This has to be it!!

My first day on VLC and had to improvise as my package from Exante doesn't arrive till Monday. So rather than use that as an excuse to binge b4 then I found an unused Atkins shake to use till Monday. Found it quite hard today as limited my coffee intake too because of the milk. But I survived ? and I feel good! If a little peckish! My story is this
I have been overweight for the last 20+ yrs I was slim when younger but was very active. I married in 91 and the weight crept on. 5 pregnancies and 6 children later I now weigh in at 20st 6lb! (Although my heaviest was 23st 3lb) I have tried nearly every diet there is and just need to take food out of the equation for a while.
So here I go , as the title says this has to be it! I'm overweight unhealthy and unhappy and nearly 50 now is the time to change and then I can wear a killer dress at my 50th ! ?
Wish me luck!
Julie x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello Julie and welcome.

That is great that you are getting started before your packs have even arrived!! You will look fab at 50!

5 pregnancies and 6 children...you have twins? x

Yep my 3rd pregnancy had a BOGOF ? just weighed myself this morning and 20st 1lb I know most of that is water but what a boost ? has put me in the right frame of mind to cope with today. Dieting in the holidays is usually difficult but even more so now as with 6 boys in and out with work etc there seems to be someone eating all the time!! However I have a friends wedding on 16-11-13 and have already bought the dress ( and the shoes and bag to match) so that's my first little target . I have plentiful supplies of coke Zero luckily its currently on offer in Tescos :)
Here's to another successful day ?

Hi Julie! I've just finished my first week and feel fantastic. Won't lie, I've struggled with feeling hungry but have made sure I've been drinking 4 litres of water a day so haven't really suffered from any headaches or other symptoms. I'm on day 8 now and definitely feel like the hunger pangs have subsided a bit and am full of energy. I've found this forum to be a real source of inspiration when the tough times have hit, keep going and good luck! Emma xx

Another day down tried Pasta Carbonara for tea what I got to eat was good however managed to explode it round my microwave lol maybe I will try a pan next time :)
Another good day and even resisted the cake my 14yr old son made too!
Have a very bubbly tummy am I over doing the water flavouring maybe?
Made my breakfast vanilla shake with 2 shots of expresso ... yummy :) Will do that again x
Julie

Weighed myself today and another 4lb off!! Can this be happening? I have lost 10lb since Thursday :) I know that my future losses will not be so dramatic but I am pleased so far :)
Julie x

Hi and welcome. You're doing brilliantly!

Ive had 2 days away in London and all started well. Shake for breakfast amd one for lunch on arrival at hotel then walked round london for 5.5 hrs and felt rather dizzy and sick so had pizza with my son. Only problem was felt really ill later at hotel and was!!! It was awful!
Today was still off plan but walked around for another 5 hrs today! Needless to say I ache a lot! But have also realised I can do a lot walking than I thought I could!!
Thought I'd sleep well tonight but still awake at 1.40am :-(
Back on plan tomorrow after weighing in to see the damage!!
Julie xx

Hi Julie. I don't try to stick to exante while I'm away but rather to just try to eat sensibly. I recently spent 2 weeks in America visiting my sister and only gained 4lb. My problem has been getting back on track since I came back

Well back on plan today :) much easier ti get back into it than I imagined it would be. Had 2 lots of soup today. Tried the Thai Chicken one again was a bit dubious as last attempt with blender was a fail. I now just make them in a saucepan and it was a success :) same with the Mushroom one I had for tea. I added cayenne and black pepper to give it a kick. One left to try and thats the tomato one.
Dont think I will weigh myself for a couple of days to give myself a chance to lose some of my away gain x
Julie x

Well today I had 2 shakes plus a small protein meal. Gammon and cucumber. Had planned to have a soup for tea but the smell of roast Gammon got to me. But am well within my allowances today and may have a shake later just to make sure I have all my nutrients today.
Am feeling rather irritable today and feel that TOTM is coming (again) unfortunately mine seem to last forever with only a few days un between :-( but am feeling better on this plan than did before I started it so will stick at it :)
Im still trying to shift the bit I put in while away but will get there :)
Have a trip to Longleat on Tuesday si am trying to work out what to do there. Have a shake as we are travelling there then maybe pack sime chicken and salad then have soup or shake when I get home. Has anyone tried making up the soups then taking them in a flask??
Next week I'm going away for a couple of days with my youngest but have booked into an aparthotel which has a small kitchenette so food shouldn't be a problem then unless we are eating out but there's always won't power :) As my Dad used to say its not Will power you need it Won't Power :)
Julie xx

Good saying.
Wont power.
I need some of that today for sure.
Just poured a glass of red wine and threw it away.
Wont power.

I hate tape measures so I have this belt and the photo is today and done up on the first hole. I will use this as measure of how I'm doing :)
First target to actually fit the belt on the 1st hole :)

ForumRunner_20130813_002109.png

Good idea!

Have bought new scales as my old ones were not consistent. They showed a 4lb drop one day then a 3lb gain the next even with 100% on plan. So have binned them and new ones much better. They even calculate body fat :-( didn't like that bit though bit hey ho! That measurement is already going down :)
Jx

So, off to Leeds for a couple of days to visit family. Have packed my blender and my whisk and my meals. Fingers crossed I will stick to plan :) Am booked into an Aparthotel that has a little kitchenette so hopefully that will help x
Julie xx

Weigh in day today and 14.5lb in 4 weeks :) taking into account I have been away twice in that time and had 3 meals out too. I am rather pleased with that. Feeling positive and looking forward to more off next week. :)

Back