Thinking of doing Exante

Safia

Gold Member
Hi everyone I am thinking of doing exante but not totally sure as I love my food but i just cant get into slimming world as after my baby i feel my heaviest and really need a boost. I did do cambridge diet a few years back for a week but due to a lack of support from my family i stopped after a week. This time round its just me my husband and my 3 children under 5 years old! I am also a bit worried about having a lack of energy to look after them with my youngest being 9 weeks old but than again the way i am going i will soon be too big to look after them. Also since having my son i have been really down and depressed because of my weight and the fact that i still look like i am carrying my son. He doesnt even fit in my lap properly because of my tummy:cry:
How long is it before people came out of the lack of energy and do you still get hunger pangs after you are in ketosis x

This is a really tough question, but the first week is the hardest. not sure if you should be looking at TS though just such short time after your baby, low carb is a great way to go, but would you not be better on Atkins of the Dukan maybe?

I'm just thinking that from an energy perspective you might find exante very difficult to cope with, I understand you want to see results quickly, but unfortunately that might not be the sensible way to go, atkins and dukan have very good and reliable weight loss and can be quite similar in terms of results

Hi everyone I am thinking of doing exante but not totally sure as I love my food but i just cant get into slimming world as after my baby i feel my heaviest and really need a boost. I did do cambridge diet a few years back for a week but due to a lack of support from my family i stopped after a week. This time round its just me my husband and my 3 children under 5 years old! I am also a bit worried about having a lack of energy to look after them with my youngest being 9 weeks old but than again the way i am going i will soon be too big to look after them. Also since having my son i have been really down and depressed because of my weight and the fact that i still look like i am carrying my son. He doesnt even fit in my lap properly because of my tummy:cry:
How long is it before people came out of the lack of energy and do you still get hunger pangs after you are in ketosis x

Awe babe, i totally understand how you feel. I have 3 boys 7,5 and 2 and am left with a tummy so big my two youngest keeps asking me when im having the next baby lol. I am the heaviest i have ever been and have very little confidence in the way that i look, as i have never been this big before and being 5"2 makes me look even worse. I decided one morning after trying slimming world and weight watchers several times that i need to do something that is going to give me the results i long for, in as short a time as possible, and without the hassle, and here i am 7 days on, doing the Exante and actually loving it:). It is difficult having my family to cook for especially now over the holidays, but i have managed some how, and already starting to feel better about the way i look. I would say to give it a try, at least then you can say ive tried it even if you don't like it. :)

I forgot to add that my energy levels dont seem to be any lower than usual. I tend to get headaches when i dont eat regularly, and so far ive not had any at all since ive been having the shakes. :)

fat2fit said:
I forgot to add that my energy levels dont seem to be any lower than usual. I tend to get headaches when i dont eat regularly, and so far ive not had any at all since ive been having the shakes. :)

Are you just doing the shakes or shakes and bars x

fat2fit said:
Im just doing the shakes

Hey fat2fit u remind me of my self lol!! Also have 3 boys 7,6,2 n I'm hoping to start shakes in morning !! I've lost loads already but I'm still abit heavy n would love to be a 10 bottoms!! As I have no scales at moment I just go by clothes lol x good luck n keep going how much have u lost in first week ? X

Hya. I think I've lost about 10lbs so far. Cant resist not weighing daily, my proper weigh day is tomorrow so im hoping to get at least another 1lb off today.:D

fat2fit said:
Hya. I think I've lost about 10lbs so far. Cant resist not weighing daily, my proper weigh day is tomorrow so im hoping to get at least another 1lb off today.:D

Wow very good will be bak in morning lol!! Best of luck I'm sure u will have a great loss!! My first solid day starts in morning x

I do still get the odd hunger pang being in ketosis. I find drinking fizzy makes it worse so maybe avoid that. As for energy levels - after the first 5 days, I just feel normal. There are a couple of times I felt a bit light headed when I stand up too quickly but nothing major. The results are quick and that is what swayed me. x

I am also a bit worried about having a lack of energy to look after them with my youngest being 9 weeks old

Hi Safia,

Do you mind me asking if you are breastfeeding? I am wondering if TS would be suitable if you are as I had a friend who wasn't allowed to do Lighterlife until her baby was 3 months old and you can't do that at all if you are breastfeeding. Exante is the same kind of diet.

While I 100% understand the need to get rid of the weight as soon as possible I am wondering if maybe you should have a chat with your doctor first. I actually did this myself before starting Exante as it was my first time on a VLCD and she has been brilliant - so supportive with lots of advice. She monitors me once a month. I didn't have any health problems beforehand but wanted to be healthy and safe.

I am not saying don't do the diet, but I am wondering if such low calories are suitable as your body is still going to be in the latter stages of recovery after childbirth and I doubt 600 calories will be enough if you are breastfeeding. Yours and your childrens well being are most important xx

Edit: there maybe people on here who have done this diet after a baby that can give you advice. My daughter is 13 years old and I'm still trying to shift the baby weight!!

Hi jojo no I'm not breatfeeding. While I was pregnant I did do some research on CD for after I had my son and was told the same thing too that I couldn't do it until 3 months after having my son. That's why I rejoined sw but I found myself very demotivated and really don't enjoy the classes anymore as I really need that boost and to lose some of my pregnant belly. My son will be 10 weeks tomorrow and as I'm at my mums right now I won't be ordering exante until next week as I don't want to miss the delivery so I will be nearly 3 months x

hi there
Don't worry too much about energy levels, in my experience after the first few days the energy levels surge! Some people get a sort of buzz, needing to go for a walk, house clean, etc. But then some days you just need a warm bath and an early night.
It does work, its very safe and its much better to feel in control and doing something. I did it for eight months, and I was fine. I hope it works well for you. Six stones less to carry certainly improved my energy levels.

GSQ

Thank you everyone for your views and your support. I will definately be ordering exante next week after i get home. I phoned my hubby today and managed to persuade him to let me do it, it took 2 days of persuasion as he thinks i will mess it up and waste money but he doesnt realise i was fine with sw until i got pregnant and stopped going and despite on putting on 8lbs my body is a lot bigger and i hate it. I have to admit i am still yes and no when it comes to doing it sometimes but thanks to everyone on here and reading other posts i know its no walk in the park but it can be done and its not forever. I also want to prove my hubby wrong but i know he will be watching me like a eagle when i do get the packets as i have put a ban on anymore babies until i reach a healthy bmi and he is desperate for a big family x

Safia said:
Thank you everyone for your views and your support. I will definately be ordering exante next week after i get home. I phoned my hubby today and managed to persuade him to let me do it, it took 2 days of persuasion as he thinks i will mess it up and waste money but he doesnt realise i was fine with sw until i got pregnant and stopped going and despite on putting on 8lbs my body is a lot bigger and i hate it. I have to admit i am still yes and no when it comes to doing it sometimes but thanks to everyone on here and reading other posts i know its no walk in the park but it can be done and its not forever. I also want to prove my hubby wrong but i know he will be watching me like a eagle when i do get the packets as i have put a ban on anymore babies until i reach a healthy bmi and he is desperate for a big family x

Lmao hey good luck!! But if u don't mind me asking how much do u weigh ? N how tall ru ?? Aah hubby's can be hard mine was the same still is telling me to stop!! Lol x

Last week i was 16st8lbs but that was last week so this week i am probably heading towards 17st!!! I am 5'2 so with my height and weight i am morbidly obese and seriously need to kick myself into action x

Safia said:
Last week i was 16st8lbs but that was last week so this week i am probably heading towards 17st!!! I am 5'2 so with my height and weight i am morbidly obese and seriously need to kick myself into action x

Awh Hun don't worry u will be fine!! I was 16.8 two years ago wen I had my 3rd and last baby well after delivery!! But just don't worry it will all be gone! This isn't an easy diet but it's the best diet I have come across n it's wicked n fast! So just enjoy ur time off wiv food!! Let us know wen u start diet xx

Back