Thinkin of startin

Hi all, i have tried so many diets weight watchers, slimming world and xenical and my weight is being really stubborn even tho im stickin it 100% its so disheartening and im also really impatient so im thinkin of startin the cambridge diet, is it really hard, does it work, is the weight loss good etc......shall i???

yes it can be hard in the first few days, yes it works, yes the weight loss is good (amazing in fact).

I thought long and hard (for almost a year to be honest) about starting on CD. I never thought I could last more than a day (I've tried Slim fast and Celebrity ....can't remember the last word) but I did and the first week was hard but it has been worth it.

It is the kind of diet that has good results if you stick to it. You need to be in the frame of mind where you know you will resist anything put in front of you, because it's almost like starting back at day 1 again.

Have a look at some of the posts and the losses in signatures. There are some really inspirational people who are doing amazingly well on CD.

i have tried every diet going and i love cd even though i lose pretty slow compared to most folk. It has been the best thing I have ever done and really made me realise I dont need to rely on food for pleasure etc and take pride in my body! x

I'd say go for it. I've tried no end of diets including xenical and the others you've mentioned but this is the only diet that has ever really worked for me...I LOVE it. Don't get me wrong it can be difficult and you will be having cravings but if you stick to it 100% it will work! Check out the results in everyones signatures, might help you make your decision. Good luck with whatever you choose to do!

Go for it Hun. I've tried every diet under the sun also and spent the best part of 5 years trying to get on CD before successfully restarting this time around.

Like koko, I love it!! It has been the best thing I've done in terms of losing weight - I feel fantastic, the best I've felt for years. And as KD says I have trust in the diet. If you stick to your shakes and drink your daily water intake you will lose weight. It might not come of as quickly as you would like but it will come off.

It can be bloomin hard work and it isn't for everybody but the results are so worth it.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I'm another one thinking of trying it. Other diets just don't seem to work for me any more.
The thing is though, I don't like milk and therefore don't think I will be able to have the shakes as they are like milkshakes (I have a mental block with anything like milk) so would I be able to just have the soups?

I'm another one thinking of trying it. Other diets just don't seem to work for me any more.
The thing is though, I don't like milk and therefore don't think I will be able to have the shakes as they are like milkshakes (I have a mental block with anything like milk) so would I be able to just have the soups?

Hi

I hate milk, always have, always will, I can assure these shakes taste nothing like milk. You can have just soups but i seem to remember someone posting on here concerned about water retention as she was on soups only.

Good luck with your decision, I havent seen any other diet which provides the losses that CD does in such a short time frame. I did it around 1 1/2yrs ago and lost over 2 stone. (only put it back on through becoming complacent)

x Debs x

Hi funky mum, they do a porridge as well I am not a fan, but I know some who love it, I dont like soups so much so just have the shakes, I dont get too fed up with it, did it 8 weeks solid last year and shifted 30lbs

Hi all, i have tried so many diets weight watchers, slimming world and xenical and my weight is being really stubborn even tho im stickin it 100% its so disheartening and im also really impatient so im thinkin of startin the cambridge diet, is it really hard, does it work, is the weight loss good etc......shall i???

Hi,

Cambridge can be a bit of an emotional roller coaster but its worth it when you see the weight coming off :)

Good luck

X debs X

Thanks girls!
I'm really quite excited at the thought of starting. How much does it cost? I can't find any info on that.

I would advise emailing or phoning a few as I found cost varies, from 35 to 50 per week

Hi honey, good luck with your decision!

I love CD as it takes all the 'oh maybe just a little bit' out of the equation, the answer is just no and thats the end of it! Which can be hard but most of the time is great as you are not fighting with yourself!
I pay about £40 a week now, that is for 21 packs, but I do have 7 bars and 7 ready made drinks (tetras), the shakes themselves are cheaper. Think its about 1.70 a shake and £2 per bar and tetra, but each CDC is slightly different.

I have been doing CD since beginning of June and I have lost 20lb, so the losses are great, but like any diet we all loose at different rates.
Good luck and let us know how you get on x x x x

You mean it varies with each councellor?

Yep, I pay £1.80 per shake (was £1.70) but prices have just gone up. I think the CDC's have a RRP to go by but at the end of the day I suppose its up to them what they charge.

Bars are more expensive, and tetra packs (ready made shakes) but I dont have those.

X Debs X

Back