Thinking about joining SW group

Qua Sae

I've been really struggling lately & I think my mind has just switched out of weight-loss mode & into something more sinister. I really want to be able to lose weight but it just feels impossible!

I'm trying to battle depression at the moment & I keep having old eating disordered thoughts. I've been binging most nights on sweet foods & I just crave them all the time!

I'm not really sure what I'm expecting from a group.. I guess I want some extra support. SW online is nice but it just doesn't really give me anything, if that makes sense? I managed to lose a stone when I first started but it's gone downhill from there.. :(

Will the group be able to help me with my cravings? How much is it? Am I likely to just be wasting my money? I just need to be able to talk to people about things that are bothering me.. I can't be the only large person who has a hard time giving up sweets, surely?!

Also, just quickly... Do I need to contact the group leader before I go or can I just turn up? I get very anxious about the simplest of things!

Hi,

I would suggest calling up the consultant before joining .. Just to introduce yourself to him/her and tell them your concerns. A good consultant will be very receptive and will take things at your pace.

I only have online membership and use minimins as my 'group'. I can waffle on about my problems with food and everyone and anyone will listen and care for you :)

I'm pretty sure it's a fiver a session but don't quote me on that.

Rozie x

Back