Thinking about joining a class, advice please?

hypno1

Ho everyone. I really need to lose weight, alot of it. I need to lose over 6 stones just to reach a healthy bmi. Anywho I was thinking of joining a class but not sure what it's really all about. I've tried ww and things like that in the past but tbh I didn't stick to them, I have 4 young kids and really don't have the time to go counting points and adding everything up and tallying stuff constantly. I need something easy to follow. Is Sw easy to follow?

Hiya. I need to lose 5+stone, I joined last night(not for the first time) I have joined them all at sometime or another, and, in my opinion, sw is by far the easiest to follow, with minimal counting, and loads of stuff that you don't count.. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. X

It is easy to follow hun ..sometimes i find theres a lack of food you can just grab like weight watchers but you can eat way more and tends to be healthier than ww for me as on weight watchers i live on convience food . Family meals are easy on slimming world too.

Give class ago ..also there is a voucher in bella mag for free joining

I was practically the same weight as you when I started sw last year and it was the best decision I ever made. I always thought I would struggle to stick to the plan and wondered about meals, being hungry and weighing and measuring. There isn't a huge amount of weighing, but it does depend on what you have. You'll need to measure things like milk or cheese and cereal, but so much is free or superfree food and this doesn't need to be weighed or measured that it is easy.

The best advice I can give is to join and then read your books carefully a number of times. Use your consultant if you get stuck - they all seem to say to ring or text if you want. It is simple to follow and minimins is always great for advice! Good luck x

It is easy to follow hun ..sometimes i find theres a lack of food you can just grab like weight watchers but you can eat way more and tends to be healthier than ww for me as on weight watchers i live on convience food . Family meals are easy on slimming world too.

Give class ago ..also there is a voucher in bella mag for free joining

I think personally there is so much food on S W you can just grab. Keep plenty of low syn or syn free stuff in your fridge ie cottage cheese (plain low fat syn free), fruit and veg is free, crab sticks,boiled eggs, fat cut off ham, cooked chicken breast,veg sticks,quark,mugshots,pasta n sauce (9 mins if made up with water, free). Micowaved jacket potato with salad. Just a few ideas. :)

I think SW is the best but only because of minimins. I'm not sure I would have done so well without all the fab recipes and advice people have posted. I too have done all the diets including WW. You have to be more organised with SW and it does involve cooking a lot of things from scratch rather than using convenience foods which WW does a bit more. This suits me much better as I cook anyway. With saying that the food is all very family friendly so there is no need for everyone to eat different things if you don't want them to and it is way tastier than any convenience foods. If you're feeding a family of 4 it is probably more economical anyway. You can just give them a few extras with their meal if they need them. With WW I became a bit points obsessed and when they changed to the newest form of the diet it just did not suit me whereas I have found that with SW the red days suit me best and even though they promote the extra easy form of the plan I am still able to do reds and discuss it when I go to group. I don't find the group all that helpful though I do go and I do stay. I bought a 12 week countdown (2 weeks free) and promised myself I would do it properly for these 12 weeks and so far it is going well. As far as adding up etc that too is easy and most things do not need weighing or measuring. Healthy extras and the syns you have do but that again is easy to do. I would def recommend it. I have no urge to give up after 7 weeks and usually by week 3 I'm either giving up or cheating and pretending it's not working. Just my opinion and am sure others will have other things to add.

Last edited:
Back