Thinking about returning to lighter life

thinking~thin

Hello everyone, today i decided to get back in touch with LL with a view to starting again! the councillor i had a few years ago has gone now, infact there isn't one in this area so it means a forty mile round trip, but i feel like i have tried everything else and this was really the only thing that worked for me.
i did LL about 8 years ago and practically got to goal, then we decided to try for a baby so i stopped LL had 2 children over the next 4 years or so and the weight crept back on, i have been back to LL again in that time, but feel it wasn't the right time then...i feel like my approach has changed...i was looking at it as a quick fix whereas now i realise that a commitment to healthy eating has to be lifelong otherwise the weight will just creep back on again...but LL is the only "diet" i know that will help me address my issues, the things that trigger my bad eating and i realise that i have never quite got to the root of it all.

I am fed up of being fat, feeling and looking horrible, my self esteem is at its lowest ebb, i feel a failure that i can never succeed... i want to look and feel good about myself again and to stop beating myself up about it all the time...it is a vicious circle!!! i do not want to be fat on my fortieth birthday later this year!

Anyway, i hope i am right and that this time will be different

Thanks for reading if you got this far :D

Claire xx

Hi Claire I know how you feel I did this 4 yrs ago to be able to have my DD lot a stone and a half last yr as I was the same as you didn't want to be fat for my 40 th then promptly put it back on and more I am now the heaviest I've ever been :-( LL is the only thing that works for me but I never complete as something always crops up so hopping to finish it properly this time and keep the weight off which is the hard part good luck with starting again and look forward to seeing how you are doing.

thanks Casper, hope your second week is going well, not sure if i will be able to start next week or not as i think if i swap my shift then OH's work will just send him away for the night instead as he's got some far away jobs to get done.. i'm really impatient to get that first week started and under my belt but wonder if i can be strong enough to be good for the kids jubilee tea party and a weekend away T Butlins :eek:

Claire I can totally relate to your situation. I lost over 4 stones when I first did lighterlife in 2008 and thought I could get to goal on my own. I managed to maintain for two years but have put on 40lbs and not happy at all.
I three out all my fat clothes and now only have about 5 pieces which I alternate. I have a wardrobe full of small size clothes which I want to get Into by the end of this year and lighterlife is the only way I will achieve this
We can do this!!!!

yes we sure can Preeti, how are you getting on? have you restarted LL? my wardrobe sounds just like yours and i simply refuse to buy any fat clothes :eek:

Starting tomorrow morning and cannot wait!!! ???

yay! hope your first day has gone ok...fingers crossed i'll be starting on Tuesday x

Hey Claire, hows day one going? Im doing ok, taking longer to get into ketosis!!!

well i got through day one and am now on day two wooohooo, am a bit anxious about the jubilee weekend coming up TBH. i was fine until my sister invited us over for a tea party next Tuesday, i was hoping not to have to tell anyone about LL until i'd lost some of the weight and now i know i'll be faced with some of my biggest critics! i don't have group next Monday as it is bank holiday, although we have been given pop in times instead for different days i've taken 2 weeks of packs just in case i can't get there. I am really hoping that i can be strong enough to get through 2 weeks being 100% but am just taking it one day at a time for now. hope today is being a good one for you xx

Hi, I'm starting on Wednesday next week - had my consultation today. Excited but nervous! Xx

good luck nomoreyoyo, i look forward to hearing how you get on

I'm on day two : ) doing ok so far but got quite a bad head ache today. Not really hungry yet tho and I'm probably still using up anything I had left over - had a big weekend to say goodbye to carbs!!!!

If you had a carb binge before you started LL, you may find the next few days difficult. Not trying to scare you. It's just that forewarned is forearmed. Take cheap, plain paracetamol for the headaches (nothing in sugar coated capsule form), drink lots of plain water and add a pinch of salt to your packs if you are affected by light headed dizzy spellls or muscle cramps. But above all, remember that the first week is often the hardest and once through that you'll have a lovely weekly weight loss to keep you motivated. Good luck.

Rhyannasmum said:
If you had a carb binge before you started LL, you may find the next few days difficult. Not trying to scare you. It's just that forewarned is forearmed. Take cheap, plain paracetamol for the headaches (nothing in sugar coated capsule form), drink lots of plain water and add a pinch of salt to your packs if you are affected by light headed dizzy spellls or muscle cramps. But above all, remember that the first week is often the hardest and once through that you'll have a lovely weekly weight loss to keep you motivated. Good luck.

Thank you, yeah it was my best friends hen do so didn't hold back. Definitely having the muscle cramps but woken up this morning (day three) without a headache so that's good. Will try the salt trick - thanks do much for your advice. Just want to get through to Wednesday and hopefully see a big loss : )

congrats on your first week weight loss. That is amazing! I think I will choose not to binge before I start. already, since my consultation two days ago, I am more conscious of what I am putting in my mouth. How much water are we to drink per day? I read about that woman drinking 4 litres in two hours and it killed her. She too was on LL. I don't know how anyone could chug that much water in that amount of time. frightening.

Back