Thinking of starting but scared

X Kelly X

Silver Member
Hi all

I'm thinking of starting s&s but I'm scared. I have a lot to lose and I have 2 holidays planned for next year. I really want to be slim for it but I'm scared if I lose too much too quickly on a diet like this then I will get saggy skin and problems with gall bladder.

Kelly

Have just bit the bullet and ordered 2 weeks worth a shaker and orange flavouring.
I have got delivery for tomorrow so hopefully will start tomorrow. Xx

Just go for it!!!

I'm on day 5 and although some days have been tough (yesterday) I'm seeing great results already when I got on scales today I had lost 6lb and I've not even been doing it that long!!
That worries me too about the skin but I just feel like saggy skin is better than being fat and unhealthy!
Also I have lots to loose..... I'm talking after my weight so ill be here a long long time!

Totally understandable - one thing to ask yourself is would you rather stay as you are, or would you rather be thinner with the possibility of some sagging? There are things you can do to minimise the sagging, you do get it, but it does improve with time. You might not even get any, there are a lot of factors that influence it, like your age, genetics etc. I've seen a huge improvement from moisturising every day, it's something I wish I'd started before the weight started to come off, I'm sure the sagging would have been even less if I had. Get plenty of water in too, that helps, and give it a little time. I'm sure in a years time I'll be just as happy in a bikini as I am to be wearing a 12 rather than a 22 :)

Unfortunately, sagging skin is down to your genes more than anything, but exercise and moisturising will help. And being a healthy weight and looking good has got to be worth the risk!

As for the gall bladder, you are more likely to get health issues if you are over weight or eat a poor diet, but if you are worried you get a general health check with your gp?

Back