Thinking of trying 'The Fast Diet' completely new to fasting

EatenMess

Hiya All,

I'm seriously considering buying The Fast Diet book and giving this a go instead of returning to slimming world. While i love slimming world and pretty much know it inside out and if i stick to it 100% i know it can work for me. However i have founf myself yo-yo dieting with SW again. I'm finding it all too consuming worrying about amounts etc(ie on sw you are 'allowed a choice of healthy extras such as cereal, milk, bread, cheese etc, and so many syns to use on 'treats' a day'. I've found myself eating things i don't want / need to use my syns (such as crisps / chocolate and wine and then having more).

Anyway my point is, I think i could easily manage planning and fasting on 2 days and i just wondered what type of foods / how much people eat on fasting days.

Thanks in advance xx

Hi EatenMess. I've done SW too and have found it really good but I just needed a change to get me back to target. According to Dr Mosely in the Fast Diet book, you are supposed to eat a quarter of your recommended intake. It helps in determining this if you look up your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) on one of the online calculators, like the following - TDEE Calculator - thefitgirls Once you arrive at a figure divide it by 4. I'm on 400 cals a day.

Re what to eat, a lot of people eat just once a day - at teatime so they don't go to bed hungry.. I eat three small eals a day as that suits me better. It's good to eat high protein as that fills you up more per calorie than carbs. Any more quaestions just shout!

Back