Total Solution This has to be it!

I did a couple of meet ups a few years ago, really enjoyed them and think they're a great idea. Are you going to go again? I remember doing a roller-derby type one. Had a blast - it was so much fun, but boy does it work out your thighs (this was in my skinnier days of course). The following morning I hobbled out of bed, sat on the loo, only to find I didn't have the muscle strength left to get back off the loo! I was sat there for about 5 minutes, trying to use the sink to hoist myself up!

That's just put the smile back on my face, which I needed, after my son has just lost yet ANOTHER item of sports clothing - this time a lovely jacket which he's only worn once before which he's managed to leave at the golf club. Have driven back up there but it's nowhere to be seen. Our only hope is that my brother in law, who took him, has it but we can't get in touch with him because he's playing in a match now. Here's me dressing myself from Sainsbury's so he can have nice things and then he doesn't look after them. He's always losing stuff. It drives me absolutely nuts.

That's exactly the way to think! I was 60 last month and have the same philosophy. You're as old as you feel. I'm still waiting to feel grown up sometimes!

You know Lynne, I got that vibe from you!! ;)

I did a couple of meet ups a few years ago, really enjoyed them and think they're a great idea. Are you going to go again? I remember doing a roller-derby type one. Had a blast - it was so much fun, but boy does it work out your thighs (this was in my skinnier days of course). The following morning I hobbled out of bed, sat on the loo, only to find I didn't have the muscle strength left to get back off the loo! I was sat there for about 5 minutes, trying to use the sink to hoist myself up!

LOL. I am definitely going again and will look for a couple more to join as well. Maybe a group that has men in it! I might meet a nice one. Haven't bothered with them since I had my son but maybe it's something I should start thinking about. Thing is, I always seem to pick the wrong ones, or they pick me, so not sure I want to go there again! Don't know if I can be bothered with the hassle. (You see, that's where I'm going wrong. I automatically think, with my history, that I'm going to end up with one that brings hassle rather than one that just might make life more pleasant!!)

LOL. I am definitely going again and will look for a couple more to join as well. Maybe a group that has men in it! I might meet a nice one. Haven't bothered with them since I had my son but maybe it's something I should start thinking about. Thing is, I always seem to pick the wrong ones, or they pick me, so not sure I want to go there again! Don't know if I can be bothered with the hassle. (You see, that's where I'm going wrong. I automatically think, with my history, that I'm going to end up with one that brings hassle rather than one that just might make life more pleasant!!)

I know where you're coming from! I never see any men that I find attractive any way, or at least who would find me attractive! I think I'm too set in my ways now to be looking but I guess if it happens it happens. I was just so pleased to get rid of my last (oops and only) husband 7 years ago that I've never found the prospect of any future men in my life to be something I wanted. It may be that I think differently when my sons (now 23 and 25) eventually leave home and when I'm retired. You're an attractive woman Cate and I'm sure there is the right man out there for you if you do decide you want one!

Blimey chick like you look really young. My S.I.L is the same age as you and also looks more than 10 years younger, I am most envious! Glad you had a lovely time. re blokes, I think you have to kiss a few frogs before you find the one for you. I spent far too long with a 'wrong'un' before meeting my husband and he is truly one of the good ones and I know he isn't the only one, so when you are ready, and in the mindset that you are going to meet a 'right'un' then go out there and knock 'em dead. x

I second what if at first says. There are some good blokes out there, it's finding them that's the problem. Depends on whether you are ready to share your time with another person at the end of the day Cate.

Love the photo by the way. You are a very pretty lady even if you do wear clothes from Sainsbury's lol ( I do too!!) :D x

I second what if at first says. There are some good blokes out there, it's finding them that's the problem. Depends on whether you are ready to share your time with another person at the end of the day Cate.

Love the photo by the way. You are a very pretty lady even if you do wear clothes from Sainsbury's lol ( I do too!!) :D x

Ah, thanks for the compliment Susie.

I love Sainsbury's clothes. My 'corner shop' is a huge Sainsbury's and I've had to stop going there because I couldn't stop buying clothes - always in the wrong size mind! That's why I've got so many size 14s still with their labels on waiting for me to shrink into them. :)

I went to the Sainsburys fashion show last Monday Cate! The also showed the new Gok collection that came out on Tuesday. There is a nice red dress which I would quite like to buty. I get a 10% discount because my son works there. There used to be an ASDA across from my last workplace and I have a wardrobe full of George clothes!

They've got some gorgeous new stuff but am trying to be restrained because I already have so many things that I've never worn. Haven't spotted the red dress but bought a lovely tankini. Not exactly tankini weather here in Cardiff today. Just started absolutely tipping it down. At least there's an upside for me with this weather now though. Don't have to spend 20 mins watering my pots. That's 20 mins more for the rebounder. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

They've got some gorgeous new stuff but am trying to be restrained because I already have so many things that I've never worn. Haven't spotted the red dress but bought a lovely tankini. Not exactly tankini weather here in Cardiff today. Just started absolutely tipping it down. At least there's an upside for me with this weather now though. Don't have to spend 20 mins watering my pots. That's 20 mins more for the rebounder. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

I bought a tankini from there too. A bright stripey coloured one x

Still haven't got anything for princess anne's visit!

Wow great loss especially under the chocolatey circumstances. Just think, if you'd gone 'Oh sh1t I've blown it now I may as well carry on eating' you wouldn't have lost 2lbs! I need to remember that, I'm very good at turning a small mess up into a big one because "well I've ruined it now so I might as well".
x

I haven't done that at all. I've found it really easy to just put it behind me and move on. I think maybe because I've accepted that there will be occasional slips but that doesn't mean they have to turn into a landslide. And I try to be matter of fact about it. The slip ups are just a part of the journey. None of us are perfect. :blahblah:

It's really positive that you are managing to do this Cate. Some of us aren't quite there yet! I still find that if I go off track, then that's often me for the rest of the day. The difference in me now is that at least I try to restart the next day. I know I'll get there eventually. itr's about keeping at it and not giving up. You're nbeing inspirational at the moment!

I came across these words of wisdom on the Lipotrim forum. There is a whole thread there started by Goose entitled 'My advice for newbies starting LT' dating back to Dec 2012. Worth reading her whole post but this point resonated with me especially due to the comments made above by Lynne and If at first. Thought it might help.

"If you've had a bad week - don't go AWOL. Come back on to this forum, accept what you have done and get back on track. If you have 7 beautiful roses, if one of them wilts and dies - do you chuck the bunch of seven away or just the one rose? Same - if you have one bad day don't throw your whole week away, same with a month, 30 beautiful roses, if 7 of your roses die, you still have 23 beautiful roses to keep. Please don't chuck the 23 away. If you don't nip it in the bud - mind the pun, the problem gets more out of control than it initially was."

Only thing I would add to that is not even to leave it a day. If you have a bad hour then you don't have to throw away the other 23 in your day. Just get straight back on track.

Cate you look gorgeous in your photo and I love the roses message.....how true x

I came across these words of wisdom on the Lipotrim forum. There is a whole thread there started by Goose entitled 'My advice for newbies starting LT' dating back to Dec 2012. Worth reading her whole post but this point resonated with me especially due to the comments made above by Lynne and If at first. Thought it might help.

"If you've had a bad week - don't go AWOL. Come back on to this forum, accept what you have done and get back on track. If you have 7 beautiful roses, if one of them wilts and dies - do you chuck the bunch of seven away or just the one rose? Same - if you have one bad day don't throw your whole week away, same with a month, 30 beautiful roses, if 7 of your roses die, you still have 23 beautiful roses to keep. Please don't chuck the 23 away. If you don't nip it in the bud - mind the pun, the problem gets more out of control than it initially was."

Only thing I would add to that is not even to leave it a day. If you have a bad hour then you don't have to throw away the other 23 in your day. Just get straight back on track.

Oh my god Cate such a good post - the words from the Lipotrim lady are so simple, so helpful, also your comment about the 24 hours. It seems so obvious and to many I am sure it is, but to me, any probably many others, it never has been! And when I think about it it really is at the heart of how I have regained what I lost. - This really is one for me to note down and keep close. Thank you x

Ladies, glad you like the bunch of roses analogy and that you've found it helpful. I thought it was a really good way of looking at things. Thanks too for nice comments re. my profile pic. x

Officially down 2lbs. Scales haven't moved since earlier in the week when I hit my 2st off so that's where I am still. I suppose TOTM could have something to do with it but it is just sooooo boring losing 2lb after 2lb after 2lb. :sigh: Still at least it's coming off and not going on. Still 2lb to get to my 15st mini goal and 3lbs to get into the 14s. Looking at my signature, I hit 15st 6lbs (216lbs) on 11th June and on the 30th June I am still only a further 4lbs down from that. That's 4lbs in 19 days. I really have to cut out the cheats and up the exercise if I am to speed up my loss. I can't stand the thought of the 14s taking as long to get through. Really want to be 14st by the end of July. Have got to go for it. :whip:

Last edited:
Hi cate. Loving the new picture. You're a smasher! I can feel you reaching those 14s in my water. You're nearly there.Go girl. I'm still on the sideline but very much like those roses, I have no intention of throwing away what I have lost so far just struggling to buy some more roses at the mo. But I'm trying and god loves a tryer!

speak soon...

Back