Thinking of going it alone

ploddy said:
I've decided to go it alone. I've been finding the weekly weighting becomes to stressful and competitive. I end up trying my hardest to lose weight before the big weightin day then I might of lost but I'm totally demoralised and drained. So I don't feel that type of forum is for me. I'd rather have a daily focus with less pressure than a big build up at the end of the week ( hope the makes sense) I lost 2and half stone 2 yrs ago this way and I've kept it of so I know it works. I thinks it's mainly about support and I've found this forum the most helpful and the first place I turn to for advice or information. Horses for courses and all that I just wish u luck and if u need support let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

tomorrow will be first weigh in at home and will be a gain.
Had 3 days completely off plan cause out and about visiting family etc. Have to say because I knew wasn't standing on scales in front of someone Tue am was easier to give myself days off when I could have easily behaved.

But telling self if this is how I'm going to eat for the rest of my life - then 3 days off is ok if only every now and then.

Back on plan now tho x

Last edited:
I'm toying wiv the idea of going alone, I started sw July and hav lost 7 stone I've still about 2 stone to go, it does bother me that things will creep back and i wont be as strict wiv myself, but I just don't connect wiv my consultant I was gonna change group but not really motivated to do that either , my plan is to go Wednesday and book a month off due to work commitments coz it is getting harder to get each week coz my rota changes, then if I can't be disciplined at home I can go back to group , but I want to succeed by myself I don't want to let my self down, if that makes sence

mariavon said:
I'm toying wiv the idea of going alone, I started sw July and hav lost 7 stone I've still about 2 stone to go, it does bother me that things will creep back and i wont be as strict wiv myself, but I just don't connect wiv my consultant I was gonna change group but not really motivated to do that either , my plan is to go Wednesday and book a month off due to work commitments coz it is getting harder to get each week coz my rota changes, then if I can't be disciplined at home I can go back to group , but I want to succeed by myself I don't want to let my self down, if that makes sence

Makes sense to me. Lets see how we go on eh, if after a month its not working for u then u can go back to group (that's my plan) x

Slimbysummer said:
Makes sense to me. Lets see how we go on eh, if after a month its not working for u then u can go back to group (that's my plan) x

Yea it's a plan x come on tho were strong enough to do this :)

Yah - STS despite 3 days off plan - but behaved 100% and tried to claw back syns on the other 4 days so my week at home and i was in control. yah! x

Brilliant, I've weighed at boots today shown 5lb heavier but then again I've been off plan since last Wednesday's wi and obviously I was wearing heavier clothes but I'm happy wiv it and looking forward to a good on plan week from now on

Im feeling so motivated about following the plan on my own, the stress i had previous weeks leading up to wi has gone feel so much calmer , in control

Hi i too have been going to class but can not afford to and really do need to stick to it but fed up paying out, so just started on here and although don't really know what i am doing i do intend to blog and fill in my weight each wk, as that way i can keep a check on it all and put money i would have payed in piggy bank as it will soon mount up so paying myself, can even tell my self off !! if i stray good luck.

That happened to me a few years back i left and put it all back on so going to group works for me and also when you reach goal...its free to attend

Back