Thinking of stopping!!

CANKSTER

Silver Member
Afternoon all.

I am contemplating starting refeed. I have not reached the target set but I have started to get a little saggy skin!!!
My thoughts were i could stop, hit the gym get a little more toned and give my skin 3-6 months to recover and then crack on again with the last 2 stones.

When I started my weightloss in September i was in XXXL shirts, 19 work shirts and 44" waist jeans under the gut and 50" inch over the gut.

I'm now in medium size shirts (from CK1/ Topman!!!), 15 half work shirts, and 34 waist slim fit jeans over the guttette :p.

As I've lost over 100lbs by lipo/gym is it time to stop lipo and go back the gym?

My worry is if i get down to target I may end up very very saggy and unable to tone skin as i have gone to far. Do any of you who have lost loads have any experience of this.

Comments please i'm unsure on what to do??

Thank you all xxx

Oh and I popped some new pics in the me mams folder x

Last edited:
i am in no position to advice you as i was worried about this myself and im only just starting i just wanted to reply and say well done

you have lst so much and thats a real achievement and an insperation to us all

good luck with whatever you do and i hope someone can answer your question

Would you consider low carb? Atkins?

Can someone please help me started LT this morning, had a strawberry shake which i gagged throughout and then vomitted.
Then I have just had a chicken soup for my lunch not too bad but I am already saying I can't do this please help I am so desperate to lose weight. xxx

Hi lets hope, did you try adding a sweetner to the shake and I also only like them when they are ice cold so i put crushed ice in as well, also adding a bit more water so that they are not so thick.
But I must addmit I dont like the strawberry very much, I prefer the vanilla and chocolate.
YOU CAN DO IT just grit your teeth get through the first week and it all becomes much easier....

Afternoon all.

I am contemplating starting refeed. I have not reached the target set but I have started to get a little saggy skin!!!
My thoughts were i could stop, hit the gym get a little more toned and give my skin 3-6 months to recover and then crack on again with the last 2 stones.

When I started my weightloss in September i was in XXXL shirts, 19 work shirts and 44" waist jeans under the gut and 50" inch over the gut.

I'm now in medium size shirts (from CK1/ Topman!!!), 15 half work shirts, and 34 waist slim fit jeans over the guttette :p.

As I've lost over 100lbs by lipo/gym is it time to stop lipo and go back the gym?

My worry is if i get down to target I may end up very very saggy and unable to tone skin as i have gone to far. Do any of you who have lost loads have any experience of this.

Thank you all xxx

Hey babe - It really is up to you - if u are really happy with your weight now or not? You could stay on for 1 more stone and then you only have 1 more to loose on your own. 2 stone is a lot of weight to loose on your own?

Good luck and i hope u make the right decision for u xox

Thanks Judy,
I will stick with it I just hope it get's a bit easier.
I only got strawberry from the pharmacist as I don't like vanilla or chocolate in normal food, maybe I will try the others next week.
Thanks for your support. xx
Thanks for your support.

Cankster, I am not sure exercise alone will help with the skin sag issue, but fully understand your concern and think the plan to go for slower weightloss and allow your skin to catch up with your body is a good plan. Your stats now are pretty impressive, clothes fit wise especially, and sure you could maintain and look healthy at your current weight.

If I were you, I think I would like to get to around the 13st 7lb mark and then slow from there. Or possibly I would go all out for the BMI target, sod the consequences, and go for a tummy tuck if required when getting to goal. Skin is still reasonably elastic, and will surely shrink some more with you. Omega 3 oils are supposed to help a lot with healthy skin. Above all though, if there is a lot of lose skin, surgery is the only answer.

Thanks Judy,
I will stick with it I just hope it get's a bit easier.
I only got strawberry from the pharmacist as I don't like vanilla or chocolate in normal food, maybe I will try the others next week.
Thanks for your support. xx
Thanks for your support.

Hi Lets Hope,

I'm on my 2nd day and I don't like milkshakes at all so i've been having half of my vanilla shake in the morning at home and putting in a teaspoon of coffee and warming it up and then I have the other half around 10.30 again wiv coffee and for lunch I ad chocolate mousse which wasn't too bad... I was like you tho yesterday was gagging and heaving when having the strawberry.. will your chemist not change the flavours for you ??? Keep at it tho i've found today a lot easier than yesterday.

Good luck xx

well whatever you decide to do you look great but i think this is one you have to decide on ya own and mabe if you cant get the weight off do the gym and go back on it after you have tonned up good luck and let us know what you decide. xx

Lets hope, the shakes taste strange to start with coz of all the vitamins and minerals, your tastebuds change so it is worth trying the other flavours and retrying the strawberry in a week or so. I should listen to my own advice - I hated the soup in my first week and lived on just the strawberry but haven't yet had the courage to try it again!!! I do now have the chocolate shake and a vanilla with coffee cold for breakfast everyday!

Cankster, you are doing everything right. If I were you I'd up the toning but stick to LT till you are nearer your target then reassess. You are looking soooooooo good hun!

x

hey cankster!!
yeah, this is a worry for me 2 but have u thot about going to the gym now and carrying on with the LT? cos, then ur skin will be able to tone as you lose the weight. but,saying that, if the loose skin is a major worry for you, i'd stop the LT,go on the refeeding prog, and,yes, give ur skin some time to tone. i mean,what use is losing all that wght for u just 2b miserable due to lose skin?!!well done anyway!! u have done soo well and are an inspiration!

hmmm... its a tricky one! i feel the same, but gotta think how hard it is to motivate yourself to do such a strict diet, and in a couple of months time, do you think you'll have the willpower to start it up again once you've been eating? especially when you wont have as much to lose/ look fab enough to be either way about losing weight? if you think you will have the willpower, then go for it! if not- think about losing a little more on LT, then go for re-feeding! this might all be me jabbering...let us know what you decide to do!! x

Hiya hun

Ultimately it has to be what is right for you, your stats are amazing and you look wonderful. If you feel the time is right to give your body time to draw breath then go for it!

xx

Can someone please help me started LT this morning, had a strawberry shake which i gagged throughout and then vomitted.
Then I have just had a chicken soup for my lunch not too bad but I am already saying I can't do this please help I am so desperate to lose weight. xxx

Hey dont be disheartened:D This was my first full day and im struggling but i really want this! I gagged through all my meals so far but i found necking 2 gulps with my breath held then rinsing and swallowing water got it down.
If your a coffee fan put a teaspoonful into the chocolate one with a couple of sweetners helps!
You can do this trust me! If you want it bad enough that is :rolleyes:

As for Crank you are so inspirational. I have no clue what to do, maybe have a chat with your GP? You have come so far so i guess theres no rush to make a decision's!!! Good luck hun x

Afternoon all.

Thank you all xxx

Saggy skin can take up to 6 months to catch up!!
Its your desicion babe, personally i would do at least 1 more stone then see how you feel you may feel you dont need to go any further after all that toning at the gym!!
The choice is yours..but, getting back on lt is harder than when you fist start so make sure you give your desicion a lot of thought and make it the right one for you xxxxx
Loves ya hun

tthanks for all your comments and adice, tis really appreciated.

Have decided to crack on with it for a while and see how it goes, but gonna start going the gym as well.

Afraid you gonna have to put up with me a bit longer!

yay! AWEEEEEEEESOME! :) XXX

Back