Thinking of changing to S&S

That's one of the great things about SnS - the ability to order samples. They now do a bumper sample pack which contains one of everything.

Sue Whittle said:
The slim and save meals are all great ( in my opinion) and to make them look better and bit more filling don't forget to add the 200 mg of veg out of the allowed list. Tonight I am having macaroni cheese with cauliflower. Only day 5 and listen to me. Lol

I've heard that the macaroni cheese is good - haven't got any myself yet... Just one thing - it's 200g of veg not 200mg! That wouldn't be much at all! I've also heard that the mac cheese is good with broccoli as well as cauliflower.

After reading this thread I think I will choose this one as my diet of choice.
I looked into LL and no consultant near me, so I was lost as what to go for.
I have tried SW and WW in the past and they haven't worked well for me.

I have got a lot of weight to shift and looking at all your results makes me feel better about it.
Anything I should watch outdoor as a newbie?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Outside!! I hate this predictive text sometimes!

This type of diet has a faster weight loss rate that SW or WW. It does take around 5 days to get into ketosis and they can be tough days - with hunger and not feeling well. Beyond that ketosis will supress your hunger - which makes it much easier to stick to. If you have a lot of weight to lose then I would personally recommend that you do 4 packs a day rather than 3 plus a protein meal. It really helped me to get my head straight regarding my relationship with food. After over 6 months on 4 packs a day I moved on to 3 packs plus a protein meal.

Also, drinking enough water is really important. Conventional food contains a lot of water and the packs contain less - so you need more anyway. But water is actually used to break down the fat stores and to flush ketones from your body. SnS suggest 3 litres a day - but there seems to be a direct correlation between drinking more and losing more. However, please note that drinling lots at one time is very dangerous - and can kill! Spread your water throughout the day.

There are a number of really good stickies in this forum aimed at new starters so it would be a good idea to have a look. You might also want to go and have a look at the SnS diary forum.

Thanks for the heads up. I have started increasing my water intake today in preparation for the starter pack arrival. How long will the 26 items last me? A week or 2 (being hopeful!). I normally drink lots of green tea and tea with nothing in it.

biggusburdus said:
Thanks for the heads up. I have started increasing my water intake today in preparation for the starter pack arrival. How long will the 26 items last me? A week or 2 (being hopeful!). I normally drink lots of green tea and tea with nothing in it.

You have either 3 packs plus protein and veg or 4 packs so the 26 samples will last you 9 days if you have 3 packs 6 days if you go for 4

Thanks for that. I just have to make sure I reorder in plenty of time! looking forward to shifting some weight it's been a long time on..

Hi everyone. I think I am going to change over from exante. I just struggle so much with only drinking shakes, and even when I have a bar it doesnt seem to help, just makes me more hungry as they are sweet. I am planning on doing exante shake for breakfast as I still have a months worth left, S&S meal pack for lunch with 100g veg, Meal pack for dinner with 100g veg and then the 100g protein as a snack for evening.....would this be correct? I have ordered some samples so that I can choose the meals I like best. Thanks x

Or the other option would be....exante shake morning, meal pack lunch, meal pack dinner, 200g veg and 100g protein (most likely chicken) for supper....is this how it works? x

That looks ok to me. It can be a bit difficult as SnS is 4 a day and exante is 3 (I believe...). The thing to do is to check the following...

1. Are you getting at least 50g of protein?

2. Are you staying under 60g of carbs?

Also, as you are going for the protein option you should take a multivitamin. I would suggest a pregnancy one as it doesn't contain any vitamin A and too much vitamin A can be quite bad for you.

Yes exante is 3 pack per day and 200cals per pack. I will try and work out the carbs when my packs arrive and hopefully what I have said will be below 60g carbs! x

I suspect you'll be ok - if you're doing a protein meal then you can make that low carb. You might want to use My Fitness Pal to measure the total carbs in what your having - it has all the SnS packs I don't know about exante

Thanks for the advice,il download the app now,I used to have it and it does have exante packs so il work out in there x

I've just had my first S&S - after almost 4 weeks on LT it tasted quite good although very salty.

I had the mushroom pasta.

I'm kinda worried I'll be out of ketosis now as LT refeed doesn't allow pasta for about a week as I recall.

I'm not just changing overnight I'm introducting S&S in slowly and weaning myself off LT.

I was worried about the contents and the calorie difference.

Back