Thinking about joining you from slimming world

Amyeve

Mummy of 2!

Hi everyone :wavey:

im on slimming world at the moment but im thinking of switching to weight watchers as im not happy wih my losses so far and desperate to get shot of my baby weight by the time DD turns 1 in May! I started in November and so far despite being 98% on plan i've only managed 9.5lb

so just wondering if any of you have tried both and can recommend swapping? what were your losses like?

i cant afford to just swap willy-nilly iykwim?!

thanks in advance
Amy xx

if your goal is 112lbs by may then that's highly unlikely that you could achieve that.. WW gives you on average 1-2lbs a week losses, so by 6th of May (just working in full weeks) from today you could expect to see around 20lbs off, maybe a little more, maybe a little less - depends on the individual really :)

losses wise, mine have often been higher than 2lbs each week, but again its on the individual and of course as I am a lot bigger than you, there is a lot more of me to go..

hope this helps xx

woops sorry, i should of explained better..

its 2st of babyweight i want to loose by may, or as much as i can

the rest of my flabbyness is the 2.5st i was overweight before i even got pregnant, my goal to get shot of the rest of it is by Jan 2010, then going to think about having another baby x

Hiya
I have just changed from SW to WW, like you I wasn't happy with my losses despite my best efforts. In fact last week I actually put on 3.5 pounds which I just couldn't work out. When I spoke out in class and said I thought I was eating too much, they all looked at me like I was mad.

Joined WW this morning, starting tomorrow. Looking forward to starting and getting some decent losses.

Hi and welcome. Great to have you along.

Like most others on here, we have all tried most other diets at some point or another and find the ones that work best for us

I did lose on SW a couple of years ago but felt that it didn't teach me portion control well enough and I put the weight back on....

Have found points more "life friendly" - and find I can track quite easily now.

Good luck. x

I too have done slimming world in the past, and whilst i did loose weigh i got to a point hwere i just stuck and nothing i did would shift anymore, plus i've that ww fits into my life so much easier.

But as someone else has already said different diets suit different poeple and what works for one , well you know the rest.

Good luck whichever you choose and if you do decide to switch you'll be more than welcome on this forum !!

I joined WW from SW about a month ago. Prefer WW as i can eat what i want in moderation, i just got bored with SW eating the same old things and not loosing.
Went back to WW as i'd lost 1 1/2 stone before so know that's what works for me

I'm thinking of switching too - SW just doesn't seem to be doing it for me....and I know from the past that I can lose on ww - 2 1/2 stone in about 3 1/2 months after baby no;1.

However, I did core before, but this time I want to give points a go. Can anyone remind me - do you have to eat all of your points? Even if that means eating 5 points worth of 'snacks' in the evening?

And also, like Amyeve, I'd be interested to hear how much people have lost...

Thank you.x

i have lost about a stone, but have to admit it would've been more if i'd not messed about-my own fault.

You can save up to 4 points a day for a treat like a meal out but you cant have less than 14 a day for health reasons. You can also earn extra points thru exercise but again i think however many you earn you cant eat more than 12 in a week. Hope that makes sense!!

I have done sw and by far prefer ww

Back