Thinking of starting TS

berniegray242

Hi all!

I've been trying to lose weight since January with WW and SW (at different times of course!) but have only lost 1 stone after all this time and have only really lost 2 lbs over the last 2 months! I have tried very hard and have had no luck. I have done both diets correctly to the letter and have upped my exercise but to no avail. I even went to the dr who looked at a months food and exercise diary and said I shoud be losing weight. They ended up doing blood tests etc but couldn't find a reason for me not losing weight :( anyway... enough of my life story here's what I want to ask...

I'm getting married in 3 months and have 2 inches of my waist to lose to fit in my dress properly... I can still lose more weight after that (about 1 stone the dress maker said) and it can still be taken in sucessfully. I know I need to lose about 11lbs for the 2 inches so I'm hoping this will be possible with the total solution.

I would like to get started asap but the problem is that I'm going to be going to the Isle of Wight festival next week. I don't have a problem with sticking to the diet while I'm away (hopefully!!!) but I'm concerned I wouldn't be able to prepare the shakes... anyone got any suggestions?

I know that I will stick to the diet once I have set my mind to it the same as I didwith SW and WW and I'll ready to start NOW! I just want to get going!

Thanks for your help in advance

Bernie

Hiya Bernie

In theory you could lose 3 stone in 3 months :D
I know you wanna get started straight away but if your going to a festival is it really wise? How easy will it be to drink 2 litres of water at least while your there? And peeings a big problem at festivals ;)
It's up to you tho if you wanna start now then buy a shaker and take your shakes with you. You could have a shake first thing then take a bar for through the day then a shake later at night! you'll just have to buy lots of water :)
If it was me then I'd wait till I'd got back but it's totally up to you :)
If your only wanting to lose a stone and you've got 3 months, there's no great rush is there? hope I've not put you off lol xx

Tough one!! How many days off is the festival and how long does it las? If its over a week off I would start now and get losing those pounds and on the days of your festival I'd have a shake in the morning (save carrying around your shaker) and then two bars throughout the day (even though you should only have one!) and drink lots of water/coke zero etc. Good luck hun xx

Everyone's attitude is different to getting started, I would personally start before the festival because by the end of it you would have a considerable weight loss, the shakes are easy to make with a shaker so you could have 2 shakes and 1 bar per day, just make sure you're near the toilets, good luck whatever you decide.

BF

You sound like me hun - I have tried WW & SW this year as well, although you did a lot better than me, I only lost 3lbs!

I have ordered my Bumper pack from Exante and am starting on Monday, and I can't wait!

It's up to you when you start, I've chosen monday because I already had plans this wkend and knew I would end up eating and so ruin TS if I did start before then, so maybe starting after the festival would be a good idea? Unless you have really strong willpower (unlike me!) that is!

If you do decide to start before IOW fest, you can always make your shakes using a shaker x

Thanks everyone! I've decided I'm going to start before the festival - hopefully tomorrow if 'the packs start in the morning :D

I'm actually very excited... Is that wrong?!

Good luck to everyone else starting soon x

Well done for making an executive decision, only you could really decide and you will be chuffed when you see the scales drop and be glad u didn't wait. Good luck

BF

Oh god peeing like this at a festival!! Noooooo!!! you will be needing to pee about every 30-40mins if you are drinking enough water (if you don't drink enough you could get ill) :S I'd start when you get back, you'll lose that stone really quickly anyway :)

I'm a nurse and a seasoned festival goer... A bit of pee and poo doesn't frighten me! I would rather just get the weight moving!

I need to lose a stone to fit in my dress but would like to lose more than that before my wedding - as long as I don't lose more than 5 inches off my waist I'll be fine :)

Just got the email saying my parcel will be here by 10.13 so I will be starting today :D

Bernie x

I'm a nurse and a seasoned festival goer... A bit of pee and poo doesn't frighten me! I would rather just get the weight moving!

I need to lose a stone to fit in my dress but would like to lose more than that before my wedding - as long as I don't lose more than 5 inches off my waist I'll be fine :)

Just got the email saying my parcel will be here by 10.13 so I will be starting today :D

Bernie x

Good luck for today, problem solved if your a nurse you can fit a catheter for the festival lol

BF

Back