thinking of attending the SW opportunity meeting ....

time2bslim

Just doing it this time
on Sunday?

Can't hurt going and getting info and seeing what's what I suppose, but our C said last week (before she knew that I was thinking of going to the meeting) there are 'a lot of' SW groups in our area- so I wonder if it's going to be profitable if I did decide to go with it?

I personally would go and have a look .... u have nothing to loose really if its something u want to do, what would stop u travelling alittle further out of your area??? Goodluck x

I've been to one of these meetings which is a bit like pressure selling for a timeshare. There is a large initial financial outlay and they try to sell you a high interest loan. You have to be prepared to go to Derby fairly frequently for meetings on a Saturday, you have to do all your own publicity from your own pocket and the percentage you earn from the group depends on how many members you get through the door. You have to have quite a large space to store all the boards and leaflets etc. After I had been I regarded the consultants with a much more sympathetic eye xx

i think emsie might have a point!!
i think the best thing to do would be to go along and see what you think of it!!! otherwise you'll forever be wondering what if!

I am the same as Brightonrosie. I went along to the opportunity day, and gosh 0 it does open your eyes to how much the C does and what targets etc they work to.
There is a big outlay to begin with and then a lot of hours committment during the week (and not just for meetings). This is sadly what I couldnt balance with my regular job.
Yes, it is quite 'salesy', but if you go with an open mind (and are prepared for that) and is something you feel passionately about, then defo go along. It doesnt hurt to find out more!
Good luck with whatever you decide x

I would definitely go as then you will have all the information you need in order to make your own mind up.

I agree a C would not want any more competition in her area - especially if she thinks you would be good at it!!

It cant hurt to take a look?

i thought the outlay was cheap for a business that can potentially earn you a lot of money. I earn as much doing 2 groups as I did from my day job and spend 1 day at group (am and pm) then 1 day doing paperwork etc. Meetings are once a month and after your initial training you go to HO as much or as little as you want.

There are lots of groups in my area (at least 1 a day) but we work together to advertise and share everything.

However if its the money that your thinking of then probably not for you as you do need to eat, sleep and breathe slimming world for it to work and be profitable

thank you for the replies.

I'm still debating whether to go or not - it's a 40 mile round trip altogether.

My C says I should go and that I would make a good C .................. I did a lot of adult education teaching 1999 - 2005 and loved that, there was a lot of involvement doing that so thinking it would be on the same lines - and I would have to be profitable so would give it 100% if I took it on.

Will let you know what I do.

Thanks eversomuch again everyone.

Back