thinking of leaving exante for slimming world

Thanks babystar. I'm too sensitive like I said and like I said it's not their fault sorry im not good at explaining myself. I gave exante a go. It's not for everyone is it. I'm so undecided. I was gonna try and give a another until ketosis but i can't handle the gnawing hunger. I couldn't sleep and then I pigged out in the night. I can't seem to get passed day 4. Nevermind I'm upset but I will get over it. Was looking forward to fast weightloss but I like my food too much. And there's no guarantee it gets much better in ketosis. Ketosis you can still feel hungry. Vlcds are tough so i don't want to be on a diet that's not so harsh. Wish I could TS though lol for quick loss. I'm just going to have to do a diet via the scenic route lol x

mrsjoyce said:
Ive decided to stick with exante :)

Good choice!! Too much hard work to abandon it now. Well done.

What a brilliant suggestion. If your head is saying its too hard, its too hard just now. Not for ever but too hard for you just now. So you can take charge of you and award yourself a month off perhaps.
PS I posted somewhere on this site that coffee made me hungry for at least 8 hours. I have given it up and now am sailing on not hungry and still functioning. I wonder if something is triggering your hunger.

I know what triggers it, but feel powerless to stop it right now. Its tirdness. 4 o'clock comes and bang! :rolleyes: I did used to turn to wine at this time, as quickly learnt it gave me an energy boost from the high. I havent done this for a few years now though. If it was an emotion it would probably be easier to change how I felt by doing something, but tirdness just needs sleep, which I dont get alot of right now :rolleyes: FML lol :D

Divster said:
I know what triggers it, but feel powerless to stop it right now. Its tirdness. 4 o'clock comes and bang! :rolleyes: I did used to turn to wine at this time, as quickly learnt it gave me an energy boost from the high. I havent done this for a few years now though. If it was an emotion it would probably be easier to change how I felt by doing something, but tirdness just needs sleep, which I dont get alot of right now :rolleyes: FML lol :D

Agree. 4pm is a really hard time. Another cup of green tea helps a bit but wine was perfect for me too. Sleep cures most things if you can get it.
I think VLCD do take time for the body to adjust to, then it's ok then for no reason - a bad day. Just do the best you can I think, no point in beating yourself up though.

Brilliant to do it working nights for some.

Starlight said:
Div, why not take a concious break of say one month. Set it in your mind that youre starting Exante on say May 1st. Ive found after any breaks I have that if I have a very definite date I get back to it no problem as opposed to - tomorrow, which never comes x

This is exactly what I did and I finally managed to restart probably the 12th attempt and the first time I have got past 7 days now done 25 days and going strong :)

Lisy said:
Thanks babystar. I'm too sensitive like I said and like I said it's not their fault sorry im not good at explaining myself. I gave exante a go. It's not for everyone is it. I'm so undecided. I was gonna try and give a another until ketosis but i can't handle the gnawing hunger. I couldn't sleep and then I pigged out in the night. I can't seem to get passed day 4. Nevermind I'm upset but I will get over it. Was looking forward to fast weightloss but I like my food too much. And there's no guarantee it gets much better in ketosis. Ketosis you can still feel hungry. Vlcds are tough so i don't want to be on a diet that's not so harsh. Wish I could TS though lol for quick loss. I'm just going to have to do a diet via the scenic route lol x

Hi Lisy

Haven't seen your diary but I'm sorry you feel so bad. This diet is bloody hard, but really is worth it if you manage it :)
Hope you feel better about it soon and hope you don't decide to leave the forum. I'm sure people would be gutted if they realised their words had upset you

*hug*

No it's me they were just being honest. And trying to help. But I just needed a bit of encouragement. Thanks carly. I'm always sensitive at TOTM lol x the first week i find tough and I caved in when I couldn't sleep. I was restarting and were just saying basically maybe my heads not in the right place. It's in the right place but find days leading up to ketosis difficult. But I will probably have a little break and come back to it. But I really want to restart today. But it's a tough old diet isn't it xxx

I feel really positive today and will try WS I think. I have mixed bumper packs plus another box of shakes being delivered today because I don't like the soups. Can't let them go to waste and aam will help I think.

Lisy,

I'm sorry to hear that you are feelng upset by comments in your diary. I was one of the ones to comments a few times and I never meant to upset you. You asked for opinions and that is certainly what I gave. I feel I have been really encouraging to you each time you have tried with exante and have never told you to give up. This diet is about you and how you feel and it has to be right for you. We are all doing it for different reasons and keeping on track for different reasons so when you ask us questions as to how that works for us then they will be possibly all different.

I appreciate that you are a sensitive soul as a lot of us are and it's sometimes hard when you read things to take them in a different way to the way they are intended (that's why I much prefer face to face).

Again, I am sorry if I have upset you and wish you well with whatever plan you chose. I'll not comment again in your diary as I do not want to cause upset and that was not my intention.

Good luck and take care xx

That's ok ladygaga you have been encouraging me in the past. I left a message in your diary. I'm starting another diet as my GP this morning told me to stay well clear of vlcds. So sorry if I have upset you. I like to be upfront and honest too. Shame this diet never worked out but heyho looking forward to next diet. Shame you felt though that you couldn't comment in diary anymore though. If only i never had a binge the other night. None of this would have happened :(

Icant didn't ask for an opinion I just had a bad day and said I'm restarting. If and when I decide to give it another go I will do it alone without a diary

hi lisa, i'm coming off exante and trying a gl diet with a patrick holford book. i was getting so moody on exante and kept shouting at my poor little boy. i did about 7weeks and lost well. i'm still confused as to whether vlcd are good for you, what did ur doctor say about it?
the glyceamic load diet is all about eating really healthily and eliminating cravings and high blood sugar and balancing moods.
all the best
babs
xx

Oh know it's just my own personal circumstances that he wants me off the diet. But he did say about the side effects of vlcds but don't worry they're safe. He just thought it was bad that their is no councillors and anybody can just buy them. You done so well 7 weeks is a long time. You might not like slow weightloss and go back to exante like other people do. Because let's face it that's why anybody wants to do vlcds. But good luck whatever you decide.

Lisy said:
But he did say about the side effects of vlcds but don't worry they're safe. He just thought it was bad that their is no councillors and anybody can just buy them. decide.

There's nothing whatsoever wrong with Ordering online. And as for no councellors well that's not technically true that's what the staff at Exante are there for. And yes anyone can buy it but you can say the same about LT LL or CD. You might be going to a councillor but you could tell them anything you like to get packs

Clearly your doctor has no idea about Exante or how it works. Sounds like he's one of these anti VLCD doctors

Yep people really need to research before they criticise! although ive known a few people say that its too easily available for people with eating disorders or people who are not overweight enough for a VLCD and i tend to agree with that. but hey im sure no ones so silly as to put themselves thru a diet like this if they dont need to haha x

I know but because I'm on meds exante said I would need to be monitored. I can't do CD because my BMI is over 40 and I would need docs permission. But I kept restarting and not sticking at it through to ketosis. I must be one of those people that it doesn't suit. Shame because I really want to do it. I'm still upset.

Wow my thread turned into something different

My doctor didn't say he was against these diets though. He was concerned for my wellbeing. He has a headstart over us he is fully qualified. I'm not going against him and carrying on with it. I could do I could just say what the hell and carry on but I won't do it. He knows what he is talking about. I can't remember word for word but The national obesity society only recommend people do vlcds for four months.

Sorry Lisy but just cos hes a doctor does NOT mean he knows what hes talking about when it comes to VLCDs. I agree youre probably better coming off it with the other issues and medication you have but these diets are NICE approved and are perfectly safe to do for MUCH longer than 4 months. Ive never heard of the 'National Obese Society' so Im reluctant to go by their guidelines if that is indeed what they say.

Sadly a lot of GPs are totally against these diets, largely because they dont fully understand them.

Best of luck with Slimming World though

Back