Thinkin gof changing to ww from sw

amber26

I am finding it boring to be honest and thought i would try ww the only problem is i don't eat meat i eat fish so what could i eat for 3 meals and snacks saying point value of 20 points please any ideas

looking at your losses, if I was in your shoes, I'd stick to what works (ww). You can always find ways and foods to make ww less boring.

do you like things like youngs fish in butter sauce? i'm sure they're only like 4.5 points - you could put something like that with plenty of free veg and a jacket potato (1.5-3 points depending on the size) then have something like soup / salad / sandwiches for lunch..

i eat a lot of fish (having it tonight actually :D) i have 22 points a day but as an idea heres my points for today:

B - 30g shreddies (1.5) 1/4pt soya light (0.5)
L - sainsburys basics tomato soup (2.5) sainsburys vanilla mullerlight copy (1.5) apple (0.5) 200g grapes (2)
T - cod fillet (3.5) cauliflower, broccoli (0) 200g potato wedges (done with frylight in the oven (2)
S - options hot chocolate (0.5)

so thats only 14.5 points - going to add in a good few more later - leaves me plenty if i fancy a glass of wine in front of the telly, or butter on my jacket tato (if i was having one).. etc.. its just about wise choices. You can easy rack up 20 points if you dont plan your food - biscuits, chocolate bars, crisps etc all rack up dead fast.. but if you choose the right things, you can eat LOADS. I love sugar free jelly and bovril and they always fill a gap and they're free (though i eat enough to point them, so i usually count them as 0.5.. :))

hope that helps!

nowhere close.. those youngs fish in butter sauce are only 2 points each.. even better :D just swapped my cod fillet for that - cod tomorrow! :D

Well i had smoked haddock and veg earlier on potato's,sweet potato, brussel sprouts, sugar snap peas, cabbage mushrooms parsnips and carrots earlier on

no wonder you're bored if you're eating every vegetable in one meal - are you not making yourself sick with so much food? thats ridiculous!

i didnt say its ridiculous to eat plenty, but all in one meal? that means theres no veg for a second meal that shes not eaten and therefore much easier to see why shes finding her food boring on SW. I think it would make much more sense to eat a couple of veg for one meal then different ones for another, but thats just my opinion.

If its her main evening meal then there probably isnt a second meal its needed for. You should see the amount of veg Jen has at some meals lol Sorry but I just dont think its helpful telling someone their meal choice is ridiculous (especially when theyre eating free food) Better to fill up on free stuff than to go mad later and go over syns/points.

Amber while youre still on SW, why not post a food diary and have people have a look at it and maybe suggest some variations for you :) OR have a look at other peoples diaries for some ideas. I think if youre going from SW to only 20 points on WW you might really struggle.

Starlight you know me well enough to know i'm not being nasty when i post on here - its only constructive critiscism if anything, and whether theres a second meal or not, you'd get sick of eating spag bol if you ate it 2 or 3 days in a row, so it would still make sense that shes finding SW boring if eating all that veg each day cause its still the same - so like i said, she could have larger portions of cauli, broccoli and potato one day, then sweet potato, parsnips and spinach another to make it seem like shes varying her diet a bit more even though essentially shes eating the same stuff.

amber i just thought, got a lovely recipe for seafood chowder - if you want it i will go hunt it out..

you could also do paella? do you not eat meat cause you're a pescatarian or do you just not like texture / taste? have a lovely paella recipe but its got chorizo in it.. so if you dont eat any meat at all we'd have to find a diff recipe as the one i have really depends on the chorizo for flavour x

no wonder you're bored if you're eating every vegetable in one meal - are you not making yourself sick with so much food? thats ridiculous!

I can see what you're saying Rach, think you could have perhaps worded it slightly better as it does sound a bit like you're gasping at the amount of veg being eating rather than the variety.

You should see the amount of veg Jen has at some meals lol

How very rude, its perfectly normal to have broc, carrots, mushrooms and mixed veg pack with each meal! lol!

I agree with eating loads of veg to fill up your meal if you like veg, personally I eat loads of veg every night and dont get sick of it cause i love veg...as Sandra kindly pointed out! If you dont like veg that much tho I can see it getting boring tho and then Rach's suggestion is a good un! I have just started making pasta with MILLIONS of veg and a tin of low fat campbells condensed soup...very nice and changes the taste of the veg a wee bit...think I may actually be in love with veg.. although for the record just about to have a cup of tea and a crunchie...NO VEG!! lol!

Hi, I am new to the mini-min website. What is the slimming world diet? Can you send me to a web site that would tell me all about this diet and how to follow it? It sounds sooo interesting just from what I have read on this site. Please get back to me asap about it and please tell me what weight you lost on it and how long it took you. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
I have always enjoyed eating a lot of veg to be honest and to be honest one carrot one parsnip and all that is not a lot of veg especially not between 2 adults and one child i have got two children and they both love veggies too i don't eat meat cos i don't like it

I am mostly changing to ww because will find it easier to eat out when we go somewere i can't always plan meals to be honest when out

I have always enjoyed eating a lot of veg to be honest and to be honest one carrot one parsnip and all that is not a lot of veg especially not between 2 adults and one child i have got two children and they both love veggies too i don't eat meat cos i don't like it

I am mostly changing to ww because will find it easier to eat out when we go somewere i can't always plan meals to be honest when out

Eating out is fab on WW, I take my eating out guide everywhere, although can pretty much point the whole menu of Frankie and Bennys now! lol! Good luck with the change fellow veg lover! :) xx

nowhere close.. those youngs fish in butter sauce are only 2 points each.. even better :D just swapped my cod fillet for that - cod tomorrow! :D

I often have these fish in sauces, ideal for after work and you are feeling lazy, and i have 2 of these with a huge pile of veg, for only 4 points, can't be bad!
Frankie x

Back