Thinking of joining advice please

mummytummy

Silver Member
Hi ladies and gents,

I'm thinking of sighing up online as I'm a bridesmaid next yr with lots of my old school friends and I'm not going to be the fat one! After having my two daughters I have ballooned to 15st 5lbs and at 5 ft it's not pleasant! :eek:

My husband could do with losing a few pounds so I've coxed him to join with me.

So how are you finding pro points? Is it hard to follow? How did the weight come off? especially if you have a lot to lose like me :eek:

Any advice that you have would be muchly appreciated! xxx

Welcome mummytummy and oh :) i found pro points very easy to follow and before long i didnt seem to notice the weighing and counting part, i would recommend keeping a tracker of what you eat, i find if i dont i think that i have enough points for lots of snacks and i have already eaten all my points. I started off at 16 st 12lb i am 5ft 7 and the weight came off very quickly as you can see from my signature, recently i havent been sticking to plan most days but i havent gained any of the weight i have lost so must be doing something right.
I find planning meals helps as well, we have a white board in the kitchen and each week before doing the shopping we work out the weeks evening meals (lunch time is mostly packups due to working) and then i know what points i have left for the rest of the week.
Good luck and please ask if you have anymore questions, the people on here are lovely xx

hi there and welcome!
i find ww very easy to follow. its not like a diet where you have to deprive yourself of anything you can eat what you want in moderation and as long as you point it. its more of a lifestyle change than diet tbh. it teaches portion control also...it would shock the life outa ya seeing how much you should eat compared to what you where eating!
i think its good that your husband is also going to join u you can keep each other motivated...i would recommend a class.. i think i there is nothing better than going along and meeting new people and the thought of going to those scales and putting on keeps me motivated.. tho i know its hard with two kids (i take me 4 year old wit me)
anyway good luck with what you choose to do

Thanks both, my husband is fairly fit (he can run 10k no problems) just wants to lose a few pounds unlike me! : )
Well done both on your weight loss!

I'm going to bite the bullet and part with my cash and sign up right now!!!

Hi mummytummy i done sw for yrs and lost over 2stone but came to a halt, so made the chose to join ww.
I thought id be hungry but im not it was my first wi last monday and didnt think id lost because i forgot to point my milk, but lost 3lb.
And you can eat anything, and the support on here is great as everyone can encourage each other. goodluck hun xx

I joined online 3 days , love the online tracker and tools to help work out points it makes it a bit more fun
and i can honestly say ww is not a diet!, i had 4 cheese and stuffed crust pizza, a meal out of lasange and double fudge icecream with meringue (im a weekend splurger) all within my points, so i think ww is for the win!

Back