Thinking of changing to the Harcombe diet

Hi guys,

I am feeling totally fed up :(. This is the third time I have done this diet and I think my body knows it. I have stuck to SS+ (no cheating at all) and have drunk all the water and the last 2 weeks have only lost 1lb per week!! I have a rumbling stomach most days and have been so moody and grumpy. I am surprised my family are still talking to me - I wouldn't be if I were them. I know I have almost made the stone in 4 weeks but I can not keep doing this if I only loose 1lb a week.

A collegue of mine (who did not need to loose weight, but suffered with cravings and bloating) has been on the Harcombe diet for the last 4 weeks. She has lost 1/2 stone - but says she just feels so much better. She no longer has any bloating and is never hungry. She says if she sticks to not eating carbs with fats in a meal she feels great and no longer craves the Haribo sweets she used to. She was always a size 10, but now just looks really healthy and is feeling great.

I have just ordered the book and recipe book from Amazon, and am seriously thinking of changing. She says she intends on continuing this way of eating, and sees it as a complete change of how she eats rather than a diet - so is easy to continue for life.

Any one tried Harcombe??

Not heard of it, but looks interesting... will check it out. Good luck!

xxx

I've not heard of that diet either but there are many low carb diets about. I'm wondering if the low loss this week is due to TOTM as you could be holding water. Why not give it another week and see what your losses are then, you may see a large loss.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Back