thinking of leaving exante for slimming world

No I just typed in vlcds into the search engine. I have to go now. As I'm tired of the whole subject.

No I just typed in vlcds into the search engine. I have to go now. As I'm tired of the whole subject.

:rolleyes: In that case you could find anything to support or go against a VLCD by just googling.

Personally I prefer to go by proper accredited sites with a good sensible safe knowledge of a VLCD as opposed to some site set up by goodness knows who, with possibly no knowledge of these diets.

Google can be a dangerous thing

Starlight said:
Probably wise.

Lots of doctors successfully lose weight using VlCD! But no one should do anything that they don't feel comfortable with. The NICE guidelines are very clear, it's safe.

The NICE guidelines are very clear, it's safe.

Exactly! I hate the scarmongering that goes on with VLCDs. Like you say noones asking anyone to do something they dont want to do, but for those of us who do want to do it, and want to do it long term, it would be nice to be able to without constantly having to defend our choices, especially on 'our' forum :mad:

Starlight said:
:rolleyes: In that case you could find anything to support or go against a VLCD by just googling.

Personally I prefer to go by proper accredited sites with a good sensible safe knowledge of a VLCD as opposed to some site set up by goodness knows who, with possibly no knowledge of these diets.

Google can be a dangerous thing

Probably means 'the National Obesity Forum'. It's for health professionals. They are not against VLCD either but suggest sensible use.

I completely agree. You only have to see how many people are having huge success on here. As said many times it is a personal thing and won't suit everyone so this should not put potential people to VLCD's out there off these types of plan. They certainly have their place and definitely will give amazing results if followed correctly and safely with lots of willpower thrown in too!

Starlight said:
Exactly! I hate the scarmongering that goes on with VLCDs. Like you say noones asking anyone to do something they dont want to do, but for those of us who do want to do it, and want to do it long term, it would be nice to be able to without constantly having to defend our choices, especially on 'our' forum :mad:

Exactly it's your choice. This is mine and I am delighted with it. No need to defend what is right for me. I feel better than I have done for years.

For everyone else - do what's right for you.

Yours - getting slimmer quickly!

I saw the same recommendation on the nhs24 website about VLCDs although they recommend 12 weeks. My take on it, and thats purely my take on it, this is the reason that we have AAMW. Other VLCDs have supervision, we don't. Therefore we are recommended to AAMW. As the other VLCDs can monitor then they can stay on it til at a healthy BMI. That's my opinion I could be wrong.

Googling isn't necessarily dangerous and and The National Obesesity Society didnt say with "sensible use". It's adviseable to follow it just for 4 months. I don't know. My doctor said to me and only me not to do the diet. I don't know if he is anti this. I'm just bothered about me and no one else and repeated what I have read. I personally am not against these diets. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought the packs. You can have my docs phone number if you like and tell him.

Starlight said:
I think thats just going to cause more confusion now :confused:

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with doing a VLCD for longer than that

Im a bit concerned the fact they have people like Anne Diamond as a trustee of their organisation..... looking at the background to a lot of their trustees Im not sure theyre who Id turn to for advice

Agree. hence the add a meal week. It's safe to continue. Exante give clear contraindications - follow the guidelines and it's safe.

Googling isn't necessarily dangerous and and The National Obesesity Society didnt say with "sensible use". It's adviseable to follow it just for 4 months. I don't know. My doctor said to me and only me not to do the diet. I don't know if he is anti this. I'm just bothered about me and no one else and repeated what I have read. I personally am not against these diets. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought the packs. You can have my docs phone number if you like and tell him.

Lisy I think we're all in agreement your circumstances are very different to anyone elses on here. Clearly Exante isnt the diet for you but for the rest of us - it is. My own GP is very happy with the results and for me to continue. Everyone else here is happy they have made the right decision with theirs and we will all continue on Exante for as long as we feel necessary.

Your doctor is obviously basing most of his judgements on your specific situation which is as I say unique to anyone else. Coming off Exante is obviously the right thing for you to do for many reasons

Best of luck with SW or whatever other diet you choose to follow

I'm a genius. Well, not really lol. They've got a bit on their FAQs on their website I read a few days explaining that it's because we aren't supervised. I could have taken the credit there lol.

I'm a genius. Well, not really lol. They've got a bit on their FAQs on their website I read a few days explaining that it's because we aren't supervised. I could have taken the credit there lol.

We'll kid on we didnt see this post jen and give you full credit for being the Exante genius with ofcourse equal credit given to GSQ ;)

Look at that a side effect noone mentions - Exante makes you a genius :giggle:

My friend is about to have a gastric band, and is on the pre-op diet. She has been told they only ask people to do it for 4-6 weeks as people find it extremely difficult to continue it for any longer ......unless your name is Starlight! :D

Also, about exante being able to be bought by anyone....I am overweight but can go and buy a high cal takeaway and no one thinks takeaways should be regulated. Kebab please....ok whats your bmi first? ;)

*takes a bow* I would proudly like to accept my genius award along side GSQ. I would like to thank my agent, the man who asked me if I was pregnant, minimins who have the best people ever, Exante and all of my fans. Without you all this award wouldn't have been possible!

Other Exante side effect? Delusional daydreaming :D

Which is what I said in previous posts. I'm not against vlcds far from it. I'm shaking like a leaf I hate confrontation. :cry: but I will defend myself as good as the next person. One day if I do this again and it's up to me at the end of the day whether I do this diet or not really inspite of doctors orders I won't be on here. I will do it alone. In fact I'm that stubborn I might do it just to prove to myself I can do it. When people say or advise not to do anything it makes me think haha I will.

My friend is about to have a gastric band, and is on the pre-op diet. She has been told they only ask people to do it for 4-6 weeks as people find it extremely difficult to continue it for any longer ......unless your name is Starlight! :D

Also, about exante being able to be bought by anyone....I am overweight but can go and buy a high cal takeaway and no one thinks takeaways should be regulated. Kebab please....ok whats your bmi first? ;)

:rotflmao: Love the idea of them asking your BMI in a kebab shop... can you imagine it.

Back