Third time lucky....I hope

frugal fifer

Silver Member
Well I, like many people have struggled with my weight for most of my adult life and as the big 40 looms closer, I really want to start enjoying life and be happy with myself. I first did slimming world years ago in the days of corned beef and tinned macaroni cheese.... I am sure some of you will have eaten enough of those things to last a lifetime!
Life got in the way and it was not till last year that I really thought it was the right time for me to do this weight loss thing, I was doing it myself by using some books and being careful and lost 2st, when life settled down a bit I was able to go back to class and lost a further 1st, then came Christmas, car trouble and other issues and you guessed it the weight crept back on, so here I am hoping it will be 3rd time lucky.
I joined a different class last week and have found loads of inspiration from reading the different posts here on this fab site, I have a long journey ahead of me and a lot of weight to loose, but I know it is possible, especially with SW......wish me luck;)

Hi frugal fifer
I joined the forum this morning, but have been currently doing SW for 10 months. I did it years ago too and know what you mean.
This time feels different for me as I am more interested in slow, sustainable loss rather than a quick fix.
Have you tried the 'Extra Easy' days yet? These to me are a revelation! Especially as you can get a bit weary of the old ways you may have got stuck in last time.

Good luck on your journey. Think positive and love yourself for who you are NOW, but look forward to what you can achieve.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks cocktailprincess, I am new to this forum too and have found it really useful and full of real people with practical hints and tips. I had my first weigh in since going back after Christmas and was pleased to have lost 4.5 lbs, this was mostly on the EE with one take away - which I was careful about so all in all areally good loss. You are right about it being a slow long term thing, I am the same this time too.

I really must get a weekly meal plan done this week, I work in a school and the school dinners are on a fortnightly rota, I think it will help me to do something similar in advance so I can shop and even do some batch cooking. I got a new fridge freezer yesterday and it is smaller than my old one so I won't be able to stockpile like I used to, which is no bad thing!
I have struggled over the last couple of days as I had to defrost the old one, beans and eggs with sw chips was my saviour last night. After several bad attempts I am getting the hang of the chips, dd#3 loves them.
Still sticking to EE days most of the time, aiming for a month to compare previous weight loss on green days which I mainly did before.

Not having a brilliant weekend, lots of life decisions need to be made and the urge to turn to comfort food is getting stonger, I am trying so hard not to do it,and am sure I will feel better and stronger if I don't. Have stuck mainly to plan and used a few extra syns, still really liking the EE days, but do miss the extra hex b some days. Must get that menu done by the end of today!

welcome to the site and good luck with the plan you seem to be doing great ,planning ahead I find really helps .I am starting again after a bad week last week but gonna give it my best shot .I will be 40 next year and think ive been gaining and loosing the same 2 stone for the last 25 years lol

I have such a warped body image mummy2beslim, too the point that I hate getting pictures taken and have none of me with my children. I have lost 3 st, the first 2 myself following the plan roughly at home, the last one by going to class - only another 6 or so to go, but I think SW is the most realistic long term plan and I love them for not making me set a target on my first visit as other clubs do, if they had done that I know I would have thought I would never do it.
Weigh in tomorrow, and if I have time i will post my weeks meal plan here so I can check it when I need to.

Lost another 1lb this week, if I am honest I would have liked more, but it is my star week and I did eat a few slices od the cake my 10yr old made for my birthday, so really it was a bonus to loose anything. My consultant was pleased and said I could maybe get my 1/2 stone award next week - 1.5 off to get that. It is motivating when you know you can get to a check point like that. I have almost lost the weight I had put on since Christmas and January. Still having mainly EE and green.

Hi Novax, thats the good thing about this site, there is a wealth of support and information to keep you motivated, and you will find someone else who is feeling/has felt the same way. I try and keep a diary as it is interesting to see what you have eaten over a day. I am working on a meal plan for evening meals to help keep the food bills down too. I am lucky to get a free lunch every day at work, there is always home made soup or a baked potato.

hey welcome and well done. ive re started SW three times in the last year, I lost three and a half stone, put a stone and a half back on, lost a bit more, put some on, lost a bit more, stayed the same for a while, then restarted about a month ago and have so far lost 10 pounds (which with a weekend away and valentines meal out, and cheating a fair bit) is not bad lol! good idea bout the planning of meals, i do that sometimes and do stick to the plan better if ive done a meal plan xxx

I have had not too bad a week so far and weigh in is tomorrow. I was really pleased with myself when we went to ikea at the weekend and OH and dd#2 had meatballs and a hotdog, but I resisted and came home to a nice plate of home made potato and leek soup.
I am hoping to up my activity levels over the next few weeks to help tone up the flab!

Lost another 1 lb at weigh in, I keep reminding myself that even just 1 lb a week = almost 4 stones over a year. I had a lovely meal of homemade meatballs and tomato sauce the other night, it is so good to be able to eat the same as the rest of the family on SW, I know someone who is doing scottish slimmers and is fed up with all the weighing of her food, I am so glad I rarely have to measure anything. Aiming for 2lbs this week if I can.

Bit late in updating this but I lost 2.5lb this week and got my 1/2 stone award. I am aiming to change the big number this week then my target will be 1 stone. Still really liking the EE and have never felt like I have gone without.

well done you are doing fab x

lost 2.5 last night which makes 11lb in 5 weigh ins so I am really pleased, especially as I changed my stone number. It has taken me ages to get to that point, I was only a couple of lbs away at Christmas then went off plan. Since I started myself it has been 3 1/2 stones in the past year - my blip at Christmas seems so far away and I am focused to get my stone award in class in the next couple of weeks. I took DD last night as part of the free 2 go thing they do. Consultant never talked to her about the plan, but made her really welcome. We will only weigh her once a month, but she is really keen.

lost 2.5 last night which makes 11lb in 5 weigh ins so I am really pleased, especially as I changed my stone number. It has taken me ages to get to that point, I was only a couple of lbs away at Christmas then went off plan. Since I started myself it has been 3 1/2 stones in the past year - my blip at Christmas seems so far away and I am focused to get my stone award in class in the next couple of weeks. I took DD last night as part of the free 2 go thing they do. Consultant never talked to her about the plan, but made her really welcome. We will only weigh her once a month, but she is really keen.

Well done on your loss:talk017:

Back