bad... willing those scales to say i've had a good loss with lots of lbs gone !

x

Sorry you're on a diet-downer - but you seem to have lots of good strategies to deal with it, so keep on the way you're going. You will do this because you can and you deserve it.

thank you :)

I have to stay focused... previous times I would have just got up - gone to the fridge and eaten whatever I could find. I'm not doing that. Whats the point? It does the exact opposite to the effect I want !!

Its not that bad actually - just the mild jitters as it gets closer to my Tuesday WI.

I want to see a good loss of lbs !! ;)

x

I'm weighing in on Tuesday too - though I do have a peek every day so I know it's not likely to be too good, still there's still a couple of days to go so maybe something will happen to surprise me!

I have been engrossed in catching up with you diary, and loving it!
Your list of things was amazing, and with your determination you will acheive them all!
I'm always up and down about SW, one day I love it, and I am so focused, the next, I wonder does it work, and I should now it does, but still doubt it;)

ginlin said:
I have been engrossed in catching up with you diary, and loving it!
Your list of things was amazing, and with your determination you will acheive them all!
I'm always up and down about SW, one day I love it, and I am so focused, the next, I wonder does it work, and I should now it does, but still doubt it;)

Aww thank you :) i hope this diary is as much help for me as it is for hopefully someone else reading it.

I want to make it varied so there's bits about what I'm eating, recipes, photos of whatever I think of at the time. Hopefully it will be something to look back on in a few months.

I know exactly what you're saying, sometimes you think I'm having a really good day... I MUST have done something wrong and some weeks I absolutely can't explain it but I go after from weigh in and think "I won't do well this week" - no idea why!

x

Totally agree. It will be great to look back on in time to see your journey. Make sure you take plenty of photos even if you don't post them here.

Gail x

gl12282 said:
Totally agree. It will be great to look back on in time to see your journey. Make sure you take plenty of photos even if you don't post them here.

Gail x

Shall do Gail. I need to blow the dust off my camera and get snapping!

I'm pulling out the Wii Fit in a min to get on the step aerobics. I don't want to do much as it's my secret weapon for when I need a weight loss boost once things slow down but I'm sure it will lift my spirits for my weight loss.

On another note I'm now just under the weight I was when I got married (three years next month) so although I hated being a fat bride at least I know anything now means the dress will start getting too big... Bigger and bigger :)

I've included one of our sunset photos to show you as we got married in Cyprus :)

X

Attachments

• image-226685863.jpg
    image-226685863.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 54
Awwww. That's lovely.

Definitely keep at least one piece of clothing for you to keep trying on to see how far you've come too. It's so exciting being at that stage. I'm loving seeing your posts - it very much reminds me of me :)

Gail x

gl12282 said:
Awwww. That's lovely.

Definitely keep at least one piece of clothing for you to keep trying on to see how far you've come too. It's so exciting being at that stage. I'm loving seeing your posts - it very much reminds me of me :)

Gail x

Awwww - well i really hope I do as well as you! I get bursts of excitement... This is my turn!

It's just that issue of time... It takes so long... I KNOW it's worth it. There's no doubt about that. If only there was a fast forward button. Just to fast forward another stone. Then my mouth would be tired of grinning :)

For now though I'll focus on my goals in my phone... 2lb a week on average brings me to 17.11 on 27th September - my club 10 is 17 stone 10 so that's only a little lonely lb off it.

I already enjoy flicking to my phone and seeing what u could potentially be by Xmas :)

x

I agree about the time - it does seem to take a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long time. It's weird that we do not think about how long it took to go on, and for most of us that too took a long time, but then I guess there was no effort on our part so we weren't measuring. To be honest I try to push thoughts of time out of my mind. I have a target weight but try to avoid a target date, it's too easy to set yoursekf up for a fail I think. If I set a target time it is for how long I can go without slipups, or how long I have until a special function, or until a diet break to 'up' my metabolism.

I'm with you both on the time thing. Hence not having set a goal for time. When I first started this, I thought it would take me 2 years, maybe 3. Then after the weight came off quite quickly in the beginning, I thought maybe a year. Now, it really doesn't matter. It really wasn't very long before I was looking back and thinking 'Gosh, have I really done that already' and then that just motivates you to stay on the plan. You really will feel fantastic long before you get anywhere near your target and after that it shouldn't matter how long it takes because you already feel great :).

You are lucky that you have all that to come (and I sincerely mean that - I don't mean that to sound smug - so sorry if it did)

Gail x

lass321 said:
I agree about the time - it does seem to take a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long time. It's weird that we do not think about how long it took to go on, and for most of us that too took a long time, but then I guess there was no effort on our part so we weren't measuring. To be honest I try to push thoughts of time out of my mind. I have a target weight but try to avoid a target date, it's too easy to set yoursekf up for a fail I think. If I set a target time it is for how long I can go without slipups, or how long I have until a special function, or until a diet break to 'up' my metabolism.

I know what you mean about setting a target date. I think that's what happened for my wedding. I kept thinking "it will make no different now" (with 6 months to go... 2 months to go... One month)

It was my mini targets of up to a stone each month that kind of set it as April next year but to me that also reminds me that if I focus and work hard it doesn't have to be a five year process or something x

Morning all!

So last night I had "crazy lasagne" or at least that's what I'll be calling it since I just sort of made the recipe up. I also had my "ice cream" (frozen activia snack pot)

It's getting closer to the weigh in and I think I'm excited. I'm going to have a go at smash pizza later - hubby hasn't got a clue! :)

x

Your hubby is lucky that you're cooking for him, or does he share in the task at times? It's good that you're having fun with food, apositive attitude to food will stop you putting weight back on again. It was probably a negative attitude to food that helped us put it on in the first place.

lass321 said:
Your hubby is lucky that you're cooking for him, or does he share in the task at times? It's good that you're having fun with food, apositive attitude to food will stop you putting weight back on again. It was probably a negative attitude to food that helped us put it on in the first place.

He will cook but since I'm working hard at my business I'm not really that busy yet so he's working a lot of overtime to cover my shortfalls and is there out at work until late at the moment.

I try and pinpoint what happened with me and food and as I said at the start of the diary, as a child I thought I was fat although the photos of me show I wasnt. I grew up with that perception of myself

x

Food today so far...

I'm gonna be honest - I couldn't be bothered making breakfast so I had a yogurt. The kitchen is a mess and I just can't function like that but time was getting on.

I've just had tuna pasta. I put 4x level teaspoons of light salad cream in it because I figured I never use all my syns up in the day and it really needed it. I added a bit of salt, pepper and raw onions (which I never have raw onions but they added an amazing crunch)

So that's where im at so far... It's a lovely day. I've had a shower this morning and washed my hair so I feel refreshed and I'm going to get on the wii fit in a bit and burn some of that salad cream off!

Hope you're all doing well :)

x

Attachments

• image-3896260884.jpg
    image-3896260884.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 41
Quick update...

So I've had the Wii Fit out and done 25 minutes on it so far. I normally choose the balance exercises but that's cheating because it doesnt really burn much so this time I've been hula hooping, step aerobics (easy and advanced version) and jogging!

As you can see by the attached photo, Henry my cat is also getting involved for some body magic!

To spur me on I've just read the Body Magic book that comes with the pack. I might suggest a short walk when hubby gets home from work. I always struggle with lower back pain when walking a distance but I want that to stop with short walks

:)

X

Attachments

• image-1510859000.jpg
    image-1510859000.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 45
Lol to the cat!!! My dog does that very annoying she doesnt like us doing exercise in the house its as if shes saying 'Helloooo big dog here needs exercise get your coat on we can exercise together!!'

Hope you have a nice walk today, and well done on the body magc so far!!xx

Back