Thinking of giving Slim and Save a go!

Hello Everyone!

I am thinking of giving Slim and Save a go after many failed diets, some spectacular failures, some partial failures! When my youngest daughter was born two and a half years ago i was 17st 13lb and at my lightest i was 14st 9lb. I am currently (and rather disappointingly) at 15st 12lb. I lost the weight using Slimming world, orlistat and at one point Cambridge. SW was great until I learned how to cheat it and Orlistat is out of stock until who knows when and Cambridge is far too expensive! So my question is, what is slim and save like? Am I right in understanding that I could have meal packs in with it? Thats what I missed most when i was on the CD, not being able to eat with my family. Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!:)

Helen XX

imagine cambridge, only cheaper, tastier and with meal packs x

You can have 200g a day of certain vegetables too - even if having 4 packs a day. You can swap daily between 4 packs a day or 3 packs plus a protein meal as they are both und 650 calories. It really is very flexible.

Do it, Do it, Do it, In my 5th week and down a 1.5 stone, best thing I ever did and yummy food and shakes, and the new bars are to die for.

I think I'm going to give it a go. A month to start with and see how I do. Is it ok to exercise when you're on Slim and Save as they told me not to do too much when I was on CD.

20 min of exercise is recommended to everyone. Hate the nonsense some diets say.

Definately the best vlcd out there.... the flexiability means it can fit into your lifestyle, and the vlcd/mealpack aspect means its strict enough to stay on track. Plus.... I'm still nowhere near my goal, but i think when its in sight the fact you are used to eating protein meals means the re-feeding will be a bit easier!

Exercise... it depends on your level now, but it is like CD in that respect. For the first few weeks you want to take it easy, then build up gradually... definately dont overdo it. For me i'm just walking atm, and planning on starting swimming in a few weeks (have my swimming goal weight in sight - eeps).... some people do more and they'd be able to advise you better though!

I walk my dog for about 45 mins a day, nothing strenuous, just a stroll and I love doing my wii fit for 30 mins, again, nothing too intense. If I start to feel like i'm over doing it i'll cut it down a bit. I'm going to order a month pack on tuesday (pay day ha ha!) If anyone has any tips or is just starting like me, i'd love to hear from you!

Helen xx

Hi helen

My delivery is coming tomorrow so I starting tomorrow

Good luck to you too x

hey new ladies!! im starting Monday (bday today so busy weekend) cant wait to get going... TOTM arrived last night so thats good timing to! x

hey new ladies!! im starting Monday (bday today so busy weekend) cant wait to get going... TOTM arrived last night so thats good timing to! x

hi paula

i am starting monday now! :( as tracked my delivery and it says scheduled for monday i bout yesterday at 4pm for next day but apparently saturday is not included so if it does turn up tomorrow i will start then but if not monday it is...i just want to start now!

hi paula

i am starting monday now! :( as tracked my delivery and it says scheduled for monday i bout yesterday at 4pm for next day but apparently saturday is not included so if it does turn up tomorrow i will start then but if not monday it is...i just want to start now!

Louise..... if your feeling motivated try a pre-S&S weekend?.... basically low carbs... it'll make going into ketosis and your first week alot easier!

ooh didnt think of that i have been cutting out carbs lately anyway cos i practically live on bread and pasta and potatoes! so yeah i will start that in morning...thanks phoenixx

forgot too HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAULA :) x

Hi ladies. The meal thread is fab with lots of ideas of what you can do. Good luck

good luck and this really is the easiest vlcd ever...2 weeks in and 1 stone down and im not hungry..amazing....
:)

Tyrion_Lannister_lover said:
good luck and this really is the easiest vlcd ever...2 weeks in and 1 stone down and im not hungry..amazing....
:)

Aww well done that's amazing! I can't wait to start x

I started today, i orderd the sample box so i can see what I like and what I don't like and after being on Lipotrim on and off for 2 months (alot of picking and cheating) I must say that at the end of day one I can't move I am so stuffed but loving the flexibility.

shyvon said:
I started today, i orderd the sample box so i can see what I like and what I don't like and after being on Lipotrim on and off for 2 months (alot of picking and cheating) I must say that at the end of day one I can't move I am so stuffed but loving the flexibility.

Good luck Hun I waiting on my sample box to come should be here Monday but hoping might turn up tomorrow :)

Good luck hun
I will be finally starting Wednesday, make sure you start a journal

Check out the stickie posts on the main forum lots of handy tips

Xx

Back