Third Time Lucky...!

Fair enough if it's allowed, just mentioning it as I know quite a few got kicked out of ketosis from any kind of fruit flavoured water. They all tried it as an experiment one week. but then again I didn't do it so they could have been fibbing lol.

Just trying to help as I know how horrible getting into ketosis can be.

A small amount of protein or cheese will keep you in ketosis if you need to eat something. Anything allowed on the plan that includes one meal will keep you in ketosis still so even if you decide to keep to the packs only plan if you really want a snack of real food you could without worrying

I had a strawberry shake this morning and then ha soup planned for lunch but my mum wanted to take me or lunch. So we went for a walk for about 1.5 hours and I then had a prawn and roasted pepper salad - pretty sure that was the best option available!

Thought about saying no but mum really wanted to and actually, I need to know that there are things I can have if I go out.

Think that was a good idea?!

Year 1/2 is AMAAAAAZING!! I love them!! Hope you enjoy it :) Year 2 is my main placement and I'll be back there from the 30th of April so we can be excited/moan about 6-7 year olds together!

Aaron is always (well sometimes!) moaning about the Exante boards on here. They're very quiet, full of moaners and no-one lasts long around there apparently! Generally anyway lol

I don't think the prawn salad would have done any harm. When I was on the refeed programme I was still in ketosis for the first 2 weeks which was just protein and salad.

Sometimes you just need to eat real food. Lots of people in my group used to take their soup to restaurants but I would never have done that. I go to a restaurant to enjoy the food lol.

You made the best choice you could have made, did you enjoy it?

As you should still be in ketosis and if you enjoyed it then you done the right thing for your situation. Yes you could have said no but life isn't all about saying no. Sometimes you have to just go with it. Just think, if you weren't on exante right now would you have picked the prawn salad, or would it have been anything you wanted within your calorie allowance? See you made the right choice for the situation you were in for the plan you're on. If you were doing the plan with one meal it would have been within plan.

I was good as gold on packs but when it came to the 12 week refeed programme where you learn about food and portion control I pushed the boundaries all the time as I knew it was the best time to do so and learn.

A prawn salad is never going to be a bad choice. Well they are for me as I can't stand prawns lol but they are a great food to eat.

Isn't working solution a meal that's up to 400 calories and low carb? Well prawn salad fits into that, there's practically no carbs there and prawns are very low calorie so you should still be in ketosis chick :)

Had a bit of a nightmare last night - for some reason I really wanted food and I caved. I wasn't hungry - I just wanted food.

Today I have been better! Had a vanilla shake for breakfast. We went to the zoo with the school so I walked around for hours and hours! I knew I would be walking a lot so I took some chicken and 2 babybel lights too as they are high protein, minimal carbs, and I also had my usual bar. Tonight I am having tomato soup.

Tomorrow I am going out for dinner - not sure what to do. We are going to a Beefeater so foodwise there is plenty of choice. But.... it's the temptation!! I know I won't be able to stick with a salad but I might ask for a steak? And try to have it with veg.

Thursday and Friday are fine but Saturday is going to be tough too. I am going to be baking all day for a Mother's Day gathering on the Sunday - and I have some amazing recipes to use!! I have been going on Pinterest - I don't know if any of you have used it? I'm addicted! I have found so many recipes on there, mostly from America, and I am going to try them out.
Anyway... so I'll be baking on Saturday and will try to avoid that temptation! Then I am going out for a few drinks with my friend - I'm going to have vodka and really try to only have a couple as apparently it effects you a LOT on exante.

I'm also having dinner at hers and was going to take around a couple of the things I bake.

Sunday is obviously Mother's Day and I have no chance basically!! So may just write the day off. Which is a shame!!

That's why I couldn't do a VLCD anymore, too unsociable and I'm rubbish at saying no!

How about something like a chicken salad tomorrow? Low calories, pretty much no carbs so it would count as a Working Solution day.

I'd say be careful with the alcohol too, remembering that you'll have very little in your system to soak it up. But whatever you do on any of those days, hope you have fun!

Hope everything's going ok Amy?

Thanks for checking in on me Caroline!

Everything is fine with me... apart from the diet! AGAIN!

I did Exante on Monday successfully and then Tuesday came and I went to the zoo. Decided to take some protein with me in the form of chicken and cheese and then I just went downhill. I was getting embarrased of eating only a bar at lunch time in front of people. They were asking qustions and I didn't want to answer them!

I should have then gone to CC but I didn't .... I've just been bad.

So, I am back at uni now for 5 weeks (I do have a few nights out planned) but I have no meals out planned as of yet and so the only issue is going to be a couple of nights where I drink, and I am hoping that the lack of food means I will want to stop after a few drinks! Plus I will be dancing A LOT!

So, from tomorrow I am back on Exante. I have only basic food in my cupboards and have stocked up on Bouillion, Dr Pepper Zero and strawberry flavoured water and AM going to do this!

A total food replacement diet is HARD. I know that I wouldn't be able to do it again. It's fine when you can just remove all temptation but it makes social stuff hard. I guess the thing for you to remember is that you're only doing it for a month to kick start you so maybe you can put the social stuff on hold for a little bit? Can still do social stuff, just not the food/drink related kind!

Carolines right hun, what you are doing is SO hard. Don't beat yourself up about not managing it 100%.
Perhaps try looking at it a week at a time, breaking down makes it feel more manageable.

Yeah I think it is good to look at it as a week at a time. I have a party this weekend that I have to go to, and one the next weekend. They are both going to involve drinking and I do want to drink too as otherwise I won't feel confortable!

However, that is all the temptation I have coming up so I think I should be OK.

I definitely won't be continuing this following the end of the box of packs... calorie counting is definitely the way forward, I was just hoping this would kick start me. By the time this has finished, I will be back on placement anyway so will want to be CCing again then.

Ok... Off I go!

I've almost had 1.5 litres already this morning and haven't had a shake yet. Will wait until I am hungry.

I am hoping it will be better this time around - I have the knowledge now of the bouillon which will help me out, and the strawberry water which will make sure I am drinking enough.

Also I have dr pepper zero but I am going to allow myself two glasses a day and only if I finish 3 litres of water. Before I was letting myself have as much as I wanted which wasn't healthy!

Plan for today is shake for breakfast, soup for lunch and bar for dinner. Not sure what flavours - will do a lucky dip!

Ive got an essay to finish today so won't be leaving my room until its done!

Sounds like you've got it all planned out, good luck!!

Back