Thinking of switching

CLUCKS

:confused:
I've got an appointment with CD Counsellor tomorrow morning??? I'm seriously considering changing from LL to CD from financial & flavour point of view. I find the packs very limited on LL & CD flavours and options look much more interesting.

I've still got 1 & half stone to lose which is coming off slowly and at £66 per week I'm finding it difficult financially.

Because I am not enjoying packs I've started cheating which is not something I wish to do! I'm back on track this morning so not worried about falling off the wagon.

Do you think this will be an ok thing to do????

Thanks for taking the time to read & reply to me xxx

:confused:
I've got an appointment with CD Counsellor tomorrow morning??? I'm seriously considering changing from LL to CD from financial & flavour point of view. I find the packs very limited on LL & CD flavours and options look much more interesting.

I've still got 1 & half stone to lose which is coming off slowly and at £66 per week I'm finding it difficult financially.

Because I am not enjoying packs I've started cheating which is not something I wish to do! I'm back on track this morning so not worried about falling off the wagon.

Do you think this will be an ok thing to do????

Thanks for taking the time to read & reply to me xxx

Hi Clucks
i know what you mean LL packs are not great (best thing to say I think :rolleyes: )I did Cd last year lost the same amount of weight at this stage and so it works the same.Can you do without the support of your group though?Thats one thing that gets me through as I needed support,though I suppose you can get support here?Just do what makes you happy I know the cost is awful especially this time of year!
Good luck with what you decide and your be at goal soon anyway!
XXC

Group support

I've got a diet buddy thats on the programme with me so I've got direct support there ;)
I've recognised that I'm an emotional eater & also realised that it's not the food it is me! I know if I want to eat more at the weekends then I must feed like a sparrow during the week - which I now enjoy doing it actually makes me feel in control :) .
I can't actually picture my life without packs being involved in some way shape or form, which if that's the case I'd rather go with the CD????
Oh dear - no one ever said it was going to be easy did they xxx
:rolleyes:

I think then you should go on CD I like the CD packs and I think after foundation I may go on CD again.Good luck Clucks
XXC

Thanks - I'm seeing lady tomorrow so I'll get the info then make decision later in the week. I'm just counting my LL packs to see how much I have & when I need to switch!
Catch up with you on your thread xxx

I've never done LL, the cost would put me off as would the counselling, I don't have closeted skeletons to discuss, just fat to lose. But I've seen so many posts here from people who originally did LL and swapped to CD, it must say something for the idea.
If you only have 1.5st to lose you may find the weight loss slows down a bit now, whatever system you use. You won't be allowed to SS on Cambridge once you hit healthy bmi and will have to go onto 790. I don't know what the stabilisation and maintenance plans on LL are like, CD have 6 steps in total (SS, AAM, 790, 1000, 1200, 1500) and then maintaining in whatever way suits you best. The principles once you get onto the higher intakes are GI based.
Good luck with this final stage of your diet, whichever route you take.

Thanks - I'm seeing lady tomorrow so I'll get the info then make decision later in the week. I'm just counting my LL packs to see how much I have & when I need to switch!
Catch up with you on your thread xxx

I think you'll do fab,looking forward to your CD losses :D :) :D
XXXX

I switched after two weeks on LL.... due to not really thinking LL was value for money and not liking any of the packs! Hated all the soups and only really liked chocolate and vanilla shakes! I am loving CD.. the only thing to consider is the counselling LL offers.. personally I didn't rate this... but there are a lot of people out there that do benefit from it.. so it kind of depends where ur head is really i guess, also of course the group is v helpful, my CD counsellor comes to my house with my food packs.. but of course Minimins takes the place of the group for me...... Personally I've never looked back!

Hope u make the right decision, good luck with your last 1 1/2 stone whatever you decide

Just out of interest how much is CD a week?

I think you have to feel comfortable with your diet and if you think you will feel more comfortable with CD than LL go for it! It's not like you couldn't change your mind later on.

I think you have to feel comfortable with your diet and if you think you will feel more comfortable with CD than LL go for it! It's not like you couldn't change your mind later on.

CD IS £30~£34 PER WEEK 'ISNT IT' ? DEPENDING ON YOUR COUNSELLOR???
SO ITS 1/2 THE PRICE X
XXC

CD does depend on counsellor, I pay £33.50 a week, if you're over 5ft 8 (or a man..) its a bit more coz u have four packs a day.. otherwise its 3 packs a day. The packs are slightly bigger than the LL ones, so if u use similar amount of water as LL then it makes them tastier and creamier

Hell fire it is a lot cheaper! Wish i'd known sooner! Do they have the same guidelines as LL? For example you have to have at least three stone to lose and a BMI of 29 or over? And do they still send you for a medical check up, etc?

I'm not sure on the guidelines Sarah, i'd already had my doctors check with LL, so they knew all this, they never sent me for another. You have to stop sole source when u get to BMI 25... but don't think there is a limit of being 29 or above.. i can't see anywhere in my booklets where it says this.. a CD counsellor may pop by and advise on that... sorry i couldn't help

Well I've been churning it over all day & decided I'm def going for the change - I'm not enjoying my packs, struggling with the water so really need to switch!
Thanks all of you for your helpful comments.
I'll let you know how I get on 2 morr
Luv Clare xxx

Good luck with the change over, this just might be the refresh ur body needs to get to goal!!!

keep us posted!

Love

Gen xx

Is there a penalty for switching from LL to CD before the 14 weeks is up? I had to sign a form in the LL book to commit to 14 weeks at the start? Thanks
Beth
x

Is there a penalty for switching from LL to CD before the 14 weeks is up? I had to sign a form in the LL book to commit to 14 weeks at the start? Thanks
Beth
x

so did I.. but the counsellor just said she couldn't stop anyone leaving.. the thing in the book is more of a committment to yourself rather than them.

I switched to Cambridge after doing the foundation programme with LL. I have never regreted my decision. I lost 5 stone with LL and another 6 with Cambridge.
The guidelines are different for CD. You don't have to have at least 3 stone to lose, you have to be BMI 25 or over with at least one stone to lose for SS. The other programmes are different.
You don't have to see your GP (although you are advised to) unless you are on medication or have an illness. Obviously there is more to it than this, and you can find a Counsellor to discuss these, and other issues with on Cambridge Diet home page
Ann x

I'm all excited about it again - I'm seeing my counsellor just after I drop the kids off tomorrow morning. Which means I can do a straight switch if I am able to etc etc.

Back