1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking about joining SW group

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Qua Sae, 6 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Qua Sae

Qua Sae Full Member

I've been really struggling lately & I think my mind has just switched out of weight-loss mode & into something more sinister. I really want to be able to lose weight but it just feels impossible!

I'm trying to battle depression at the moment & I keep having old eating disordered thoughts. I've been binging most nights on sweet foods & I just crave them all the time!

I'm not really sure what I'm expecting from a group.. I guess I want some extra support. SW online is nice but it just doesn't really give me anything, if that makes sense? I managed to lose a stone when I first started but it's gone downhill from there.. :(

Will the group be able to help me with my cravings? How much is it? Am I likely to just be wasting my money? I just need to be able to talk to people about things that are bothering me.. I can't be the only large person who has a hard time giving up sweets, surely?!
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Qua Sae

Qua Sae Full Member

Also, just quickly... Do I need to contact the group leader before I go or can I just turn up? I get very anxious about the simplest of things!
  4. Roziee

Roziee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World

I would suggest calling up the consultant before joining .. Just to introduce yourself to him/her and tell them your concerns. A good consultant will be very receptive and will take things at your pace.

I only have online membership and use minimins as my 'group'. I can waffle on about my problems with food and everyone and anyone will listen and care for you :)

I'm pretty sure it's a fiver a session but don't quote me on that.

Rozie x
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.