Thinking of restarting exante...

bisousbisous

I got a bit ill so blamed it on the diet, but my doctor put it down to stress, so i'd really like to get back on exante. My bmi is exantly 25 now I think, but isn't that still classed as overweight?
Do you think I should go on TS or WS... would going on TS be okay, but having the odd WS day? I only really want to be back on exante for 2 weeks to a month anyway.
I would really like to just be on TS again, it's soo much easier, but i'm scared it's a bit too unhealthy.. has anyone else been on TS at a bmi of 25?
Thanks xxxx

You aren't really meant to do TS if your BMI is less than 30, although just for one, maybe two weeks, i don't see that it can do much harm to you and you are not underweight/have anorexia or anything like that. I think you have to be strict with yourself though about making sure you work up the different plans or transition to normal eating again as i see some people on here at a normal weight who can't transition to normal eating at all and have a phobia of eating again (i feel nervous about this too although it's a long way off yet!). WS probably is a healthier option for you and although daunting, will help teach you how to handle food properly without losing control. But like i said, a couple of weeks at TS won't kill you and will get that last bit off fast if that is what you want. I'd just worry about what happens to you after that.

25 is technically overweight, yeh. The "normal" category is up to 24.9, which i can imagine you will get to with just 1lb, 2lbs max! Remember that you put water weight back on when refeeding though, especially if you eat carbs.

WS defo if you are thinking of restarting BI...you dont have very much to lose so maybe thats a better option for you this time round...I think the criteria is having a BMI over 25 and more than a stone to lose ..not completely sure..I know if i had a BMI of 25 i would defo do either WS or low carbing...Good luck with whatever you choose huni xxxx

I agree with Valentine. If I was you I would do WS. You can still expect monthly losses of 10lbs but you get to add a tasty meal! I would probably do a week of TS just to give me a kick start and then switch to WS. Good luck with whatever you decide to do! x

Thanks for all the great advice everyone! :) I'm thinking of doing 2 weeks TS, 2 weeks WS then come off it completely and just do healthy eating. Do you think this would be a good idea? xxx

To be honest, I know it's not what you're "meant to do" and others may disagree but I started Cambridge the first time at a BMI of 25 point something and went onto the TS equivalent. I think it's a good idea to do that to really kick start the diet personally :) x

I'm the same as Jubbs, so I agree on her point. :D

Back