Thinking of trying S&S for a change...

ButtonsTheSuperCat

Silver Member
Need to order another months worth of sachets, have done three months Exante and when I just went on their website, a little part of me went urghhhhh. I've gone off most the soups and am not keen on the new meals - I really don't want to lose track due to boredom. So thought what about having a couple of weeks on S&S. Has anyone else done this and what did you think of it?!

(I'm staying on the Exante forum tho, made too many good friends here to leave!)

I did SnS and am thinking of trying Exante. I can only say that the meals/shakes and bars on SnS are really very tasty. it was my first VLCD and I was expecting it to be horrrrrible but I was very pleasantly surprised! Im not a soup person and didnt like them...but that's just me. I think that youre actively trying to stop yourself going off the rails completely and its definitely worth a try!

HTH x

Hey Buttons!!! Welcome back!!! I switched over to slim and save after 1 week on exante! I liked everything but was lured over by 4 meals a day and the bars!!! :) highly recommend it! You might find the shakes (esp the berry flavoured and banana flavoured ones) a bit artificial tasting. In fact I can't drink their banana shake - and I so loved the exante one!!! But aside from that I absolutely love the variety (though I'm super fussy so can only have a few things). Get the weeks sampler pack and see what you think. :)

I keep on the exante boards as well cos I love the people. It's pretty quiet too on the slim & save boards at the moment :(

Let us know what you decide!!! You may like that you've a small vege allowance and milk allowance each day so you can have some 'real food' - and you need it when having the cheesy pasta! ;) everyone I've seen on here who looked at switching were glad they did.

I bought a different one again that ryhmes with whoosh. Have to say I do much prefer Exante although I did like the tikka meal they had. Find the shakes too sweet, whereas Exante ones are less so and much creamier I find? x

I tried s&s in the past. Prefer Exante :)

I am torn! I like the Exante taste but I really like the idea of four 'meals' a day, it might stop me snacking on ham. I think I'll order some and see how it goes.

Get the sample pack, you'll know pretty quickly!!! I've only had one soup from it and it wasn't bad. Tis not the weather for it though :)

4 packs a day is like heaven plus you get 'chocolate' bars!!! :) though they make me want to eat more :(

Yeah I'd have to avoid the bars, they always make me hungry, plus I don't really want to get into the habit of eating chocolate bars! I'd never stop ;-)

Woohoo!!! Good luck!!! You'll probably get yours way quicker than I get mine :( takes 2 business days to get to Ireland, but it's still pretty quick!

Yeah those bars do get tempting but the lemon and the muesli ones are lovely too :)

I should get it tomorrow. Can't wait. Yesterday was really tough. Could do with that extra sachet. I don't want to go back to work today either :-( Got post holiday blues!

Just got my SandS order. Tried a bar and omg its lovely! Glad I only got four tho as I wouldn't be able to help myself!!

OK so managed to scoff three of the four bars already! (Knew I wouldn't be able to resist sweet bars) And had the shepherds pie for dinner. Not sure what to make of it. It was tasty, and a bit more like 'real' food, sure I could feel the texture of potatoes, but the meat (or whatever it is) was a bit chewy. I know it sounds weird, but S&S being more like real food makes me feel like I'm cheating! I know I will probably get used to the difference tho. I have been quite lucky with my sample pack, there's only two things in there I don't think I'm going to like (curry and chilli). So far so good! :)

Curry and chilli are gorgeous :)

I find the cottage pie a bit bland so add a wee bit bullion powder

How amazing are the bars compared to Exante :)

Re: Thinking of trying S&S for a change...

Are the bars as substantial? They look smaller and more compact than exante..

Re: Thinking of trying S&S for a change...

Lol I always think that about the chocolate orange bar as it's chocolate! I suppose if you can have more than one a day it wouldn't be a bad thing if they were a bit smaller?

They are considerably smaller but heavier/denser but quite filing. The thing that bothers me is that they are like proper chocolate bars, which is something I don't want to be in the habit of eating/craving regularly anymore.

Back