This could be the start of something...

Ooh that's how I felt last night - cautious! lol
fingers x'd you are announcing arrival of baby soon ((hugs))

any news????

xx

sorry guys no real news yet except I have been purposely doing stuff standing up, including being on the computer and have periodically been swinging my hips and doing sumo wrestler stances!!! all I can say is that baby has been moving loads, my bhicks have redoubled and I have had 2 very loose bowel movements (sorry tmi!), also there feels like there is more pressure down below. I am waiting for hubby to get home then we are going out for a mackie dees, a quick trip to b&q then home again, I will be spending the evening hopping from one foot to the other and keeping active. I am in a lot better spirits today and am keeping my fingers crossed and my 'pelvis open' lol!

All sounds promising especially the build up of bh's as I noticed that for sure. ((hugs)) keep walking definately helped me too! lol ;)
#Fingers x'd for you hunny - maybe we'll do a straight swop of dates and you'll have your LO on Sunday! lol that would be weird wouldn't it!
Remember the hypno too x

oooooh i hope i hope!! fingers crossed last night something spectacular happened!

xxxx

to be honest I feel teary and fairly defeated. They tried to do another sweep today, but cervix very soft but not favourable, it's supposedly still like turtle neck jumper not a ring donut. Also baby's head not engaging at all. Looks like I am spending my Christmas in hospital at this rate. I thought being induced on the 23rd I might be home by Christmas, but my mw thought it unlikely, said I would be in for observation for 24 hours once I had a pessary then they would break the membranes probably sometime Christmas eve and then I would be kept in for as long as it takes. She said to basically right off Christmas and expect to be in hospital for several days. This has made me feel really tearful and hopeless. Have tried everything I know to help her to come out. But my cervix is soft but tight shut and baby doesn't seem to be able to get her head in the right place. I hate this. I really hate this. The longer this goes on, the more worried I am that it will end badly. I don't know what to do. Probably need more sleep, the lack of it isn't helping. Right get some lunch, get more sleep

Deep breaths Angie. The procedure for induction (everywhere) is prostaglandin pessary, then re-examination after 6 hours. If your cervix is soft now, then 1 pessary could well be all you need. At that re-examination, if they can break your waters then they will and labour should progress pretty quickly (my first was 4 hours 20 minutes after waters broken and one pessary). If they can't break your waters, then its another pessary and another 6 hour wait, which depending on protocol at your hospital may then mean you are left overnight till first thing the next day as some hospitals won't progress to breaking waters after 5-6pm.

It may be that you don't need a pessary, and can have your waters broken straight away (which is what I did). It seems odd that they could do a sweep a couple of days ago, but not today? Was it the same midwife? When I was first examined pre-induction the day Charlie was born the midwife said I was 4-5cm, then re-checked and she has been feeling in the wrong place! Was only actually 2cm.

Inductions don't have to be a long painful drawn out process, both of mine were very quick and I managed on just gas and air for both. Both were born the same day they were started.

If things do drag on over christmas, then you'll have to do what us women do best, pull your socks up and get on with it. Its only another day, you can celebrate christmas whenever you want, but you only get to deliver this baby once x

Thanks guys, just feeling very blue this afternoon.

I have had 2 attempted sweeps, one by a consultant last week and one by my midwife today. They were not successful as they couldn't get to the membranes as my cervix is posterior and baby's head too high up (their explanation to why it didn't work).

And it is not that I am missing Christmas that I am upset by. I think I have posted this somewhere before but I have really bad associations with my local acute hospital. My mum was there 4 years ago in the ward above the maternity wing. She spent her last Christmas on earth there, waiting for surgury that was successful, but she got Mrsa in the January and took a long time to die after 2 months post surgury, on that bloody ward. Some of the staff there were angels, some were absolute *****es. I should have complained but I had not fight left in me (my father had also just died of a heart attack, I last saw him alive on Christmas eve). I was working in the hospital at the time and was not well supported by the management.

So I hate that place. Period. I wouldn't chose to spend any time there, let alone several days and certainly not on Christmas, which has been a difficult time since my parents died.

I am also sad that my baby will be born on Christmas. Little love, I wanted her to have her own special day.

But it is looking like it is going to have to be this way. She is going to be large, she is already overdue, she doesn't seem to be able to make her own way out/my body is hanging on to her. I would not risk her health to be induced after Christmas, she has been in too long already. I can't risk the chance that the placenta being that bit older and her that bit bigger won't affect her. So yes I will have to pull myself together. But every day since her due date I have been encouraged by the new day and a chance of her coming out naturally. but by every evening I am despondent that my body isn't working properly and she can't get out. I will feel better by tomorrow morning because it will be another chance.

Last edited:
Try to be positive Angie and think of how special it would be to have your beautiful baby born on the most special of days - a christmas day baby would just be lovely!

Although baby wouldnt have 2 special days a year, what a magicla day to say you have as the day you were born...

it might be what you need to remove the negative memories of christmas, and bring some joy back to this time of year...

Sending lots of inducing thoughts to you regardless and heres to a safe and quick labour hopefully starting now!!

xxxxxxx

Back