Think Slinky!! CurvyKaren's Diary

Absolutely loved catching up with your diary this morning, and well done on your 1.5lb loss:)

Love the "Think Slinky" slogan!

ginlin said:
Absolutely loved catching up with your diary this morning, and well done on your 1.5lb loss:)

Love the "Think Slinky" slogan!

Thank you! I'm going for a bigger loss this week :)

Hopefully my diary offers a slight amusement :D

x

Off topic ever so slightly !

So I wanted to take photos of "before" although really I'm a little annoyingly late for it now because I've already changed quite a bit...

I've been nagging hubby to find my camera because he's a chief shover and I know it's likely he's shoved it somewhere whilst "tidying" up. He looks places but doesn't really "look" which is such an endearing quality(!) haha.

Anyway - I've been really rattled because taking these photos were a big deal to me... I dreaded seeing the photos although I know I won't be like that for long.

I came into work this morning and I knew I had left a little clutch style bag in my room... And there is my camera chilling instead it. Whoops. I'd been taking photos of people's nails for my Facebook group. Double whoops.

So now here's my dilemma... Do I tell hubby that my camera was actually in work all along and unless he came to my business he would have never of found it or do I plant it somewhere - anywhere in the house really because he doesn't look properly and blame him whilst fighting a grin (and to save face! :) )

I think I'll go for the latter. Just kidding. Okay maybe I'm not! :D

x

I would take it home and hide it, just for the laughs, i get so wound up with hubby if i can't find something as he is also chief shover in our house, that i just cannot admit i had something all along very naughty i know lol! X

my other half is also chief shover! I can just imagine this type of dilemma as it's just the sort of thing we do! He does wind me up with his 'cleaning' skills... i.e just shoving everything in a cupboard/wardrobe so you cant possibly find anything as its all heaped up.
I cant really advise on your dilemma because I would be in the same train of thought. I think my plan of attack would be to never mention the camera again!!! (even worse solution!!)

You know what you have to do. As if we'd ever take the blame!! Just shove it away somewhere he's likely to find it. You know it makes sense. Hope your busy with the nails today. Could do with a manicure myself. Had gel ones last summer and it's took over a year for them to get back to normal

I would take it home and hide it, just for the laughs, i get so wound up with hubby if i can't find something as he is also chief shover in our house, that i just cannot admit i had something all along very naughty i know lol! X

I think I might but he knows me too well... i'll either go mad at him (like I would do if it was really his fault) - and then laugh or I wont be that mad to which he stops and says to me 'somethings wrong - you're not going mad at me!' :eek:

x

my other half is also chief shover! I can just imagine this type of dilemma as it's just the sort of thing we do! He does wind me up with his 'cleaning' skills... i.e just shoving everything in a cupboard/wardrobe so you cant possibly find anything as its all heaped up.
I cant really advise on your dilemma because I would be in the same train of thought. I think my plan of attack would be to never mention the camera again!!! (even worse solution!!)

Well whilst I was at the pub last night he hunted around the house (and made a mess - OBVIOUSLY!) so I don't think that he will really give up on this one. I'll post later and let you know what I decided to do !

x

You know what you have to do. As if we'd ever take the blame!! Just shove it away somewhere he's likely to find it. You know it makes sense. Hope your busy with the nails today. Could do with a manicure myself. Had gel ones last summer and it's took over a year for them to get back to normal

I think I may go with this option, i'll post later and let you know otherwise I know you'll barely sleep tonight wondering...!! :jelous:

I hate gels with a passion. I was mainly trained on acrylics which are more skilled but I have gel and put gel on my own nails. I advise my clients not to get it. I have removed it the best way I can but thats only because I have the tools and knowledge.. others like yourself would have to just put up until the nails have grown out. Acrylic or Shellac all the way !

x

Food entry...

So after my "big breakfast" this morning..

I've had an Alpen light in chocolate & fudge (silly me was surprised that there wasn't any fudge cubes on the bar like there is on the wrapper - surely thats false advertising?!)

Anyway (back down off my high horse :))

I wanted my Batchelors Pasta N Sauce in cheese and brocoli... None left in the cupboard! Gutted. So I settled for the macaroni version which I hadn't tried before... My verdict? It was decent but had two flaws:

A) it's 2 syns and not 1 like the cheese and brocoli
B) it tasted like the cheese & broccoli one.

Now I hear you asking "why do you not like it tasting like the cheese and brocoli one Karen? I thought that's what you wanted?" Re-read point A !! :( I want to save my syns and dont want to waste ANY on something virtually identical!

Anyway - I'm climbing down off my soapbox...

I also had this bad boy.. WW Desert Recipes in Lemon Tart (free)

Think slinky people!

x

Attachments

• image-1419372993.jpg
    image-1419372993.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 25
  • image-2129287373.jpg
    image-2129287373.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
ginlin said:
I think you should change your diary title to "Think Slinky";)

I should shouldn't I?

I don't think I can change it now though :(

x

ginlin said:
Yes you can it's easy, or put it this way, if I can do it, it's easy:eek:

I'll just go and look at mine to remind me how to do it, and I will be back!

Ahhh great! Thank you!

I shall change as soon as I know how :)

x

I'm back!

When you have the list of diary threads, double click somewhere within the white box that your diary title is in.

It will then be highlighted in blue, and you can change it.

Once you've altered it, click once somewhere else in the box to save it;)

I'm back!

When you have the list of diary threads, double click somewhere within the white box that your diary title is in.

It will then be highlighted in blue, and you can change it.

Once you've altered it, click once somewhere else in the box to save it;)

Thank you !! I'm pretty good with things like this but I'd have never of guessed to click there to change it !!

Its now changed !!

Welcome to 'Think Slinky!' :D

x

Unrelated post...

Since you've virtually begged me I'll show you my nails that I did today... :)

I have glitter up my arms and on my cheeks that I just can't seem to get rid of but it's worth it!

This photo was taken in the shade and they're still super sparkly!

x

Attachments

• image-2959738119.jpg
    image-2959738119.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 46
Food diary...

Evening all!

So for tea I had fresh cod (or was it haddock? Can't remember now!) slimming world chips, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots with one level tablespoon of brown sauce (1 syn)

Didnt go on my Wii Fit today as the day just didn't work out that my way but I did power walk around the supermarket this evening.

I did also have one Alpen light bar too (healthy extra b)

All in all - 3 syns today which I'm pleased with

x

Attachments

• image-121309655.jpg
    image-121309655.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 37
Food diary...

Morning all!

This morning I've had some strawberries, a banana with a vanilla Muller. I've just munched on a Weetabix bar (healthy extra b)

I do love the autumn/winter when it's chilly and your cosy in your house but I don't think I'll be look forward to eating breakfast is near enough darkness and then coming home to tea in the dark too.. Hmmmm..

(just thought I'd throw that out there) :D

x

Last edited:
Back