thinking of giving up now

I will be back to atkins to lose my final stone and to maintain, I have enjoyed this way of life but I really need to be shifting this weight now! x

After alot of pouting this morning I have decided to give induction one more week.

I am going to eat all my veggies and weigh EVERYTHING.

I have already found that mayo could be my problem, mine is packed with sugar it seems and is 11g of carbs in a tablespoon :O

cutting out cheese and scratchings too and upping my water. Bootcamp!!

I sincerely hope this works because I do feel atkins is something I can stick to

That's a bad mayo, is it mayo lite? you shouldn't use any of the light products Racheal, full fat every time.

it was a tesco value one! I hate being on a student budget at times

It's been binned now anyways :)

Hi Rachael and good luck this wk,the weight gain maybe because you have been ill.I have found you really need to study the labels on things as the carb count can be really different from brand to brand,I never buy anything now without checking.
Try not to be so hard on yourself all of the time.
Lots of hugs.
lorna x

Last edited:
I take forever shopping, I check every label. It's worth it though, carbs can vary so much

Right Racheal - me and you this week - lets do it.

I have to be honest - I don't religiously count carbs, I have an idea of what is in things and mostly eat whole foods. how about give that a go with me?

for example a typical day for me would be:

Breakfast = 2 eggs any way you like
lunch = grilled meat salad with a spicy sausage & cheese - I stick to lettuce and spinach in my salad
dinner = grilled pork chop + salad + grilled halloumi

snacks= single mini cheese portions (babybel?)
dessert = 1 square of dark chocolate

how about we give that a go? I don't have bars or shakes or sauces really - i'm too cheap! if I do have a sauce I'll use melted cheese. Want to try my menu? i have no idea how many carbs are in there, but it does work for me (if i stick to it.... which is another story).

my personal plan for tomorrow is:

Brek: chicken tikka (how weird...)
snack: cheese portion
lunch: prawns w/chorizo & mixed veg & salad
snack: marmite cheese
dinner: haddock & salad & ranch dressing

anyway im waffling - basically good luck to us both!

mmm cheese....

there is a huge difference between the carbs in the tesco value mayo to their own label full fat version, nearly double i noticed! double the price also, but then that is also an incentive not to use too much, i find.
home made is so much nicer, and you know what is in it. been a while since i made some, your thoughts on this have inspired me to get some on the go!
if only i had all day to play in tthe kitchen/garden instead of going to work, its so unfair :)

Hahaha Taz :D
I was making a large oopsie roll at 6.30 am & I don't even work!

ah, we have a new member, Hi piggywiggy and welcome love.

Back