thinking of changing from LT to Cambridge

jojo70

Hello everyone,

I started LT 2 weeks ago and have had great success and no cheating. 9.5 pounds lost the 1st week and 2nd weigh in is tomorrow ( I'm guessing this week's loss will be 4-5 pounds). I really would like a little more variety and flexibility...premade shakes would make being out a lot easier! Plus, I would like to be able to share a small meal with my hubby at night. The plan with a tiny bit of food seems ideal, as I should still be able to lose rapidly.

I made an appointment with a local counselor for tomorrow night. I will still probably have to do another week of LT, as I have no packs left for tomorrow. I am looking for opinions from people who have been there. Is it a mistake to go from total food replacement to the one small meal per day plan (I plan to do the lowest calorie one). Will I be sabotaging my weight loss by doing this? I am EXTREMELY committed to losing weight, so I will only make the switch if it is a good idea.

By the way, I asked the same question in the LT forum. The group there is wonderfully supportive. The general concensus was to stick with LT. I'm just looking for opinions from a different perspective.

Thanks,
Jo

Last edited:
If you switched to CD and did with the SS+ with food option or the 810kcal plan you'd be absolutely fine and probably still lose between 3-5lbs a week.

It is widely said by people who have tried the other VLCDs before trying CD that Cambridge has better flavours, and we certainly have the most extensive range. From tomorrow dieters will be able to buy porridge from their CDCs (depending on when the CDC ordered).

Cambridge is the only one to offer porridge as a very low calorie diet option.

But it is all personal preference. I'm a CDC so I would never say anything other than CD is the best (even though I actually do believe that, but I haven't tried the other VLCDs)

Hiya. I reckon you need to do whatever it takes to stay focussed on your weight loss. I have done LL, LT and CD and CD is definately the nicest of the lot. Also if you have a lot of weight to shed, doing TFR for months is a tall order although I do understand the sense behind it in that you need to stop the substance you're addicted to in order to break it and that the flavours are deliberatley bland to retrain your tastebuds.

Erm think I am just rambling now so I'll go. Good luck making the right decision for you. :)

Back