Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Thinking about doing Atkins?

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by margareth, 5 August 2010 Social URL.

1. margareth

margareth Full Member

Im currently on Lipotrim, and doing very well. Ive lost more than a stone in 2wks. Im worried about maintaining my loss also this diet is expensive im paying £ 45 a week for this. Anyone changed from Lipotrim to Atkins?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi margareth, yes we have a few on here switched, I'll let them comment. Welcome.

4. Cinta

Cinta Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st5lb(-3.25%)
    Diet:
    LC/Atkins
    Welcome Margareth. Ditto what Jim said & Atkins is F.A.B :D

5. Miss Bean

Miss Bean Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.94%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I did Lipotrim last year - came of refed how i thought I should...stuck all the carbs in like they said and bam the weight piled back on again.
    I did Exante (TFR) for 1 week lost 12lbs and I hated the soup so I decided that by only combining shakes and bars I couldn't afford the £200 a month it would cost me. I chose Atkins...What I did and what others might suggest is by slowly introducing chicken and salad or fish and salad in to your evening meal and then over a few days to a week coming off of the powder and going straight in to the induction phase of Atkins.

You'll notice in Week 1 I stayed the same - I lost 2lbs that week (which is a good amount considering the 12 the week before) however I had an arranged lunch thing at the chinese buffet from a month before so had the carbs there and stayed the same that week.
    This week after doing strict induction I have lost 4lbs (I fear it would have been more if I had kept up my water intake...but I have let it dwindle a little.)

Anyway I hope that helps you with your question and I think Atkins is a very sensible option after doing TFR all I would say is be a little bit careful in your transition period of the calories you consume because of the extremely low calorie content in the LT products .

Good Luck xxx

6. margareth

margareth Full Member

When I change over its either going to be Atkins or the Dukan diet. Has anyone tried the Dukan one???xxx

7. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    yes margareth, we have a couple doing Dukan, try sticky vicky

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.