**Thinner Thursday** HOUR BY HOUR

Caz

Repeat Offender
Good morning all!

Hope you guys don't mind me making this morning's post, didn't see one so thought I would.

Last night I was seriously seriously craving some junk food. We have a shop just opposite and I was tempted to go and buy chocolate or something. Instead, I just distracted myself with cooking dinner. After that the shop was closed and I found I didn't want it anyway. It's just shown me again that actually I do have the willpower to resist these things, I'd just forgotten about it!

I started on the pill the end of last week, for non sexual reasons, and was warned that it can increase appetite at first. I've managed to so far avoid giving in to that which I was rewarded with a 5lb loss this week, so I'm happy. Just got to keep at it.

My goals for today:
Drink 2.5L
1hr on the Wii Fit
And totally O/T finish my assignment!

Hope you all have fabulous days whatever you're doing, I'm sure I'll be popping in and out!

well done for resisting hun :D
this week has been one of my worst in ages and yet looking back now one of my best :)
had a few stresses with work, my period had been 2 weeks late and to be honest with every day late I seem to get more and more stressed, My little boy started back at nursey after having so long off with his asthma and then the holiday ): (I don't like him going would much rather have him at home with me) and lets throw in a little man trouble to add for good measure, Oh and my rubbish loss dispite being 100% :(
all in all a rubbish week :( but............. I have stayed 100% I am actually so proud of myself I'm more proud of that than what I have lost in weight, I have done it without even thinking about raiding the fridge or the cupbords once, I never in a million years thought that food wouldnt be my biggest comfort :)
I admit yesterday I would of really loved a glass of wine but no I didnt :) yay me
and as well as that my period has now arrived, my work situation is sorted, the man one never will be lol and my scales are starting to look more friendly today
Happy thursday everyone I hope you have a great day
xx

Thanks ladies :)

You really should be proud with sticking to it, it's a big deal when you have that tough a week!

Well done Misspk, a lot of us find pmt a real battle to stay off the carbs, and I am so with you on the wine craving. Know what you mean that being in control of your eating means more than the weight loss,seems to give us more self-respect.

Well done for resisting :)

My Mum knows I'm dieting but not doing CD and she was telling they had just ordered Chinese food and proceeded to tell me the entire menu they had ordered. I was almost drooling over myself :eek:

I'm on day 11 and had no slip ups so I'm quite pleased with myself x

well done Jools the talk of food has me drooling too lol xx

morning girlies, hope everyones having a good one

well done on resisting girls ( is it just me or does it sound like a pro ana site round here sometimes, lol )

well ive woken up stiff and in pain round my hips today, no idea why so im on the sofa in a blanket with 2 litres of water next to me

keep gluggin Claire hope your hips feel better soon, and yes I'm so with you on that pro ana comment pmsl :)
xx

Thank to all of you who kept fingers crossed for me yesterday for today's WI - I have done it! 3 stones gone!!!!

Carolina & misspinkkat - well done on resisting temptation! It must have been hard work.

yay again Alixice :) well done, your doing fab
thanks hun but I didnt even have the temptation lol actually thats what amazed me :)
xx

Morning Ladies! Caro - lovely to have you back and starting threads again! Thinking of you today hun, big hugs x x x Kat - we all have weeks like this hun, but stay strong. Try and remember your reasons for doing cd - the results of 'good weeks' are sooooo worth the pain of resisting the food! Claire, I hope your hips are better soon hun. I've started recently experiencing horrid back pain, i think it's down to my boobs not shrinking with the rest of my body, bloody nuisance. TattyMoo - LOL I know exactly how you feel, my Mum is always forgetting. (bless her!) Nevertheless each evening when she promptly calls at 7pm *sigh* I get the low down of her evening meal and how nice it was!!!! Followed by "ooh I'm sorry love" Chinese doesn't phase me tbh, I wish that was the case for Indian food though - how I miss a good lamb bhuna! :( Anyway, today I am freeeeeezing my socks off. Arrived in work and my lips were blue. So have my hand firmly round a mug of black coffee. I ordered some liquorice tea from online yesterday. I love liquorice, and wanted a different type of tea so thought I'd give it a good go! Cant wait! I plan on doing a Charlie Brooks Fitness DVD in my lunch break today (Had it years, but has been collecting dust, so whipped it out for a change to fitness coach). I go home for lunch atm so that I can avoid the staffroom. At work the women seem to be going through a 'homemade soup' phase, and the smells are just so YUM! I have to get myself out, out, out!!!! lol

OMG, it is so nice to hear you girlies talking about this stuff, and for me not to feel like a complete leper and pleb for trying my damnest to avoid the devil-carbs!
I have found the last few days so hard, and even ate some bombay mix last night in a way to try to satisfy my curry-craving without going full-out on the works..... still not good though.
I am heartily glugging away on Highland Spring Organic sparkling water (BOGOF in tesco) which is lovely, but I am hungry as a result of not succeeding at getting back into ketosis on return from hols.
I am also off to the cinema tomorrow night which is always hard. I try to get away with a big black coffee (usually minging) and water..... still, need to focus, focus, focus!!!
Claire x

Hi Claire - I went to the cinema last night, while my hb scoffed popcorn one side of me and brother in law haribo sweets on the other side. I was so engrossed in the film though it didn't bother me much! Enjoy the cinema hun x x AlexIce - I think we cross posted hun - well done on your 3stone 1lb loss!!!! I bet you are feeling amazing, and so you should, BE PROUD! Hugs x x x

take a tetra or a bar ( bars cut em into small bits and freeze em before you go ) and a litre of water and you'll be grand

If i drunk a litre of water while watching the film, i'd miss half the film as I'd be in the loo!!

Hello daily threaders

Well after a hideous day I do seem to be feeling much more in control today. Decided to work from home today - which allowed a bit more of a lie-in. Now taking my lunch break with the Loose Women and will have the first of my four food-packs.
Well done alexice on achieving the 3 stones plus milestone, I did that last week and it was just brilliant.
So glad that the rubbish week is now over for you misspinkcat and hope that you will be feeling better summayah. These strange aches and pains - for me it was lower back pain this morning, often an indicator of TOTM. Claire, well done on limiting cravings to a bit of Bombay mix when it could have otherwise been the full curry.
I thought yesterday was really the end of me and CD (or I would have to start the whole process of getting back into ketosis) - I feel so fortunate that I had a sympathetic colleague with me who kept me away from food (I often work in community settings as the only representative of my organisation - and would have gladly tucked into the grub around me)
I can only say to people that if you think you need to eat, please please don't! Have an extra pack if thats an option, you never know, the next day might be one of those breezy and optimistic hunger free types where you can happily manage on one less. Thank goodness these kind of days are relatively rare.

Those of you who know I like shopping won't be surprised that I have rewarded myself with lovely 'flame' (orange) kipling handbag from QVC at less than £40, paying off in 4 easy installments (see how I try to justify my spending).

Venice in less than 48 hours, can't wait! x

I haven't drunk much of anything today, whoops! I probably won't be on my wii fit either as I ended up going and getting a tattoo on my foot which I hadn't planned to do today, as you do! But I will work on the water though!

Back